Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
1. Ram, Bharat, Lakshman and Shatrughna are all manifestations of Maha Vishnu:
According to the Valmiki Ramayan :
- Shri Ram represented one-half of Maha Vishnu
- Bharat represented a quarter of Maha Vishnu
- Lakshman and Shatrughna jointly represented 1/6th of Maha Vishnu
- Later on in the Ramayan, Lakshman is also referred to as an incarnation of Bhagwan Sesh Nag(a manifestation of Narayana/Lord Krishna)
- The Ramcharitmanas describes Ram and Bharat to be of dark complexion and Lakshman and Shatrughna to be of fair complexion.
2. Ravan is aware of the divinity of Lord Ram - Ramcharitmanas:
On hearing about the death of Khar and Dushan, Ravan was very agitated and said to himself:
"Khara Dusana mohi sama balvanta, tinahi ko marai binu bhagwanta
Sura ramjana bhanjana mahi bhara, jau bhagvanta linha avatara
Tau mai bairu hathi karau, prabhu sara prana taje bhava tarau
Hoihi bhajanu na tamasa deha, man krama bachana mantra drha eha
Jau nararupa bhupasuta kou, harihau nari jiti rana dou"
Meaning : Khara Dushana are as powerful as I am(Ravan). Who else could kill them, had it not been God Himself? It seems that God has taken an avatara, so I will go and fight Him and get killed by His arrows inorder to obtain mukti/moksha. There is no other way to achieve liberation since I have committed so many sins. If Ram and Lakshman are two humans, then I will defeat them and carry off Sita. If He is God then I will attain moksha.
3. Shri Ram is the Ultimate Supreme God - Shri Krishna : Valmiki Ramayan
After Shri Ram defeats Ravan, all the Devtas appear along with Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva(the Ultimate Truth) and inform Him of His divinity. They tell Him:
- You are Shri Krishna who is all Truth, Consciousness and Bliss and You are the Lord of all created beings
- Sita is none other than Goddess Lakshmi while You are Lord Vishnu
- At the end of the Universe, You are seen lying on a huge serpent (Lord Sesha Nag) on the cosmic waters.
- Lord Brahma is Your heart, while Goddess Saraswati is Your tongue. The Gods created by Brahma are the hair on Your limbs.
- Night is recognised as the closing of Your eyelids and the day as the opening of Your eyelids.
- The latencies of Your mind appeared as the Vedas.
- The entire cosmos is Your body and the Earth constitutes of Your firmness.
- Fire is Your wrath and the moon constitutes of Your placidity.
4. Rameshwaram Shivling is indirectly mentioned in the Valmiki Ramayan
Lord Ram constructed the Rameshwaram Shivling on the Sea shore before proceeding to Lanka. He prayed to Lord Shiva so that He could succeed in His mission of rescuing Sita and defeating Ravan. Rameshwaram means "The God(eshwar) of Ram" and this name was given by Lord Ram Himself to that area. The construction of the Rameshwaram Shivling was first accounted in the 'Adhyatma Ramayan' written by Ved Vyasji and later in the 'Ramcharitmanas' written by Tulsidasji. But this Rameshwaram incident is hinted in the Valmiki Ramayan. When Ram and Sita are flying back to Ayodhya from Lanka in the Pushpak Vimaan, He points out to the area and tells Sita that He had prayed to Lord Shiva at that site for His(Lord Shiva's) blessings.
5. Maa Vaishno devi and Lord Ram [Not to be confused with Sati story]
Maa Vaishno Devi was called Vaishnavi as a child. When Vaishnavi was 9 years old, She sought her father's permission for doing penance on the sea-shore. Vaishnavi prayed to Lord Vishnu in the form of Rama. During Shree Ram's search for Sita, He reached the sea-shore along with His army. His eyes fell on this Divine Girl in deep meditation. Vaishnavi told Shree Ram that She had accepted Him as Her husband. Shree Ram told Her that during this Incarnation He had vowed to be faithful to only Sita. However the Lord assured Her that in 'Kaliyuga' He would manifest as 'Kalki' and would marry Her. In the meantime Shree Ram asked Vaishnavi to meditate in the cave found in the Trikuta Range of Manik Mountains, situated in Northern India. Ma decided to observe the 'Navratra' for the Victory of Shree Ram against Ravan. Hence one reads the Ramayana during the 9 days of Navratra, in remembrance of the above connection. Shree Ram promised that the whole world would sing Ma Vaishno Devi's praise. Vaishnavi was to become famous as Vaishno Devi and would become immortal forever.