Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Ban ban ban!

pari87 Goldie
pari87
pari87

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
So guys, 

My aunt was watching PR and she got so disturbed with the crazy sequence they showed today, she actually told me, I don;t think I am going to let my daughter ( my cousin sister who is 14) watch this show anymore. It promotes wrong ideas and makes a mockery of the marriage. Love is one thing, marriage is another. 

This is her words I am writing" Archana has always made mockery of marriage by trading her husband for other people's needs and desires. Once you are married to a man, THAT is your primary family. Husband and Wife look at each other as primary sources of happiness and family life. you have your mother and maika but husband and your family will always be first priority, no doubt about that. So having given up your son to your obsessive sister Varsha, who your husband was never supportive of, is actually going against your husband and family and denouncing his needs over your sister's who should now be secondary priority to your husband. 

In love it is ok to act immature, and it is absolutely understandable to promote your family over your lover, but in marriage it is a sacred institution where you take pheras vowing that your husband is your family and vice versa. What they have so far shown in PR is just showing some kind of undying un-understandable love between Arman, but honestly no sanctity of marriage between them. He does not understand her, and she given up on him all the time for others like he is some random toy. 

What purvi did today, again ok, she loved Arjun but loved Aai more, but to push him to marry Ovi and thus lead a dead-end loveless life with some woman is pure cruel. don;t marry him if you don;t want to. Cancel the wedding, but to show marriage as some sort of mockery that you can split second make decisions to marry someone else in 30 minutes, is appalling. Now, if they show Arjun- Ovi married, and Arjun still in love with Purvi not able to move ahead in his life with Ovi and finally Purvi pregnant with his child is almost like The Bold and Beautiful series in the US that was abhoring in it's western concepts of everyone sleeping with everyone. 

I dont let my kids watch some of the adult shows here as they portray values that do not match with our culture and I let them watch so-called family shows on Indian television because I feel they will get a hint of the idea of our customs in our country. however, PR was traumatising in it's butchering of a good love story and showing marriage to be a mere mockery of an institution. Manav archana getting divorced because they don;t have any understanding left between them, no transparency in their relationship and finally Archu again ready to trade husband for Sachin's happiness. But now you killed a normal, understandable love story that made sense, to pave the way for an already broken marriage to re-ignite? That's very callous and stupid. 

I agree there are many more shows out there that promote everything that is wrong and should not be followed by normal people, but I used to see PR because it started off as an immense passionate love story after marriage and grew into a divine relationship between husband and wife where they beat all odds to be together and handle every adverse situation with strenght from each other. Until it became a sore excuse of a story with Varsha, court case and all the understanding between the couple being blown to pieces. Now, they have killed a lovely relationship that was between Arjun and Purvi that I began to think was going to be a great " Pavitra rishta" between them that would help them grow and love each other even more after marriage. But well, the show is def not appropriate anymore for kids or teenagers to watch as they learn the wrong lessons in life. 

I quit PR, my aunt quit PR and she is def not letting her under-age kids watch this silly non-pavitra rishta of a story anymore. 

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

sadesiagniimeghana1016alisa21RazRazeeana-123snowyStar Girlhalfsonajohncena2003luvbbatgmhatcheraditty--Jenelle--ramki1Axiomampliphyhalifax004soapwatcher1AshlaikaNadaCintaameilia

MissMona Senior Member
MissMona
MissMona

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Tell your aunt not to get serious with a fiction show. It's just for entertainment. Same as other fiction movies like Spiderman and Superman or The Twilight. It also give you wrong ideas of human being have super powers and vampires and warewolf live among us.
I'm sure her 14 years old kid smart enough to differentiate real from reel.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saiflicious

johncena2003 Senior Member

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadesismiley20

audiogolf Groupbie
audiogolf
audiogolf

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
well written Pari87 and MissMona, btw are you related to Ekta Kapoor, supporting this garbage... Yes more and more absurd soaps with highly flawed and useless substance like PR should be shown on TV... band karo bakwas...

Absolute mockery of a "Pavitra Rishta"...LOLAngry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sadesi

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index