Comic Relief

pp29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
So today's epi was the worst I have seen in a long long time. I have seen many shows and nothing could beat what was shown today. I refrained from following PR after yesterday's epi but I read the update on the forum today and was thrown off with fits of laughter at this convulated story line destroying 3 people's lives for one Mamta ki  Murti  apni Archu Devi.

So there have been many twists and turns in this show since Ar-Man but most of all our Archu has been the Mother Teresa of all TV soap heroines, being the most open-hearted philanthropist who has been doing charity in the show since day 1. First she sacrifices her "husband" for Shravani, then her son soham for Varsha and then again husband for the chawl people and finally husband daughter and khandaan for Sachin the other son. At this rate she should start a Mard Mukti Shelter for all the needy women out there. Are the men in her life commodities to just give away as and when according to whims? Pathetic. However, I understand Ekta has to show twists and turns in her show to keep Ar-Man;s Pavtira un-broken Rishta going on and TRP's going higher. But at least she never showed them married to other people, unwed pregnancies, other honeymoons. Even at their respective weddings with other people, Ar-Man realized their love for each other and ran from the mandap straight into each other's arms, declaring how marriage is sacred and they cannot tie that knot with anyone else. I understand that "Pavitra Rishta" that you cannot imagine being with anyone else but this one person. 

However, today we saw Purvi beating her own mother to the charity game. Some of the scenes in this epi were so hilariously non-sensical that i decided to write about it and describe it in the comical way I saw them adding background music that should have been played during every scene. 

Scene - Purvi and Ovi at mandir. Purvi tells Ovi I have convinced Arjun and he is all yours now and marry him blah blah blah and Ovi is shedding tears of joy at this whole chamatkar in her life. Its almost like in my head I saw Purvi saying " Hey sister, you can marry my boy, but let my aai have her toy". TO which Ovi actually says " Tum kitni acchi ho Purvi" and then proceeds to hug her 'suddenly loved' sister. I mean c'mon guys, this was soo ridiculous it was almost funny. They were actually hugging at having cracked the deal for the man they both love. It was like the Airtel ad " Jo tera hai woh mera hai". Also, for all the people who think Ovi has pure love for Arjun, I hope today's epi calmed your nerves because this what happened, has proven Ovi has a psychiatric illness called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which needs treatment. She really treated Arjun like her Ken Doll who she finally got to play with thanks to purvi taaai. At this whole heart warming sister hug and love, aankh bhar aayi.

Music - Phoolon ka taaron ka, sab ka kehna hai, ek hazaaron mein hum dono behna hai, saari umar pati share karke rehna hai...

Scene- Purvi and Ovi on phone discussing their deal. Wow. Just Wow. This scene looked more like a business transaction than an emotional upheaval moment. It was just like Purvi said " Hey, I delivered the goods, now please send the direct deposit to my account". It reminded me of Judaai where Sridevi "deals" off her husband to Urmila who is a crazed obsessive lover of ANil. I couldn't beleive my ears at the most stupid disgusting conversation " Maine tumhe arjun de diya, ab tumhein tumhara waada yaad hai nai, meri aai ko uske parivar mein jagah aur pyaar dena". Atjun de diya?? Did you first make a deal with DK that Arjun is now your commodity to trade as and when? Simply super. 

Music- Purvi and Ovi singing to Arjun - (from Golmaal, song - Saala)
Ovi- maine tujhase pyaar kiya hai, tu hai meri jaan
Purvi- meri har dhadkan kehati hai main tujhape kurbaan
Ovi-tera sauda kiya maine khareeda tera naam, tu saala kaam se gaya
Purvi- Tera bech diya maine eemaan,tu saala kaam se gaya 

Scene - Arjun going helplessly to everyone professing his love for Purvi but declaring how he gave up his love for love's sake and telling DK how Purvi gave him no chance to consult with anybody about this decision. Epic. So, Arjun who is a smart, successful, brought up in Canada, businessman suddenly teethers to being a puppet in both the girls's hands. The man who knew how to make split second business deals, was left speechless and braindead when being asked to make a life-long super important decision like marriage. He should have told Purvi to call of the wedding, but making him go ahead and tie teh knot with Ovi while looking at Purvi throughout, that;s exactly the kind of man I will ask my son NOT to be. Have some depth in character, have some self-respect for being traded like some candy between the sisters, have some level-headed thought process before you jump into the well because your "love" asked you to do so. Anyway, sad that Arjun;s character has followed Manav "'now-baba"'s footsteps in letting the ladies reign them and eventually destroy their personality and souls on the show. It was really funny how he looked like a little slave boy just having found a new Master to work for. Finally, he will also be the ball in the never-ending game of donkey like Manav. Bin pendi ka lota, na ghar ka na ghar ka.

Music- Manav and Arjun on a jhoola hugging each other and singing:
Ghungroo ki tarah, bajtaa hi raha hoon main..kabhi is pagh mein, kabhi us pagh main bajtahi raha hoon main..

Scene- Archu, Purvi and Sulo hugging each other and shedding buckets of their never-ending supply of tears. I mean seriously guys. Come ON!!!! Purvi says " Aai maine tere liye kiya" Archu says " tum toh mujhse bhi mahaan nikli" Sulo " Teri hi beti hai akhir archu". Wah waah waah, kya jodi hai. Teen tigade, kaam bigade. Absolutely right statement for them. God knows what Sulo has taught Archu about sacrifice adn what she has passed on to Purvi, but clearly one thing is for sure, Karanjkar ladies should have long back renounced the society and materialistic and social pleasures, and taken celibacy oath and become nuns. They all could have started their Donation Drive NGO and helped the larger society, instead of donating their own husbands and lovers and sons to people. They have only learnt to fall in love, entice good nice men with their charming pretty simple next door girl looks, made them weak in the knees and eventually their brains, and wrapped them up like puppet dolls to be handed out in charity to the next needy person in queue. Their NGO should have it's catch phrase as " By the needy (Purvi), to the needy ( Ovi) for the needy ( Archu). But yes, the love between the ladies is pavitra for sure. The men be damned in their lives. Sulos husband left her and died because he could not take the drama by the Karanjkar women, Sushant quit the show and Manav ran to Canada, now it is Arjun's turn to take a huge U-turn from Purvi and run for his life. For this saga of mamta and pyaar and daandevis, I applaud.

Music- Ek dusre se, karte hain pyaar hum, ek dusre ke liye bekarar hum, sab ke liye bhi karna pade toh, hai taiyaar hum, hai taiyaar hum...

song for savita - Hawa Hawaaai, Bijli giraaane main hoon aayi, ghar sabka tudvaneee main hoon aaaiye,, kehte hain mujhko, savita taaai, lalalalal savita taaai...

song for sachin singing for his never-found mamta from maa - Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin, Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa, Yun To Main,Dikhlata Nahin,Teri Parwaah Karta Hoon Main Maa, Tujhe Sab Hain Pata, Hain Na Maa

song for Teju - main albeli, ghoomoon akeli, ek hi suljheli hoon main, aai meri devi, behnen crazy crazy, aur granny ek paheli hai... :P 

Anyway guys, sorry for the long post, but I was just appalled at the whole crazy nonsense they showed today. Hope this made you laugh as much as I laughed at CV's and their creativity. I have stopped watching PR, no sense of ARVI getting back togethr after this whole weird marriage sequence so will be showing support for RD for Jhalak. Hoping Arvi will be back in some new show, if not, I hope at least PR will stop its trap. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pp29 thumbnail
Forgot to give credit to RD and Asha for outstanding acting today. I think Ovi also has managed to convince everyoen of her character's essence by her acting, She does a good job of emoting well for her crazy obsession. Also, Archu and Sulo are veterans in the crying buckets sequences, so I wasn't taken back too much by them today. 

But yes Manav was as usual blank and confused, Savita as usual smiling and happy, and DK was just neutral by expression. 

RD and Asha stole the show followed by Ovi. Super stuff there! šŸ˜Š
soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Pp29 enjoyed the show through your eyes, I have sworn off watching PR until a semblance of normalcy returns which may be never.

Loved the father-in-law/son-in-law on the jhoola and the donkey reference.

I see a point of no return in the story, it has gotten that horrendously sickly.

Thanks for the chuckle.
jdronamraju thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely !! Enjoyed your post with a much needed laugh.. Thank you...

Their NGO should have it's catch phrase as " By the needy (Purvi), to the needy ( Ovi) for the needy ( Archu).    šŸ˜†
Edited by jdronamraju - 11 years ago
vgiri thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
EXELLENT pp29!!!  First time laughing in the last 48 hours.. thank u..

"Take my boy, Give my mommy her toy"  good one

Love the  " By the needy (Purvi), to the needy ( Ovi) for the needy ( Archu). " 

pallavi25 thumbnail
Hilarious post! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Enjoyed the much needed comic relief! šŸ˜† Although Im not as emotionally invested in this show as many other ArVi fans, still the last few days have been unbearable in terms of sheer lunacy!
Ekta needs to get married and get out of her maykaa...maybe then she would learn the meaning of man-woman relationships! šŸ˜†
Loved the image of Manav and Arjun on the swing, singing Ghungroo ki Tarah...šŸ˜†
All the songs are so apt! 
Ovi and Purvi : Saari umr hamein pati share karna hai...šŸ˜† Too good, Yaar! šŸ‘
Edited by pallavi25 - 11 years ago
aasmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I guess this is what is called melodrama ..
MAYURFAN001 thumbnail
Hahahaha.. Great fantastic post!!!! The idiocracy in this dhow is so appauling... Lols ..

Ekta wanted to refocus on Arman track so she destroyed arvi.. I hope arvi just fade away into the dark.. Hopefully RD and asha can get new projects
K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Its 12:30 here n m rofling on my bed ... omg i m having pillow stuffed in my mouth to control my giggles
Too funny n a relief from crap rishta ... lol the songs r just hillarious
Oh n in the last scene ...i imagined arjun singing "tere liye bik hum gaye ... ovi ko sahe ... dil mei magar jalte rahe teri chahat ke diye"
Purvi can sing "mummy kehti thi bada naam karegi ... beti meri bhi mahan banegi ... "
N ovi can sing "tu pyaar hai kisi aur ka tujse obsessed koi aur hai " šŸ¤£
pp29 thumbnail
šŸ˜†šŸ˜›
Originally posted by: mjht_ArVi4ever

Its 12:30 here n m rofling on my bed ... omg i m having pillow stuffed in my mouth to control my giggles
Too funny n a relief from crap rishta ... lol the songs r just hillarious
Oh n in the last scene ...i imagined arjun singing "tere liye bik hum gaye ... ovi ko sahe ... dil mei magar jalte rahe teri chahat ke diye"
Purvi can sing "mummy kehti thi bada naam karegi ... beti meri bhi mahan banegi 
... "

N ovi can sing "tu pyaar hai kisi aur ka tujse obsessed koi aur hai " šŸ¤£

ahahahhahahahahahaahhha ---perfect songs for the ending :P I thought better to laugh at this script than raise my BP levels or feel bad for Arvi track. But your songs totally made me laugh even more :PšŸ‘