India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5
Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5

Madhuri's "Fake" Accent (Page 5)

FleurBleue IF-Sizzlerz
FleurBleue
FleurBleue

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
I have almost no idea abt how Madhuri used to talk before shifting to USA but at present i don't really think she fakes her accent.

Edited by ThatOneGal - 10 September 2012 at 2:46am

rimi10 Goldie
rimi10
rimi10

Posted: 10 September 2012 at 3:13am | IP Logged

Why so much negativity??? And no it doesn't appear to be fake or as if she is showing off, to me. It rather comes naturally once you stay in US bcoz wat I have noticed that if we speak in Indian accent, the americans don't understand so easily. So it comes naturally  that we have to alter our accent to make them understand. And Madhuri Dixit Nene has stayed there for a very long time and has an Indo-American husband who obviously speaks with american accent.

And its human nature to adapt to the changes. So wats the big deal about it?  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowd

samantha1987200 Senior Member
samantha1987200
samantha1987200

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DOC108

i feel she is having an accent because of living in america for a long time ...i found her a very intelligent person  who married when her career started  fading  had kids and settled down ...i think these people cannot stay away from limelight for a long time so she has packed bags ,kids and husband and has come to india ...that guy will not be able to work in this environment  ...and he has accepted some honorary post in bombay  and doing her   PR work  there was a article criticising  maharahtra govt regarding allotment of land to start a dancing school   to her plus she refused to be a brand ambassador to maharashtra state ...she is ready to work with all the khans ..but nobody till today has entertained her  ...so i hope this move of shifting  back does not back fire ...this is what i have read and feel Smile 

When Madhuri moved to US she was at the peak of her career and thats a fact . Her career wasnt fading as you put it. And you have absolutely no right to question her decision. Its her decision not yours. And you need not worry about Madhuri's move to India backfiring ...Her move to India has also proved very successful.

Keep in mind that an actress who is paid 1cr per episode is very much wanted and even now very much in demand. Can you say the same about other actresses of her era. Its a big resounding NO.

And please stop insulting a person of her caliber.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-

ReallyCool IF-Sizzlerz
ReallyCool
ReallyCool

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by samantha1987200

Originally posted by DOC108

i feel she is having an accent because of living in america for a long time ...i found her a very intelligent person who married when her career started fading had kids and settled down ...i think these people cannot stay away from limelight for a long time so she has packed bags ,kids and husband and has come to india ...that guy will not be able to work in this environment ...and he has accepted some honorary post in bombay and doing her   PR work there was a article criticising maharahtra govt regarding allotment of land to start a dancing school   to her plus she refused to be a brand ambassador to maharashtra state ...she is ready to work with all the khans ..but nobody till today has entertained her ...so i hope this move of shifting back does not back fire ...this is what i have read and feel Smile

When Madhuri moved to US she was at the peak of her career and thats a fact . Her career wasnt fading as you put it. And you have absolutely no right to question her decision. Its her decision not yours. And you need not worry about Madhuri's move to India backfiring ...Her move to India has also proved very successful.

Keep in mind that an actress who is paid 1cr per episode is very much wanted and even now very much in demand. Can you say the same about other actresses of her era. Its a big resounding NO.

And please stop insulting a person of her caliber.

V true!!!

U know what I admired madhuri for her talent & dance but never was fan type but im pretty amazed seeing celebs(guests, judges, hosts & contestants too) come & say shez their idol or they r her fan for so long, like seriously WOW!!! What a calibre of work & respect she earned!

Every1 has their own priorities and of living!! If she wants to earn he can & want to work she cn try there is nothing wrong in that!! If she doesnt want to get in politics or social work thats her choice why should we judge some1else!! She moved in or out of India thats her life but being public figure for so long her fans did miss her when she was away! Her husbandis Indian too not american so their is nothing weirdin im moving to his roots!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

samantha1987200Pri_013

njani123 Goldie
njani123
njani123

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
When you live at one place for long time, you tend adapt accordingly. its not that she is faking but thats how she tried in US to speak so that she can get along with American people easily. Indian English is very high tone and high pitch english and so people in US are unable to get what you are trying to say. One has to change their way of speaking. Just see how Katrina Kaif is trying to speak Hindi. If you compare her Hindi in Boom and Ek Tha Tiger, you can say she adapted very well but still she is not perfect. So does that mean she is faking Hindi accent. So even Madhuri also is not faking my friend.
|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director, BollyCurry Executive Director

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Going on with what a lot of people are saying, you end up adopting the accent of the place you live in for a while - even my parents (mom more than dad b/c he is a bit more stubborn) have picked up the american accent even though they moved here in late adulthood (similar to Madhuri's age I would guess). That being said, to me, it does sound like Madhuri is "trying" to sound more american because an accent that you learnt and grew up with is hard to totally get rid of. 
We've been in the US for a long time, but me (been here majority of my life) and my sis were born in India and when we talk to indian people - family, friends in India or even visiting india - the accent comes back super easily and we barely have an american accent anymore... I've noticed this with a lot of my indian friends who are born in America too! And in all honesty it's a reflex almost - I don't think about it... but when I "try" to talk in an american accent fighting my natural reflex to revert to an indian accent (ex: to my parents because I have american friends around and don't want to sound weird), I end up sounding a bit like what Mads is sounding - kinda forced! 
I don't think she is being "fake" persay, but I think she is forcefully trying to keep her american accent alive... what her reasons are for that is her personal business and nothing I want to speculate on Smile

Edited by luvya4ever - 12 September 2012 at 9:13pm
Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Us Indians living in US have 2 accents...One when we deal with outside world and than one when dealing with Indians or our family...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index