India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5
Jhalak Dikhhla Ja 5

Madhuri's "Fake" Accent

sarah75 Goldie
sarah75
sarah75

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
The 'Dhak Dhak' girl who made many hearts go wild may be making people go mad with her fake 'newly acquired' American accent. Whenever Madhuri Dixit-Nene opens her mouth, she ends up making people laugh. Her good friend SRK was also said to have commented that he found her accent shockingShocked! Madhuri wasn't known for her impeccable English.  but the lady seems to have lost touch with reality lately. Our own Sallu once tried to impress his fans with his fake accent, but realized that fans were not impressed. Looks like Mads could learn from him.

well, I found the above article when I was googling the net. however, she is little bit changed now(after settling down in mumbai). Before, (last year) when she came to India for few days, I found her accent very weird and funny (especially on Kjo's KWK). No doubt, Madhuri, well adapted herself in the US environment, but I wish she would have stucked to her own original flavour.

She should know that Indian people are not fools and easily can make it out. sometimes, I do get irritated when she tries hard to speak in a fake way.

This perhaps has nothing to do with the show. I wanted to share my views as she is part of Jhalak. I want the old "dhak dhak" madhuri back (as she was my fav star)...I find her fake most of the timeOuch.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Alinaaliigckasturiritamukundlux123Shehreen_27leenarana42Pirated_Funraspberrytorteilovecrepes

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 41 member(s) liked the above post:

sugarland12EmmaKinggeetmannroyal16KAAcrazygckasturiPissa99SuhasinniLeiamaaji89khushboorathMs.Cheeniswetha811-Alinaa-sarah75rimi10MrManagementlux123daisyluvSudhaSangeet.ooBubbleGumoo.*shikha*Pori0o0o0o0o0oPri_013NinnzGmDMKJ_VBaanyakunatDriftInfinitelydebby_11shivani003-lazybee-Shru77VintageWineTheEmpressU-No-PooKhushi.Chameli_billiani_grjyothi--GayabCat-

0o0o0o0o0o IF-Dazzler
0o0o0o0o0o
0o0o0o0o0o

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Madhuri is now a US citizen - stayed in America for many years and is married to an Indo-american doctor @@ ./  She has well adapted to American culture and at the same time hasn't forgotten her Indian roots @@@ /   Usually, whenever an NRI or overseas indian speaks in US /UK  in foreign accent, the guys back hom find it FAKE and FUNNY --- @ I don't know why -- @ May be we don't like the idea of our fellow INDIANS speaking in another accent - / @@  That mentality should be CHANGED  -- @ I know some people fake it, but those who live abroad tend to adapt to that accent = @ nothing wrong there !

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

sugarland12EmmaKinggeetmannKAAcrazyk-kimyaLeiaMs.Cheeniswetha811lux123rimi104rosegirl1irene_c*shikha*hpppppPri_013Cyberpsychooodaisyluvshivani003-lazybee-desicrowdTony_StraK786

-GayabCat- IF-Stunnerz
-GayabCat-
-GayabCat-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
It isnt fake
Once a person settles in a different environment outside india pakistan (where we all originally from) theyr accent changes throughout the time goes by, with the person nt realizing it. Bt thats the case with madhuri.
In a different environment outside her own. It changes itself as it adapts the other culture aswell as ur own so madz nt at fault here.
Look at me, am a british born and been living here for 19 yrs nw. So I bound to have proper english scottish british accent. Bt once I speak punjabi or hindi or urdu the accept blends in with ur normal voice n makes it funnier so thats my case too like madz except she moved to america bt I didnt.

So its ok n normal for me
Edited
Maybe u havent been out of india if ur from there so thats why u think its fake
I hope this doesnt gt closed

Edited by -HelloHiByeBye- - 06 September 2012 at 2:53pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sohrobCyberpsychoooVintageWine-Chandramukhi-

-Chandramukhi- IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-GayabCat- IF-Stunnerz
-GayabCat-
-GayabCat-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

Originally posted by -HelloHiByeBye-

It isnt fake
Once a person settles in a different environment outside india pakistan (where we all originally from) theyr accent changes throughout the time goes by, with the person nt realizing it. Bt thats the case with madhuri.
In a different environment outside her own. It changes itself as it adapts the other culture aswell as ur own so madz nt at fault here.<font color="#0000FF">
Look at me, am a british born and been living here for 19 yrs nw. So I bound to have proper english scottish british accent. Bt once I speak punjabi or hindi or urdu the accept blends in with ur normal voice n makes it funnier so thats my case too like madz except she moved to america bt I didnt.
</font>

So its ok n normal for me
Edited
Maybe u havent been out of india if ur from there so thats why u think its fake
I hope this doesnt gt closed

@blue, I am sure then your accent wouldn't be as bad as Madhuri's cuz in her case she immigrated in her adulthood and at certain age, it gets difficult to pick up an accent and make it sound all fluid.

yeh madhuri isnt bad either.. Dunno why ppl find it fake :@
Mines is just an example. I have come across indians coming to me saying I have weird accent LOL
EmAsh IF-Dazzler
EmAsh
EmAsh

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
I think she is not faking. It does happen to lot of people. I think in her case she speaks 4 or 5 languages that's why she has different accent when she speaks English. It is hard to understand but I am sure she is not faking. 

She loves India. She is so much attached to her roots that is why she is back. Trust me you can never forget the place where you gained a lot in your life. 

P.S. I am not huge Madhuri fan as I haven't watch her movies as such. My favorite is Hum Aapke Hain Kaun.  She is one of the down to earth actress in industry.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pri_013VintageWine

sarah75 Goldie
sarah75
sarah75

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Chandramukhi-

I don't know if I can call her accent fake. You see when people aren't used to English back home (India), once they come abroad, they try and speak English as per the environment they are surrounded with. So for some individuals, they basically pick up the accent while interacting with others. But since our mother tongue is very dominant on our speech, it interferes with the way one speaks English, so some words are easily spoken with American accent (in her case), while others get that funny touch to it. So when you combine such words in a sentence, the overall effect may make it sound fake or funny. I have seen it here with many of my friends from back home, who have never really communicated or dealt with English language. Thus, I tend be open mind when I hear such accent.

P.S: As far as I have seen on Jhalak, she has never tried to show off her accent. I have usually seen her interact in Hindi. Once in a while here and there we get to hear her speak in English.

very well said. I got it now. yes, on jhalak, she is mostly seen interacting in hindi. that's goodSmile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index