Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Background dancers! (Page 4)

hasini009 IF-Addictz
hasini009
hasini009

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 5:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PuffinHypercity

What is the purpose of background dancers?Dead I showed some of my western friends 2 bollywood movies and when the songs came they started laughing and I got so embarrassed Ouch They laughed because they couldn't understand why there was background dancers behind the lead actors. This made me think about it long time and I remembered some western articles I had read about bollywood and they had also attacked indian movies because of the stupid background dancers.

Why do we have these background dancers? they are so ugly and to be honest they can't dance so good, their dancing makes me laugh and especially their weird costumes. So when will these background dancers not be in songs?

so westerners doesn't know about background dancers, right?

what do westerners call these people who dances in the background ?Confused

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SudhaSangeetNew_novaaish.

New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hasini009

What is the purpose of background dancers?Dead I showed some of my western friends 2 bollywood movies and when the songs came they started laughing and I got so embarrassed Ouch They laughed because they couldn't understand why there was background dancers behind the lead actors. This made me think about it long time and I remembered some western articles I had read about bollywood and they had also attacked indian movies because of the stupid background dancers.

Why do we have these background dancers? they are so ugly and to be honest they can't dance so good, their dancing makes me laugh and especially their weird costumes. So when will these background dancers not be in songs?

AliensOuch, ZombiDead

LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hasini009

hasini009 IF-Addictz
hasini009
hasini009

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 5:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by New_nova

Originally posted by hasini009

AliensOuch, ZombiDead

LOL

ho sakta haiLOL

New_nova

noorsand Goldie
noorsand
noorsand

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
I think thats what make BW movies unique!! I love the background dancers and the synchronized dance movements! It is not something to be embarrased of but something to be proud of! When Slumdog Millionaire came out, Danny Boyle said in his interview that he wanted to include a song to include the BW feel with synchronized, out of the blue dancing and hence "Jai Ho" was born. And that song, won an academy awardClap. He also apologized to the choreographer in his speech (forgot the name) since he unintentionally failed to include him in the credits.
TheMummy_LeAbba IF-Rockerz
TheMummy_LeAbba
TheMummy_LeAbba

Posted: 27 December 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged
well thats what separate BW songs from other songs .but most american POP songs have bg dancers even the most famous at present gangum has bg dancers.sometimes it does seems odd that out of blue hero heroine dancing but then they should have someone to support them so that they alone wont look stupid .but this is a source of income for these people as most come from a lower economic background .if BW gets rid of them a large chunk of people would be jobless .Just to make BW songs appreciable for some pseudo intellectual  firangis u cant render  many people jobless

SudhaSangeet

Go to top