India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

The OTHER Perspective (Page 3)

rabzonedge IF-Sizzlerz
rabzonedge
rabzonedge

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Great post Sabeeha..its true..every character views is justified and they behave as per their age and generation gap..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sabeeha

current IF-Rockerz
current
current

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Euthansia ..would have made more sense...LOLLOL..At least more than the mental torture...today..

Now give me that morphine..LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sabeehasonali.19281

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Well sabeeha Awesome post & dude punya means good deeds & paap is antonym of same

Coming to ur post...exactly they were bound to react like this. Elders are like this. But Even here on IF , we have differences on the issue. C'mon ppl abort for all kind of stupid reasons but If the same is for A noble cause, it's not acceptable. As for elders they won't accept it any situation

We have a saying here...I will translate. When comes to saving and sacrifice

A person for community, community for a state & a state for a country

So doesn't that applies here...an unborn for a 22 yr old

sabeeha

sabeeha Senior Member
sabeeha
sabeeha

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nobo

Well sabeeha Awesome post & dude punya means good deeds & paap is antonym of same

Coming to ur post...exactly they were bound to react like this. Elders are like this. But Even here on IF , we have differences on the issue. C'mon ppl abort for all kind of stupid reasons but If the same is for A noble cause, it's not acceptable. As for elders they won't accept it any situation

We have a saying here...I will translate. When comes to saving and sacrifice

A person for community, community for a state & a state for a country

So doesn't that applies here...an unborn for a 22 yr old

:L I had NO idea what 'punya' was, thanks for the translation :)

I just think that it's just too easy to judge these days. People have their own personal views on these matters and I don't think we have the right to try and defame their stand point. I'm not naming any names or anything, but I've seen some things around calling Manvi supporters as wanting Manvi to die. Okay, people hold different views for different reasons; we may have a person who absolutely adores Manvi but are a devout Catholic - abortions are completely outlawed in Catholicism. We have no right to try and tear down someones beliefs, or even worse, manipulate then to show them as something else.

That's a beautiful saying, it just shows how we're all inextricably linked to one another and that the bigger picture can not be made without the individuals. 

Don't take offense at this, but I'm pretty much a neutral person so the whole 'stupid reasons' thing; we don't know what's going through someone mind when they're deciding to have an abortion, we don't know how they're feeling, we don't know what it's like to be in their shoes. We don't know what's in their heart, so I just feel that sometimes when we judge like that, it's really not going to do any benefit to anything.

The whole debate; life for Manvi or life for baby - to each their own. I'm not going to try and force my stand point on anyone else because that's mine personally and I have my own reasons as to why I believe that. There's no right or wrong here, and as long as people disagree, then there never will be :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sadfacegirl123nobo

nobo IF-Dazzler
nobo
nobo

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Right , We don't know what situation in they are. No offense taken either ,  understand . Not that I'm blaming those who abort (very personal decision isn't it ) , but sometimes u do have to do things you don't like to

Yeah catholic views don't permit it ( someone told me) & it varies in every ethic 
Just that CVs of this show have given themselves a delicate issue But r not smart enuf to pen out a suitable end for it

sabeeha

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sabeeha

Originally posted by current

was about to say the same thing..

In the real world ..you would be more likely to find a donor..less likely to get myelo ablative chemo..

Sigh..This DRAMA ..or should I say the stunt of throwing the sisterly sacrifice in our faces..does reduce the abortion issue to something commonplace...Arghhh

Sisterly sacrifice could have shown in a number of diffenrent ways..really  ..to go to the extent of taking her across the world for treatment or funding it if you will..WHY does Sacrifice need to be OTT and spelt out..as if the Abortion is the only way to prove that she is the best sister ever..

and ofcourse the Court room drama to add to the martyr dom of Jeevika..

The problem in Indian telly is the LITERAL aspect..ab drama hai...toh Drama kar keh dikhayeen..

Too many loop holes..

My main issue from the start; why even bring in the abortion?

Completely out of place and out of context, and on top of that, what was the need to show such a ridiculous and impossible situation like this to show the big sacrifice? 

You can't justify it, it makes no sense and there's no outcome from this that could be in any way acceptable to viewers.

THIS is exactly my point.. when you cant handle the basics why play with sensitive issues.. its easier said that done that its fiction.. but if you are counting on CONNECTING to people (read trps) you are obvious deriving from life experiences of viewers on some levels.. yes its about teasing emotions.. but so below the belt.. REALLY NOW.. have we come to such a nadir.. in the name of fiction.. that we will never hold any accountability to any person's sentiments.. and be sensitive to more than one aspect.. that bothers me.. 

ROFL oh dearrr god euthanasia is defo the next line of defense isnt itLOL and if i were to give another dimension god forbid they play with autism and / or infertility.. all  i wld say is.. may the strength and solidarity lay with the viewers to find a better option at 8.30.. than sit through such mental torture.. 

sabeeha

MJHTMonayaSajan Goldie
MJHTMonayaSajan
MJHTMonayaSajan

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
thats sooo true man!!!!!!
Even my mom n ma friends' moms have stopped watching bcz they think Jeevika s not doing the right thing n she must fulfil "her in-laws n husbands" demands n have her own life bcz she s married now n forget abt her sister...
Even they know its not right but they r saying its just what a woman is supposed to do once she is married...forget about her mayka n serve duties of her sasural...
All ma frnds n m off course disagree n debate with them a lottt on this...
Its just the generation gap n hope we will increas the wider prospective abt thingsSmileSmile
MJHTMonayaSajan Goldie
MJHTMonayaSajan
MJHTMonayaSajan

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sabeeha

My main issue from the start; why even bring in the abortion?

Completely out of place and out of context, and on top of that, what was the need to show such a ridiculous and impossible situation like this to show the big sacrifice? 

You can't justify it, it makes no sense and there's no outcome from this that could be in any way acceptable to viewers.
Starting to feel the sameCryCryCry

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index