Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: sabeeha

The other dialogue problem I had was just the way the 'oh, doesn't matter, we can have another one' has been over used and some what trivialised to some extent. Yeah, fine have an abortion if it's a must, but the whole dialogue is just degrading the impact of the abortion - as if it's had barely any impact on them. At the end of the day, seems like the foetus inside wasn't special at all, or that every child should be given the same importance as that one had - having a kid is simple, anybody can do it. Quite insensitive to many many number of people out there who can't conceive at all and here we have two people saying that throwing away a child is nothing coz we can always get another as if the child is some toy :S

Or it could just be Viren and Jeevika trying to cope with the abortion, downplaying the child's significance in their life so it's not easier, but more gentler in letting go; but somehow I doubt the writers are that deep...

Sabeeha.. havent seen the epis after Viren's initial reaction.. just coz on convictional ground I couldnt sit through the simplistic representation.. and THIS HERE is EXACTLY WHY.. I gather that they wanna show its a catch 22 and there is JUST NO OTHER WAY.. fine then go ahead and do what you deem appropriate.. but NOT at the cost of being insensitive or trivializing another aspect.. If people are vastly disconnected on the cancer issue.. the abortion justification- of time and again repeating we can conceive again just goes below the belt.. that completely COMES ACROSS AS JUSTIFICATION.. which is insensitive on some levels.. and yes.. I thought the same.. there are loads of people out there who struggle to conceive.. no wonder there are that many fertility clinics around now.. its a long shot for us to expect the CVs to even think holistic and regard a section's sentiments.. somewhere the we can conceive defo comes across as "  dont abuse the privilege" to some couples out there.. but who cares right.. this is about the larger than life behna relationship.. sensitivity of any other order be damned.. 

having said that.. in my drama viewing experience they may even be harping on it.. to show the greek tragedy impending. .where J cant conceive or finds it hard to later on.. and the whole drama again with possible surrogacy etc.. i dont even wanna think about it.. it's like this crew has made up their mind to NOT LET GO of any medical hazard.. if making a mockery of cancer and medicine related to its treatment wasnt sacrilege enough.. god forbid they think of playing with infertility.. My best wishes to those viewers who battle such maladies in real life.. and the callousness continues..
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
was about to say the same thing..

In the real world ..you would be more likely to find a donor..less likely to get myelo ablative chemo..

Sigh..This DRAMA ..or should I say the stunt of throwing the sisterly sacrifice in our faces..does reduce the abortion issue to something commonplace...Arghhh

Sisterly sacrifice could have shown in a number of diffenrent ways..really  ..to go to the extent of taking her across the world for treatment or funding it if you will..WHY does Sacrifice need to be OTT and spelt out..as if the Abortion is the only way to prove that she is the best sister ever..

and ofcourse the Court room drama to add to the martyr dom of Jeevika..

The problem in Indian telly is the LITERAL aspect..ab drama hai...toh Drama kar keh dikhayeen..

Too many loop holes..
Edited by current - 11 years ago
delete1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sonuni

Do you know one instance when Swamz surprised me?Remember the scene where Swamini sees the brothers talking about Virat going to Hrishikesh. Virat says sorry to Swamz.. and she brushes it aside... She was more concerned about what Virat was going to do than the fact that her izzat was restored.. That was one instance where I really respected her! 

She's a pretty complex character, like literally there are so many layers to her. It's probably because of her lack of transparency that I'm not too inclined on liking her but the woman knows what she wants and what she believes.

I just think that she's just not very good with emotions; she doesn't like to exhibit but rather keep to herself which proves to be her downfall because keeping it hidden becomes too much and she has many many outbursts, bit like the Virat-Swamz one when he proclaimed his love for Manvi.

Deffo not a grey character, but lots of shades of grey in her.
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonali.19281

Sabeeha.. havent seen the epis after Viren's initial reaction.. just coz on convictional ground I couldnt sit through the simplistic representation.. and THIS HERE is EXACTLY WHY.. I gather that they wanna show its a catch 22 and there is JUST NO OTHER WAY.. fine then go ahead and do what you deem appropriate.. but NOT at the cost of being insensitive or trivializing another aspect.. If people are vastly disconnected on the cancer issue.. the abortion justification- of time and again repeating we can conceive again just goes below the belt.. that completely COMES ACROSS AS JUSTIFICATION.. which is insensitive on some levels.. and yes.. I thought the same.. there are loads of people out there who struggle to conceive.. no wonder there are that many fertility clinics around now.. its a long shot for us to expect the CVs to even think holistic and regard a section's sentiments.. somewhere the we can conceive defo comes across as "  dont abuse the privilege" to some couples out there.. but who cares right.. this is about the larger than life behna relationship.. sensitivity of any other order be damned.. 

having said that.. in my drama viewing experience they may even be harping on it.. to show the greek tragedy impending. .where J cant conceive or finds it hard to later on.. and the whole drama again with possible surrogacy etc.. i dont even wanna think about it.. it's like this crew has made up their mind to NOT LET GO of any medical hazard.. if making a mockery of cancer and medicine related to its treatment wasnt sacrilege enough.. god forbid they think of playing with infertility.. My best wishes to those viewers who battle such maladies in real life.. and the callousness continues..

Can't really say anymore; the last line pretty much sums it all up right? 

Cancer, abortion, infertility... I think they should go for euthanasia next, or better yet, bring some same-sex marriage issues in - now they will definitely excel in that. Despite the fact it will bear no connection with the plot, who cares? At least anything without sufficient plot holes would be easier on the eyes and brain.

The other thing I find quite funny is how they're just building upon the medical shitty bloopers, with layers upon layers going on top. Did no one ever tell them that you can't build a house with sand for foundations? And here comes the second wave...
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: current

was about to say the same thing..

In the real world ..you would be more likely to find a donor..less likely to get myelo ablative chemo..

Sigh..This DRAMA ..or should I say the stunt of throwing the sisterly sacrifice in our faces..does reduce the abortion issue to something commonplace...Arghhh

Sisterly sacrifice could have shown in a number of diffenrent ways..really  ..to go to the extent of taking her across the world for treatment or funding it if you will..WHY does Sacrifice need to be OTT and spelt out..as if the Abortion is the only way to prove that she is the best sister ever..

and ofcourse the Court room drama to add to the martyr dom of Jeevika..

The problem in Indian telly is the LITERAL aspect..ab drama hai...toh Drama kar keh dikhayeen..

Too many loop holes..

My main issue from the start; why even bring in the abortion?

Completely out of place and out of context, and on top of that, what was the need to show such a ridiculous and impossible situation like this to show the big sacrifice? 

You can't justify it, it makes no sense and there's no outcome from this that could be in any way acceptable to viewers.
..Gowri.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wonderful post as always sabeeha!! Khandaan ka khoon is a matter of critical aspect to the elders. Its a fact that the eldies hv lived 3/4th of their life in a stern & complex society where Crossing the Lines was always PAAP. Hence, they will, definitly will, find it difficult to raise their minds in par with the Youngies, who live in a much much relaxed society!!
& regarding the show's present condition, Well its really not up to the mark for me. Its not that there are no virman scenes, NO. Even though i enjoy the lovey dovey thing, i believe that they shud've put up an emotional confrontation btwn the couple.. I need to see that bcos it MAKES SENSE! Not even a single lover will have the courage to still put up a brave front wen he sees his girl dying. 
I still remember the one liner they gave wen he shaved his hair. "Aaj Raath Virat Khada Kardega Pyaar Ka Ek Naya Mishaal". Plain & Pure logic., The viewers will expect to see a  Virat in all his blood & Bones , In a human form, than the Pillar Virat of Vadhera house!
Edited by atthi - 11 years ago
rabzonedge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great post Sabeeha..its true..every character views is justified and they behave as per their age and generation gap..
current thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Euthansia ..would have made more sense...😆😆..At least more than the mental torture...today..

Now give me that morphine..😆
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well sabeeha Awesome post & dude punya means good deeds & paap is antonym of same

Coming to ur post...exactly they were bound to react like this. Elders are like this. But Even here on IF , we have differences on the issue. C'mon ppl abort for all kind of stupid reasons but If the same is for A noble cause, it's not acceptable. As for elders they won't accept it any situation

We have a saying here...I will translate. When comes to saving and sacrifice

A person for community, community for a state & a state for a country

So doesn't that applies here...an unborn for a 22 yr old
delete1234 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nobo

Well sabeeha Awesome post & dude punya means good deeds & paap is antonym of same

Coming to ur post...exactly they were bound to react like this. Elders are like this. But Even here on IF , we have differences on the issue. C'mon ppl abort for all kind of stupid reasons but If the same is for A noble cause, it's not acceptable. As for elders they won't accept it any situation

We have a saying here...I will translate. When comes to saving and sacrifice

A person for community, community for a state & a state for a country

So doesn't that applies here...an unborn for a 22 yr old

:L I had NO idea what 'punya' was, thanks for the translation :)

I just think that it's just too easy to judge these days. People have their own personal views on these matters and I don't think we have the right to try and defame their stand point. I'm not naming any names or anything, but I've seen some things around calling Manvi supporters as wanting Manvi to die. Okay, people hold different views for different reasons; we may have a person who absolutely adores Manvi but are a devout Catholic - abortions are completely outlawed in Catholicism. We have no right to try and tear down someones beliefs, or even worse, manipulate then to show them as something else.

That's a beautiful saying, it just shows how we're all inextricably linked to one another and that the bigger picture can not be made without the individuals. 

Don't take offense at this, but I'm pretty much a neutral person so the whole 'stupid reasons' thing; we don't know what's going through someone mind when they're deciding to have an abortion, we don't know how they're feeling, we don't know what it's like to be in their shoes. We don't know what's in their heart, so I just feel that sometimes when we judge like that, it's really not going to do any benefit to anything.

The whole debate; life for Manvi or life for baby - to each their own. I'm not going to try and force my stand point on anyone else because that's mine personally and I have my own reasons as to why I believe that. There's no right or wrong here, and as long as people disagree, then there never will be :)