India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Cyberbullying in IF!

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
The reason for this post is in response to Khubhoo's post.  IF exists as a forum so that we can voice our opnions regarding the show, comment about the story and also acting ability.  These forums give us immense reach and help us connect to like-minded people all over the world but it also has a negative side..it can lead to cyber-bullying sometimes. Anonymity or just the fact that we are not directly dealing with the person we are talking about, makes people bolder and say (Write) things that they wouldn't normally do.
  One incident that happened recently, was the tweets that Sana Khan (Lavanya) received!  I just want to clarify, I am not against criticism! If we don't like a certain track or something about a scene, we should definitely voice our opinion.  But, we should follow the rule of thumb:  Don't write anything that you would be uncomfortable talking/saying in person!!  
  Hopefully, we can have a more respectful IF!! Love you all!!

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

toggle45jerriblankArchana89fatprincessBadtameeezswtashTinkerfairyMaddyAddysmitzyfly_dogRushilovesBarunarchie_79.Euphoria.rini_katincarnadinepieryroseGodhuliLogonArnieBoyBarun-MeMyselfI_TheJoker-

rini_kat IF-Rockerz
rini_kat
rini_kat

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Agreed... I am against the personal attacking of actors...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

FalciparumGodhuliLogon-MeMyselfI

Badtameeez Senior Member
Badtameeez
Badtameeez

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Agree!! Actors need to be respected because they are working to entertain us. I am sure they welcome criticizes but there is a thin boundary that separates bashing from feedbacks. So yeah people, respect!!
People criticize actors online because they do not have the guts to share it as a person. Seriously, how lame?!

Edited by Barun.Obsessed - 06 September 2012 at 12:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Falciparumrini_kat

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
I am especially sad seeing the animosity towards Daljeet, we are all strong modern women (at least think we are), then what is wrong if she has negotiated more screen time for herself.  From what I see, it is only making the story stronger and more interesting!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-MeMyselfI

Tinkerfairy Goldie
Tinkerfairy
Tinkerfairy

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
so true, it's easy to bash someone behind computer but ,not in the face..Confused

Falciparum

ArnieBoyBarun IF-Stunnerz
ArnieBoyBarun
ArnieBoyBarun

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Very true buddy. No intrusion to actors' personal lives and bashing the actors.

Edited by dkatmala - 06 September 2012 at 12:24pm

Falciparum

rini_kat IF-Rockerz
rini_kat
rini_kat

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Falciparum

I am especially sad seeing the animosity towards Daljeet, we are all strong modern women (at least think we are), then what is wrong if she has negotiated more screen time for herself.  From what I see, it is only making the story stronger and more interesting!

I also feel disgusted with Daljeet bashing posts... If she wants more screenspace where s her fault... she doesn't write tracks... As per story  I  am not liking current tracks...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Mountainbreeze7FalciparumArnieBoyBarun-MeMyselfI

Falciparum Senior Member
Falciparum
Falciparum

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Ok! Just providing the Wiki link for cyberbullying:
  It specifies the harmful effect of cyberbullying:

victims have lower self-esteem, increased suicidal ideation, and a variety of emotional responses, retaliating, being scared, frustrated, angry, and depressed.[29]

One of the most damaging effects is that a victim begins to avoid friends and activities, often the very intention of the cyber-bully.

Sorry to be kinda extreme! But, just wanted to emphasize..that even unknowingly/unintentinally we can cause harm!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index