Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Hi all! I've never posted in this forum but I do always read it. I'm so upset that I feel compelled to write this today!
Why did Purvi betray Arjun? I just tried to number my crazy thoughts. I don't even know if it makes sense but I just had to let this out!
1. I feel this is a betrayal because she broke his heart literally within minutes of their marriage. She went through such ceremonies as the haldi and mehndi and at the very last moment she bolted. Did she seriously make a deal for her love? She sold Arjun in a way for her mother. That's the worse betrayal. ever.
2. Has Purvi forgotten what Arjun did for her hand in marriage? He let go of his lavish lifestyle and lived in a poor neighborhood with water leaking on his face at night for her sake, that too with a smile on his face! He worked as a mechanic. He went to different offices to get a job and embarrassed his family. How is this embarrassing? Well I'm sure, the Indian community's tongues start wagging when a son leaves his father's company. Next, he got shot in the leg twice for her sake!
How did Purvi not take this into account while making her decision? This man did anything for her sake and she just left him on the day of their wedding - that too all dressed up.
3. Does Arjun not have a say in his life decisions? Why did Purvi feel after everything he done for her that he should again "do this" for their love?
4. Did Purvi not think about the suffering and pain Arjun must deal with inexchange for her mother's happiness? How is one person's happiness more important than another? And HOW can you exchange one's happiness for another and claim it is the "right thing to do"?
5. I feel like Purvi felt she owed something to her adopted mother for everything she has done for her in terms of adopting her and raising her etc. Parents do not take the raising of their child as a favor that their child must return later on in life. Especially in this case since Archana decided to ADOPT Purvi. People who adopt a child truly want that happiness in their life and do everything possible for that child and WOULD NEVER expect anything in return. Who adopts or gives birth to a child thinking okay one day this child will return the favor of me raising them. A parent's love is unconditional and never based on such favors or what their child has or will do for them.
6. In a sense I feel Ovi deserves Arjun. This woman loved Arjun since she could remember and she never let go. Whatever you may call her love but still at the end of the day she would do anything for Arjun. You are supposed to fight for the person you love till the end. However, deewana or selfish Ovi's love may be... it is a form of a love. If someone can do this much for theperson they love..shouldn't Arjun attempt to love her back? I do not agree with what Ovi has done but I was just thinking about this in terms of how Ovi never let Arjun go b/c she truly loves him.
Purvi left him inspite of saying she loves him dearly without even letting Arjun have an input or anything. That is not love. That is selfish.
The most important question here is why did Arjun have to pay for the marital problems older than he is himself of Archu?
At the end of this, I feel the worse for Arjun. That poor man has been sentenced to a lifetime of pain and suffering just because his lady love felt she owed it to her mother to try to give her happiness back.
This has truly been the most sickening thing I've ever seen. And no Purvi, making promises and fulfilling them in love and dying in the name in love is NOT EASY. Commitment takes a lot of dedication and strength which obviously you flaked on. Giving someone else a sentence of pain for their life knowingly is easy. It's a decision you took a few days to make but a consequence that will echo for years.