Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Do Artists only want to hear their laurels... (Page 27)

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stafhtad

DKS,

Wonderful Post.  If someone is in the acting or for that matter any PUBLIC profession, they fully are prepared for Highs and Lows, Praises and Put Downs, Boquets and Brickbats.  If they are not prepared for that and want to act sensitive, then they are in the wrong profession.

As to the posts which make the rounds as if they are authorized and authored by the star itself, here is my opinion about that.

I sincerely believe the type of Posts which are more of "putting words in an actors mouth and projecting their feelings of hurt as actors hurt" does more damage to the actor than any sort of negative criticism can.

Barun has in many interviews mentioned he is jarred and looks quite uneasy at all the feamle attention he gets and their incessant push and shove to touch him.  He mentioned as much in bouth magazine and video interviews.

Has his uneasiness ever stopped any of the feamles on this forum writing absoultely and explicitly about what they want to do to him.  They are considered positive posts?  After he expresses his unease, do these fans think he gets happy seeing how teenagers and mature ladies are describing his ass, his muscles and writing in as sexual manner as possible what they want to do to him? 

Don't get me wrong.  I see nothing wrong in talking about how sexy he is.  I am just mentioning, that he finds talk about his sexy image a bit uneasy.  That did not bring out the moral police, has it?  

Many a stars including the great Amitabh have been panned mercilessly by fans and critics for acting in some of his recent movies.  Do you think he is sitting and crying and sad.  Tomorrow when Baruns movie comes out, people including critics, some will pan him and lot of them may praise him.  Do you think he will stop acting, because he sees negative reviews about his acting and his movie debut.

Actors are fully aware of the fact that their profession is a public profession and will be under the microscope once fame is attaines.  they are very aware of the fact that they are putting themselves out there to be objectified, written about, praised and skewered.

Fans telling others he is feeling sad reading negative things about him, makes him look like someone who cannot handle all the benefits and brick bats that come with stardom.

So if one is a true fan, they should stop making posts saying things which he never said out loud to any media or never mentioned any of his feelings out to the media.

Even if he did say it to someone on the sets, he told that in confidence, not to get it published on forums and make him look like someone who cannot handle negative things and only want positive things.

I just wish, so called fans, stop and think and see how these type of moral policing and juxtaposition of their interprations as the said actors interpetations are what causes immense harm to the actor.  Not the criticism of his acting talents, hari cuts or tired looks !!!!

Well said dear..Clap

I totally agree to each and evry word you have said..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SeerialLoopsStormChasergatheringstorm

StormChaser IF-Rockerz
StormChaser
StormChaser

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 5:43am | IP Logged
Sorry DKS, didn't respond earlier...was away from  I-F..
But kudos to you for making this post!
Well, I think the CVs might just be following a 'dekhna hai toh dekho warna mat dekho' formula...
If they continue doing so..then this Titanic is surely not a strong one like it was claimed and looks like it's already hit a ginormous iceberg and is getting ready to sink..
Yes, this is where all my positivity about tha show has gone..I even watched the episodes when the kidnap crap was going on and didn't complain because I knew that the CVs had a problem at that point but now I am going to complain. After standing by its side through thick and thin, if this is the show's way of thanking me then I am soo ready to throw it all in the bin..especially their stupid 'Didi aur uski juice' story which I bet even 1-yr olds wouldn't like!...Urggh! They're driving me crazy in frustration dammit! Angry

Wonderful post DKS! I just hope that after so many wonderful posts like this one, the people in the show learn something, especially you-know-who, and finally pop their bubble!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-DKS-

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

Originally posted by Didikisaut

I have been reading repeatedly as to how the channel, PH and the actors or their representatives visit forums to judge fan's reaction how much of it is true is anybodys guess..

So when they visit us do they only want to listen only to nice and goody goody stuff like wow the show rocks, the actor is exceptional and so on and so forth. Are we as a loyal fans doing justice towards them...

The forum must reflect the reality of life any opinion which is biased or based out of  blind love is only misleading and makes a false impression. Have we learned nothing from Anjali???

Stating the wrong facts will only bring a bad name to the forum and its fans as some one is depending on us for a honest feedback...

what Say???

Isn't the answer to your questions already in the serial? Just take a look at Anjali's behaviour and you will find your answer there  ... Wink 

If they did visit the forum and took offence to our criticism aren't they behaving like Anjali? Delusional and burying their heads in the sand?

yes you caught me...Anjali was used by me is a sarcastic way to take home my point...Wink

StormChaser

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonapari

Originally posted by stafhtad

DKS,

Wonderful Post.  If someone is in the acting or for that matter any PUBLIC profession, they fully are prepared for Highs and Lows, Praises and Put Downs, Boquets and Brickbats.  If they are not prepared for that and want to act sensitive, then they are in the wrong profession.

As to the posts which make the rounds as if they are authorized and authored by the star itself, here is my opinion about that.

I sincerely believe the type of Posts which are more of "putting words in an actors mouth and projecting their feelings of hurt as actors hurt" does more damage to the actor than any sort of negative criticism can.

Barun has in many interviews mentioned he is jarred and looks quite uneasy at all the feamle attention he gets and their incessant push and shove to touch him.  He mentioned as much in bouth magazine and video interviews.

Has his uneasiness ever stopped any of the feamles on this forum writing absoultely and explicitly about what they want to do to him.  They are considered positive posts?  After he expresses his unease, do these fans think he gets happy seeing how teenagers and mature ladies are describing his ass, his muscles and writing in as sexual manner as possible what they want to do to him? 

Don't get me wrong.  I see nothing wrong in talking about how sexy he is.  I am just mentioning, that he finds talk about his sexy image a bit uneasy.  That did not bring out the moral police, has it?  

Many a stars including the great Amitabh have been panned mercilessly by fans and critics for acting in some of his recent movies.  Do you think he is sitting and crying and sad.  Tomorrow when Baruns movie comes out, people including critics, some will pan him and lot of them may praise him.  Do you think he will stop acting, because he sees negative reviews about his acting and his movie debut.

Actors are fully aware of the fact that their profession is a public profession and will be under the microscope once fame is attaines.  they are very aware of the fact that they are putting themselves out there to be objectified, written about, praised and skewered.

Fans telling others he is feeling sad reading negative things about him, makes him look like someone who cannot handle all the benefits and brick bats that come with stardom.

So if one is a true fan, they should stop making posts saying things which he never said out loud to any media or never mentioned any of his feelings out to the media.

Even if he did say it to someone on the sets, he told that in confidence, not to get it published on forums and make him look like someone who cannot handle negative things and only want positive things.

I just wish, so called fans, stop and think and see how these type of moral policing and juxtaposition of their interprations as the said actors interpetations are what causes immense harm to the actor.  Not the criticism of his acting talents, hari cuts or tired looks !!!!
Story doesn't add up...
Something fishy going on here...Shocked
How can a guy in public eye get sad for negative posts???
It sounds strange to me...
This is not his first serial...
So he must have gone through all this before ipkknd too...Confused
Every actor goes through this...right?

It is very fishy indeed...Barun is not a struggling actor...he might have had gone through even worse criticism during his beginning days as an actor...

gatheringstorm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Siri22

Rahm,

I agree most of us have including me bashed DB/Anji only because DB is as annoying as Anji. Mostly people are more upset at the way DB defended her character. Her rolling eyes and telling people to chill out. That was really off putting. It's like insulting audience intelligence.

I also think she didn't arm twisted the CV's to change the entire story just for her sake. It's every right of an actor to demand screen space but ultimately the decision rests with producers.  The show is DKS as confirmed by GUl,GH and they chose to go ahead with it. We are all just upset that first DB can't act, and second it has been promoted as a love story and now there's no love shown. Audience patience is waning. Most of us were loyal and stuck through the ridiculous kidnapping track so everyone should stop telling us that we need to show loyalty.

And like Sara mentioned where were Barun, Sanaya, Abhas when fans are ripping them apart. Not once I saw Barun come in and say "Please love my character". Anywho I don't beleive he's upset reading IF posts. If he is then I have to say You're not fit for bollywood.  or rather have a thick skin. You know how critics,fans will rip him apart if he's not good. 

Having said that we have every right to criticize ASR. Half the time he looks dazed,unkempt though he's better now. He's in show business for god's sake. A little grooming is all what fans are asking for. 

Yes DB offscreen behaviour and the PH declaring it openly that the show was DKS to begin with has annoyed the fans..

I am a basher too as I too have been crtical of Anjali/DB

I started losing my interest from Kidnapping track but Khushi held me back..we had many expectations from the show post that track but none is being fulfilled...

Patience cannot be limitless fans will snap one day and rebel...

I did mention the same things about grooming in some of my replies

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Siri22gatheringstorm

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chillygirl

Hey DKS I'm really late in replying but I coudnt resist myself coz I have a lot to say on this so firstly thanx for making this topic

Now, I read a post by someone who gives hints that how we fans have "lost" some actor's respect for us coz of all the criticism. How, when any actor visits IF, he/she just see his "bashing" and it puts him/her off. Now here ur question matters that do actors only want laurels and not a true and fair feedback? Are they this insecure or sensitive that they can't criticism in a positive sense? If yes, then I'm sorry to say, they should not be in this profession.

If fans can go gaga over an actor then they have every right to criticise him as well and the actor should take it positively after all it's us fans only who made him/her who he is now.

Doesnt matter better late than never..I too am late to reply...

yes fans have every right to criticise as they care for the betterment..

-DKS- IF-Sizzlerz
-DKS-
-DKS-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

absolutely DKS

we must show them the mirror

otherwise it will be like the emperor's new clothes story

you know that story right?

he was wearing no clothes and people did not have the guts to tell himSmile

ok go sign the petition for IPK and khushi: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3183750

Yes...we must show them there true image...
Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 7:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Didikisaut

Originally posted by sarunfan4ever

Bang on post buddyClap
Sach hamesha kadva hota hain but it doesnt mean bitter pills cant be swallowed.

Its democratic world and every one is free to express their views. It doesnt mean if u like something, even I should like it. In any field, or any profession or in real life too a person gets criticized. And in a filed like this where there is huge limelight no one can escape it. Even legendary actors  like Amitabh, Kamal Hassan are criticized in their career. If they had taken it too personal, would they have been what they are today? Criticism is something which should be taken in a positive way. No one is perfect in this world and there will room for improvement always. So if a teacher criticizes a merit student for failing in an exam and if student sulks who will be at loss? Even the master blaster Sachin Tendulkar had to face criticism to such an extent where he was advised to retire. But what happened next? Didnt he prove what he is? Every parent will be loyal to their kids. So if a kid robs or does some mischeif, what a responsible parent is supposed to do? Should he praise and bestow him with gifts for doing a commendable job?

I have been a silent reader in this forum from the first day of the show. I havent seen this uproar among fans in the forum eariler? Why only now? Doesnt it mean the present track is not at working with the viewers? So being loyal means we shouldnt have brain? We shouldnt think? We should praise even if something is going wrong? How can that be being loyal?

Wasnt this show supposed to be a love story of star crossed lovers? Weren't we promised for an intense redemption track for year long atrocities ? Werent we promised for grand wedding of the leads?  Did we get any?  So are the PH being loyal to the viewers?

Fans have been very very patient even during the misunderstanding track expecting redemption track, remarriage with contract being out? So what did we get for being loyal and being patient?

Show is not working because of multiple tracks which is creating lot of confusion. Leads and their tracks are totally being sidelined to accommodate some supporting actor's demands for screen space.Characterization of the characters is not the same anymore. There is no essence that was there one year back. There is no consistency,over night track changes, no logic, many things are forgotten, many bloopers, bad editing, even bad screenplay, direction not up to the mark. So why wont fans criticize? Why didnt the same fans criticize pre-misunderstanding track? What triggered fans to react like this now?

Instead of saying how fans should react, what should be seen and not, better try to focus on what your showing and do that whole heartedly without bending to some supporting actor's demands and losing the essence and the USP of the show.  Then see how will the same fans react.Smile

Yes truth is bitter and very difficul to swallow...democracy does give us the right to exercise our freedom of speech...criticism is a part of professional life..

No redemption and proper wooing and now no grand marriage it is the height of stupidity...the show has become a bro-sis show with too many parallel tracks running at the same time

The PH needs to revert back to the show tagline...it will make every one happy..

Agree DKS, unless the original essence is not brought back, fans cant be happy with the current didi crap

Edited by sarunfan4ever - 07 September 2012 at 11:23am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

StormChasergatheringstorm-DKS-

Go to top