Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Laagi Tujhse Lagan-The Title and the Theme (Page 4)

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:08am | IP Logged
Thanks Tahera, Sub_rosa, Sona for your POV...

@Aish... LOL

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandbajao

Priya, here is an attempt at an answer (random old memories)...
The title was changed from Naseeb to Laagi Tujhse Lagan at almost the 11th hour before finalizing it. I think "Naseeb" sounded a title with a more negative approach while the one opted for - Laagi Tujhse Lagan had a more positive feel to it. To delve slightly deeper. The key word is 'Lagan', which is perhaps the highest degree of affection/attachment/devotion -- a feeling that cannot come undone. It describes the forging of a bond that is forged subconsciously/unconsciously, in an unknown way. I guess attachment and devotion is sometimes a much bigger feeling than 'love' although the word 'love' is given much more importance. I guess that is what the title would have meant to say. Moreover, it was also 'unisex' in nature.. and could be applied to both protagonists because there was a certain degree of 'Lagan' that happened (Laagi) to both of them for each other, which also touched them in the way they desired to be treasured. I guess that if the title track of the show was played at least once, the significance behind 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' would have become clearer. Sadly, we did not ever hear the title track. 

(and on the sides, sorry for the mega delay in the reply. i was out of action here since the last three months due to work commitments! hope all is good otherwise, priya, bali and everyone else!)
Cheers! 

Hi BB...
Glad to see you here and thanks for responding to this topic... Big smile
I agree here that 'Naseeb' couldn't have been that pleasing and attractive to hear as 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' has been... Naseeb would have only referred to female lead character and hence looked upon by viewers as ONLY her story... whereas the male lead character would have been just looked upon as her saviour... Although Dutta had a strong back-story but it wouldn't have connected him to title... and it also represented the bond they shared...
@bold... it definitely explains the connection and relevance of the title...
Its very sad to know that there was a track for same which we could never get to hear...

And no need to say sorry BB... we understand your commitments and work pressure... however sometimes we do act kiddish with our queries... LOL

Edited by anirka - 04 October 2012 at 6:29am
.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anirka

Hi BB...
Glad to see you here and thanks for responding to this topic... Big smile
I agree here that 'Naseeb' couldn't have been that pleasing and attractive to hear as 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' has been... Naseeb would have only referred to female lead character and hence looked upon by viewers as ONLY her story... whereas the male lead character would have been just looked upon as her saviour... Although Dutta had a strong back-story but it wouldn't have connected him to title... and it also represented the bond they shared...
@bold... it definitely explains the connection and relevance of the title...
Its very sad to know that there was a track for same which we could never get to hear...

And no need to say sorry BB... we understand your commitments and work pressure... however sometimes we do act kiddish with our queries... LOL

There is a lil child in everyone ... the ppl who deny it are sad souls
Btw immature is a boring used to desribe Fun ppl

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anirka

Go to top