Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Laagi Tujhse Lagan-The Title and the Theme (Page 3)

sona89 Goldie
sona89
sona89

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Nice thread
can't think of anyother ...LTL we all fell in luv with ...its not easy to move out from it Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anirkaHamlet53

aishwish IF-Rockerz
aishwish
aishwish

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Hw abt gadha gadhi ka amar prem,,,,,,,,lol

hey baljit *hugz*
great discussion topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry nt being any help at the  moment, really busy
LOVE!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anirkatahera57stranger2rose

bandbajao Goldie
bandbajao
bandbajao

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Priya, here is an attempt at an answer (random old memories)...
The title was changed from Naseeb to Laagi Tujhse Lagan at almost the 11th hour before finalizing it. I think "Naseeb" sounded a title with a more negative approach while the one opted for - Laagi Tujhse Lagan had a more positive feel to it. To delve slightly deeper. The key word is 'Lagan', which is perhaps the highest degree of affection/attachment/devotion -- a feeling that cannot come undone. It describes the forging of a bond that is forged subconsciously/unconsciously, in an unknown way. I guess attachment and devotion is sometimes a much bigger feeling than 'love' although the word 'love' is given much more importance. I guess that is what the title would have meant to say. Moreover, it was also 'unisex' in nature.. and could be applied to both protagonists because there was a certain degree of 'Lagan' that happened (Laagi) to both of them for each other, which also touched them in the way they desired to be treasured. I guess that if the title track of the show was played at least once, the significance behind 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' would have become clearer. Sadly, we did not ever hear the title track. 

(and on the sides, sorry for the mega delay in the reply. i was out of action here since the last three months due to work commitments! hope all is good otherwise, priya, bali and everyone else!)
Cheers! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Narcissist-ovi-sub_rosaanirka.scorpio10-bharti-tahera57

Yuvika_15 Viewbie
Yuvika_15
Yuvika_15

Crazy Creatives Head

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
^^so they did hav a title track for the shw...damn man y didnt they eva shw it...i wud hav loved 2 hear the song
another thought i heard a shw on COLORS is returning with a sequel...any hpe for any such thing happening with LTL?

anirkatahera57

FASSBEN Senior Member
FASSBEN
FASSBEN

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged

THE TITLE LTL WENT WELL WITH THE STORY OF DUTTA AND NAKKU
I DON'T REALLY LIKE THE TITLE NASEEB LTL SOUND MUCH BETTER.

anirkatahera57

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandbajao

The title was changed from Naseeb to Laagi Tujhse Lagan at almost the 11th hour before finalizing it. I think "Naseeb" sounded a title with a more negative approach while the one opted for - Laagi Tujhse Lagan had a more positive feel to it. To delve slightly deeper. The key word is 'Lagan', which is perhaps the highest degree of affection/attachment/devotion -- a feeling that cannot come undone. It describes the forging of a bond that is forged subconsciously/unconsciously, in an unknown way. I guess attachment and devotion is sometimes a much bigger feeling than 'love' although the word 'love' is given much more importance. I guess that is what the title would have meant to say. Moreover, it was also 'unisex' in nature.. and could be applied to both protagonists because there was a certain degree of 'Lagan' that happened (Laagi) to both of them for each other, which also touched them in the way they desired to be treasured. I guess that if the title track of the show was played at least once, the significance behind 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' would have become clearer. Sadly, we did not ever hear the title track. 

(and on the sides, sorry for the mega delay in the reply. i was out of action here since the last three months due to work commitments! hope all is good otherwise, priya, bali and everyone else!)
Cheers! 

Hi BB 

Thanks for commenting ...I do agree Naseeb sounds a bit sad ...
LTL is a very musical and much better tittle 
Lagan meaning bond makes sense ...Lagan as love does not fit well  ...
Bond makes more sense as both characters needed to feel that bond  or be bonded with someone ...
There was a tittle track and we never heard it ...Damn that sad ...
Hope to hear more from u 

Nd there no need to say sorry ...
Bali ... Mil gaya tere ... actually humara jewab 

Edited by scorpio10 - 04 October 2012 at 5:15am

anirkatahera57

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 03 October 2012 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandbajao

Cheers! 

Thanks BB for your reply... Its wonderful to see you back here again... Big smile
Will be back later with my comments... Smile

.scorpio10tahera57

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 04 October 2012 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hamlet53

Hi,anrika,
Noticed,the topic,walked way ,but the pull was great so was drawn back to respond ..
To begin with I accept the suitability of the title with the theme of the story.. The title is written in a colloquial style, denoting it is no saga set in period  high aristocratic or literary  realms , but a glimpse into the lives of contemporary common folk., although not every first common person is a  don, but may be a maid? , LAAGI is possibly the dialect used for some connection or bond between people. THUJHSE, rings of an informality, between two people, exempt of the politeness of  tumse.
Now the main word that interests me is the term LAGAN , which to my understanding is two fold.One is wedlock,which the protagonist had one to many of. The act is repetitive in the story, at various  intervals to  juggle the plot and maintain interest.
The second message that LAGAN gives me  is a gravitation towards, a quest for, a  wanting, concealed at times and gradually revealed at times..
So I see, Dutta's lagan towards his  family. A lagan for his friend.An odd lagan for his profession, his power and status. A negative soul destroying lagan for wallowing in the past,  and an obsession with bouts of self harm.
However, the lagan that appeals to us most, is that of which he gradually senses towards  the servant girl, and with her help finally, experiences the lagan of wanting to change the old order of things in his life and starts life a new!
Thank you for a thought provoking  topic,and yes fantastic to see you again.xx regards hammie.

Thanks Hammie for giving your input on the topic...
The title really depicted a sort of attachment and bond of all characters with the leads somehow...

@bold... I am very busy at the moment so not able to make frequent and regular visits at the forum... Will soon join you all... Smile

Go to top