Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Laagi Tujhse Lagan-The Title and the Theme (Page 2)

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by scorpio10

Frankly if you ask ... I have no clue why did they Name show LTL ... 
Maybe BB can answer that ...BB, where r u ...My tummy needs you ...
But nevertheless I loved the tittle ...as better a K series one with a series of KKK in it 

But I think the name should be a Mein Roop ki rani ( Naku) , Tu choro ka Raja ( D)...
Describes it well according to me 
I still remeber , the a some point of the show ...everyone who saw Fair Naku ...went Gaga on her looks ...That makes Roop ki Rani ...A roop ki rani who fell for a Choro ka raja ...Dutta Bhau 

My Choice :- Mein Roop ki rani  , Tu choro ka Raja

Pri... Hug

I think I have read somewhere that the title was other... even before launch of show... There was a TB article... will have to dig it out...
Half one ie Roop ki Rani can go... but D was not choron ka raja... i think... LOL

You mentioned BB... Me missing BB... Ouch
She had formed a bond with forum members na... Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Banjaaran.

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
eh lo... tere se aur umeed kya kee ja sakti hai... LOL
Shirtless... LOL
Missing those screen moments... Embarrassed
Eagerly waiting for his BT...

And I am not laughing at your suggestions... LOL... U see... my emo is so straight faced... LOL
But these are good... I understand where you are pointing... Smile

Coming to another point you mentioned... I still feel that majority TV viewers are females... and the vast percantile of these viewers still prefer to watch a female based show which has rona dhona... saas-bahu and all that... (proof is high TRPs of such shows) This show also started as story of female lead's struggle and later the male lead's story was unwrapped... This show was much different to those high TRP raiser shows which concentrate on saas-bahu sagas... which still our audience prefers to watch... It indeed had a strong storyline as its base... and this show made its mark inspite of the tough competition from SB sagas... and no other show tried to experiment in such way...

Being started as a story of female lead and considering the high TRPs of such shows... I don't think that CVS and esp... channel... would promote a show as story of male lead...
Till date every show is promoted as story of dukhiyari female lead... and male lead is always in a manner or other enter as her knight in shining armour... or it could be promoted as a love story... which it indeed was... as you said in earlier point...

PS: I love the title... 'Shirtless Dutta'... or refining it 'Shirtless Mishal'... Blushing LOL

Originally posted by -Swasti-

Ahhh finally someone  came up with the topic: relation of the title with the theme.
Thanks baljeet! Thumbs Up

Well, if i was asked to select a title for the show LOL, i would have never selected "laagi tujhse lagaan" Big smile. The main theme of the show, in my understanding, was an unusual love story between two most unusual people on earth. A girl in a disguise and a don - actually its more than unusual. Both people went through enduring miseries in life and were well aware of the depth of life. Dutta had a hatred toward love and nakusha was just the opposite.  In spite of their differences, they started sharing the most beautiful and pure relation on earth; a relation every young girl/boy would dream of Embarrassed.

Now, my personal choice regarding the title:

(1) Considering only the love track and the unusual nature of their relation,  a title similar/close to "Anokha pyaar/bandhan/rishta" would have been much more justified, in my opinion. don't laugh LOL, i am not good at wordsBig smile.  I am just giving the criteria of the selectionSmile.

(2) Another criteria would be based on Dutta only. Don't think i am being partial. It is just the character that i never saw anywhere on TV. His struggling past: struggle for his family in an honest way, his first love, deception, transformation into dark path, rigidness toward accepting love again and finally his journey with nakusha. A title based on him only could be an alternative.

What i am trying to mean is the title "Laagi tujhse lagaan" was not enough to express the depth of the story or the uniqueness of the characters and the plot. The title was a bit common; nothing special or unique. Atleast i didn't find the title interesting the first time i heard about it. The story drew the attention of mine.

P.S.  How about "Shirtless dutta" as a title ???? Big smileLOLEmbarrassed
anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
@uwith and @Rosie... thanks for your comments...

Originally posted by Nakusha

even i feel the title was perfect .it was nakus undying luv which was unconditional for dutta .the title brought it very well

in one of the award function they were asking actors to translate the title to english MR answered its very simple it means i luv you Smile

@Nakusha... I never knew abt this interview of his...

Edited by anirka - 07 September 2012 at 12:44pm

tahera57

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anirka

Originally posted by scorpio10

Frankly if you ask ... I have no clue why did they Name show LTL ... 
Maybe BB can answer that ...BB, where r u ...My tummy needs you ...
But nevertheless I loved the tittle ...as better a K series one with a series of KKK in it 

But I think the name should be a Mein Roop ki rani ( Naku) , Tu choro ka Raja ( D)...
Describes it well according to me 
I still remeber , the a some point of the show ...everyone who saw Fair Naku ...went Gaga on her looks ...That makes Roop ki Rani ...A roop ki rani who fell for a Choro ka raja ...Dutta Bhau 

My Choice :- Mein Roop ki rani  , Tu choro ka Raja

Pri... Hug

I think I have read somewhere that the title was other... even before launch of show... There was a TB article... will have to dig it out...
Half one ie Roop ki Rani can go... but D was not choron ka raja... i think... LOL

You mentioned BB... Me missing BB... Ouch
She had formed a bond with forum members na... Smile

Heard BB ... we r missing ...
I am singing ...Oh bring back , Bring back ... BB to us ( that's a normal style )
Now to LTL style  ... Chal vapas aja ,... abhi ke abhi ...

Edited by scorpio10 - 08 September 2012 at 4:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anirkatahera57

tahera57 IF-Rockerz
tahera57
tahera57

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 4:04am | IP Logged
  For me  when i was drawn to the serial  was in the jungle or the cliff scene and whatever the title the story attraced me more than nakkusha's colour or the title, and that goes for all tv dramas serias.  maybe because titles can be misleading sometimes.   although what she went through for him b4 he completely became hers might not  have been deep enough feelings in the title.

anirka

Hamlet53 IF-Sizzlerz
Hamlet53
Hamlet53

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Hi,anrika,
Noticed,the topic,walked way ,but the pull was great so was drawn back to respond ..
To begin with I accept the suitability of the title with the theme of the story.. The title is written in a colloquial style, denoting it is no saga set in period  high aristocratic or literary  realms , but a glimpse into the lives of contemporary common folk., although not every first common person is a  don, but may be a maid? , LAAGI is possibly the dialect used for some connection or bond between people. THUJHSE, rings of an informality, between two people, exempt of the politeness of  tumse.
Now the main word that interests me is the term LAGAN , which to my understanding is two fold.One is wedlock,which the protagonist had one to many of. The act is repetitive in the story, at various  intervals to  juggle the plot and maintain interest.
The second message that LAGAN gives me  is a gravitation towards, a quest for, a  wanting, concealed at times and gradually revealed at times..
So I see, Dutta's lagan towards his  family. A lagan for his friend.An odd lagan for his profession, his power and status. A negative soul destroying lagan for wallowing in the past,  and an obsession with bouts of self harm.
However, the lagan that appeals to us most, is that of which he gradually senses towards  the servant girl, and with her help finally, experiences the lagan of wanting to change the old order of things in his life and starts life a new!
Thank you for a thought provoking  topic,and yes fantastic to see you again.xx regards hammie.

anirka

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Although LTL dwelled a lot on Dutta's emotional processes, he was shown from beginning to end, through Naku's eyes. The story was told from her POV. Her love for Dutta was transcending, a driving force that defined everything in her life. Her love was closer to devotion (which is partly what the word lagan means), and she surrendered herself completely to the pursuit of her beloved. It was this love that healed Dutta. It compelled him to banish his ego and all the other barriers against love that he had built within himself. IMO, Naku's undying love for Dutta was the dominating theme of LTL, and the title is completely justified.

Edited by sub_rosa - 08 September 2012 at 4:43am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Narcissistanirka

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
This was the TB article that was posted in Nov 2009... it refers to LTL and the show was earlier titled 'Naseeb' as per the article...

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/5803-playtime-creations-new-show-likely-on-colors.htm

@everyone... thanks for comments... will be back later with replies... Smile

Edited by anirka - 08 September 2012 at 5:03am

tahera57

Go to top