Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FASSBEN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

THE TITLE LTL WENT WELL WITH THE STORY OF DUTTA AND NAKKU
I DON'T REALLY LIKE THE TITLE NASEEB LTL SOUND MUCH BETTER.

.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bandbajao

Priya, here is an attempt at an answer (random old memories)...
The title was changed from Naseeb to Laagi Tujhse Lagan at almost the 11th hour before finalizing it. I think "Naseeb" sounded a title with a more negative approach while the one opted for - Laagi Tujhse Lagan had a more positive feel to it. To delve slightly deeper. The key word is 'Lagan', which is perhaps the highest degree of affection/attachment/devotion -- a feeling that cannot come undone. It describes the forging of a bond that is forged subconsciously/unconsciously, in an unknown way. I guess attachment and devotion is sometimes a much bigger feeling than 'love' although the word 'love' is given much more importance. I guess that is what the title would have meant to say. Moreover, it was also 'unisex' in nature.. and could be applied to both protagonists because there was a certain degree of 'Lagan' that happened (Laagi) to both of them for each other, which also touched them in the way they desired to be treasured. I guess that if the title track of the show was played at least once, the significance behind 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' would have become clearer. Sadly, we did not ever hear the title track. 

(and on the sides, sorry for the mega delay in the reply. i was out of action here since the last three months due to work commitments! hope all is good otherwise, priya, bali and everyone else!)
Cheers! 

Hi BB 

Thanks for commenting ...I do agree Naseeb sounds a bit sad ...
LTL is a very musical and much better tittle 
Lagan meaning bond makes sense ...Lagan as love does not fit well  ...
Bond makes more sense as both characters needed to feel that bond  or be bonded with someone ...
There was a tittle track and we never heard it ...Damn that sad ...
Hope to hear more from u 

Nd there no need to say sorry ...
Bali ... Mil gaya tere ... actually humara jewab 
Edited by scorpio10 - 11 years ago
anirka thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The title was changed from Naseeb to Laagi Tujhse Lagan at almost the 11th hour before finalizing it. I think "Naseeb" sounded a title with a more negative approach while the one opted for - Laagi Tujhse Lagan had a more positive feel to it. To delve slightly deeper. The key word is 'Lagan', which is perhaps the highest degree of affection/attachment/devotion -- a feeling that cannot come undone. It describes the forging of a bond that is forged subconsciously/unconsciously, in an unknown way. I guess attachment and devotion is sometimes a much bigger feeling than 'love' although the word 'love' is given much more importance. I guess that is what the title would have meant to say. Moreover, it was also 'unisex' in nature.. and could be applied to both protagonists because there was a certain degree of 'Lagan' that happened (Laagi) to both of them for each other, which also touched them in the way they desired to be treasured. I guess that if the title track of the show was played at least once, the significance behind 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' would have become clearer. Sadly, we did not ever hear the title track. 

(and on the sides, sorry for the mega delay in the reply. i was out of action here since the last three months due to work commitments! hope all is good otherwise, priya, bali and everyone else!)
Cheers! 

Thanks BB for your reply... Its wonderful to see you back here again... 😃
Will be back later with my comments... 😊

anirka thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hamlet53

Hi,anrika,
Noticed,the topic,walked way ,but the pull was great so was drawn back to respond ..
To begin with I accept the suitability of the title with the theme of the story.. The title is written in a colloquial style, denoting it is no saga set in period  high aristocratic or literary  realms , but a glimpse into the lives of contemporary common folk., although not every first common person is a  don, but may be a maid? , LAAGI is possibly the dialect used for some connection or bond between people. THUJHSE, rings of an informality, between two people, exempt of the politeness of  tumse.
Now the main word that interests me is the term LAGAN , which to my understanding is two fold.One is wedlock,which the protagonist had one to many of. The act is repetitive in the story, at various  intervals to  juggle the plot and maintain interest.
The second message that LAGAN gives me  is a gravitation towards, a quest for, a  wanting, concealed at times and gradually revealed at times..
So I see, Dutta's lagan towards his  family. A lagan for his friend.An odd lagan for his profession, his power and status. A negative soul destroying lagan for wallowing in the past,  and an obsession with bouts of self harm.
However, the lagan that appeals to us most, is that of which he gradually senses towards  the servant girl, and with her help finally, experiences the lagan of wanting to change the old order of things in his life and starts life a new!
Thank you for a thought provoking  topic,and yes fantastic to see you again.xx regards hammie.

Thanks Hammie for giving your input on the topic...
The title really depicted a sort of attachment and bond of all characters with the leads somehow...

@bold... I am very busy at the moment so not able to make frequent and regular visits at the forum... Will soon join you all... 😊

anirka thumbnail
Thanks Tahera, Sub_rosa, Sona for your POV...

@Aish... 😆

anirka thumbnail

Cheers! 

Hi BB...
Glad to see you here and thanks for responding to this topic... 😃
I agree here that 'Naseeb' couldn't have been that pleasing and attractive to hear as 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' has been... Naseeb would have only referred to female lead character and hence looked upon by viewers as ONLY her story... whereas the male lead character would have been just looked upon as her saviour... Although Dutta had a strong back-story but it wouldn't have connected him to title... and it also represented the bond they shared...
@bold... it definitely explains the connection and relevance of the title...
Its very sad to know that there was a track for same which we could never get to hear...

And no need to say sorry BB... we understand your commitments and work pressure... however sometimes we do act kiddish with our queries... 😆

Edited by anirka - 11 years ago
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anirka

Hi BB...
Glad to see you here and thanks for responding to this topic... 😃
I agree here that 'Naseeb' couldn't have been that pleasing and attractive to hear as 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' has been... Naseeb would have only referred to female lead character and hence looked upon by viewers as ONLY her story... whereas the male lead character would have been just looked upon as her saviour... Although Dutta had a strong back-story but it wouldn't have connected him to title... and it also represented the bond they shared...
@bold... it definitely explains the connection and relevance of the title...
Its very sad to know that there was a track for same which we could never get to hear...

And no need to say sorry BB... we understand your commitments and work pressure... however sometimes we do act kiddish with our queries... 😆

There is a lil child in everyone ... the ppl who deny it are sad souls
Btw immature is a boring used to desribe Fun ppl