Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Laagi Tujhse Lagan-The Title and the Theme

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Hello lovely people out there...
Hope you all are doing fine...

Today I am opening a discussion topic on the title of the show... i.e. Laagi Tujhse Lagan and its relation to its theme...
The show was promoted as story of the unwanted girl Nakusha... and the theme very well went with the title... how a maid... gave her heart to a Don who saved her from Inspector Morey... She fell for her saviour to the extent that she became his saviour from day one of their meet to the rest of her life... She wanted to live in pain for her whole life to only see her 'Saab' happily married with other women... She wanted to save him from any further pain that pushed him to darkness... She happily accepted any atrocities of her saviour which she never deserved... Later she became his soul and support to fight against his own evil sister...

She was devoted to him from the day she met him...

So lets discuss the title of the show and relation to theme...

PS: Don't know what I have written... Wacko
do read and give some comments...

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

shyla74FASSBENuwithsona89-Swasti-.Indu.NakushaAni_La_Iamivy_11.scorpio10-bharti-tahera57Banjaaran..iridescence.Hamlet53tamanna1391

tahera57 IF-Rockerz
tahera57
tahera57

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged
nice  anirka glad  u came up with a new topic to discuss will be back.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anirkaAni_La_IamBanjaaran..iridescence.

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:55am | IP Logged
Frankly if you ask ... I have no clue why did they Name show LTL ... 
Maybe BB can answer that ...BB, where r u ...My tummy needs you ...
But nevertheless I loved the tittle ...as better a K series one with a series of KKK in it 

But I think the name should be a Mein Roop ki rani ( Naku) , Tu choro ka Raja ( D)...
Describes it well according to me 
I still remeber , the a some point of the show ...everyone who saw Fair Naku ...went Gaga on her looks ...That makes Roop ki Rani ...A roop ki rani who fell for a Choro ka raja ...Dutta Bhau 

My Choice :- Mein Roop ki rani  , Tu choro ka Raja

Edited by scorpio10 - 06 September 2012 at 4:40pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nik_itaanirka-bharti-.iridescence.tahera57Banjaaran.

-Swasti- IF-Dazzler
-Swasti-
-Swasti-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Ahhh finally someone  came up with the topic: relation of the title with the theme.
Thanks baljeet! Thumbs Up

Well, if i was asked to select a title for the show LOL, i would have never selected "laagi tujhse lagaan" Big smile. The main theme of the show, in my understanding, was an unusual love story between two most unusual people on earth. A girl in a disguise and a don - actually its more than unusual. Both people went through enduring miseries in life and were well aware of the depth of life. Dutta had a hatred toward love and nakusha was just the opposite.  In spite of their differences, they started sharing the most beautiful and pure relation on earth; a relation every young girl/boy would dream of Embarrassed.

Now, my personal choice regarding the title:

(1) Considering only the love track and the unusual nature of their relation,  a title similar/close to "Anokha pyaar/bandhan/rishta" would have been much more justified, in my opinion. don't laugh LOL, i am not good at wordsBig smile.  I am just giving the criteria of the selectionSmile.

(2) Another criteria would be based on Dutta only. Don't think i am being partial. It is just the character that i never saw anywhere on TV. His struggling past: struggle for his family in an honest way, his first love, deception, transformation into dark path, rigidness toward accepting love again and finally his journey with nakusha. A title based on him only could be an alternative.

What i am trying to mean is the title "Laagi tujhse lagaan" was not enough to express the depth of the story or the uniqueness of the characters and the plot. The title was a bit common; nothing special or unique. Atleast i didn't find the title interesting the first time i heard about it. The story drew the attention of mine.

P.S.  How about "Shirtless dutta" as a title ???? Big smileLOLEmbarrassed

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

nik_itasona89uwithAni_La_IamanirkaNakusha-bharti-tahera57Banjaaran..iridescence.Hamlet53

uwith Goldie
uwith
uwith

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged
it was a perfect title Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

nik_itaanirkaNakusha-bharti-.iridescence.tahera57Banjaaran.

Nakusha IF-Dazzler
Nakusha
Nakusha

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged

even i feel the title was perfect .it was nakus undying luv which was unconditional for dutta .the title brought it very well

in one of the award function they were asking actors to translate the title to english MR answered its very simple it means i luv you Smile

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Narcissistpm2rosesona89nik_itaanirka-bharti-.iridescence.tahera57Banjaaran.

stranger2rose IF-Sizzlerz
stranger2rose
stranger2rose

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
i really like the title coz essentially it was a very different love story which is still so fresh in our hearts and as everybody knows that laagi tujhse lagan means i love you so in my opinion the title was PERFECT Thumbs Up

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

nik_itasona89anirka--SONEE---bharti-Banjaaran.tahera57Hamlet53

anirka IF-Dazzler
anirka
anirka

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tahera57

nice  anirka glad  u came up with a new topic to discuss will be back.

Will wait for your comments... Smile

Go to top