Imran Abbas Out Of His Debut Bollywood Movie...

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Written by Rupam Verma 

The latest sad news is that Pakistani model-turned-actor Imran Abbas, who was set to play Prithviraj's role opposite Akshay, is no longer part of the project. Although the makers refused to comment on the issue, insiders say that Imran lost out on his debut Hindi film as he violated the terms of his contract.

Apparently, producer Ashwin Varde had signed Imran on an exclusive contract with his company. The deal prohibited the newbie from getting involved with any other film. "But Imran unknowingly auditioned for another project starring one of the big Khans. That irked the makers, who have been sponsoring Imran's training, accommodation and other expenses all this while. That is why, citing breach of contract, Imran was dropped from the film," says an industry source. After the debacle, the actor immediately departed for Pakistan.

Despite repeated attempts, Imran remained unavailable for a comment. But a friend of the actor, on condition of anonymity, calls the move "unfair and unfortunate".

He says: "Imran didn't sign up for any film. If he had, the makers would have had all the right to fire him But he only auditioned. I don't understand how any contract can stop you from auditioning for random films." Currently, Ayushmann Khurrana and Arjun Kapoor are being considered for the role. "They need a replacement soon as Akshay will start shooting immediately after returning from Muscat and Oman (where he is shooting for Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai 2)," says the insider. The film is expected to release later next year.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
LOLL..Imran Abbas is a weirdo. I thought he was actually getting decent dramas in Pakistan, but left it all completely for bollywood. And he has been dropped from the project already. ðŸ˜†

by the way..did anyone else notice how Imran Abbas got a nose job? I've been noticing his nose as of late and it looks different..loll
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I read somewhere that he said something ugly about Indian actress in some morning show and I was LOLing when i read about his BW debut.. i never liked him from the beginning he has acted decently in some serials and in some serials he was plain average.. his off screen personality is a big put off Edited by Usman. - 11 years ago
MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
ewww looks like he has boobs in that picture.. ewww such a bad bad picture..

and Thank God.. now Akshay's film can finally work..
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

I read somewhere that he said something ugly about Indian actress in some morning show and was LOLing when i read about his BW debut.. i never liked him from the beginning he has acted decently in some serials and in some serials he was plain average.. his off screen personality is a big put off

yeah, he came on the Shareef Show with Hadiqa and passed such comments. That was pretty unprofessional & rude from his side..and then hypocritical of him to search for work in bollywood. His offscreen personality does throw you off..I've seen him in many interviews, and he seems quite standoffish...I certainly do not think he's that great of an actor..he's really mediocre. I only liked him in Mera Naseeb & Malal. 
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

yeah, he came on the Shareef Show with Hadiqa and passed such comments. That was pretty unprofessional & rude from his side..and then hypocritical of him to search for work in bollywood. His offscreen personality does throw you off..I've seen him in many interviews, and he seems quite standoffish...I certainly do not think he's that great of an actor..he's really mediocre. I only liked him in Mera Naseeb & Malal. 

I actually find him quite snobbish in some of his interviews..
as for his BW experience.. i guess he deserved this if he had actually said that..
me too liked his acting in Malal & Mera Naseeb.. and i think he was highly over rated in Khuda aur mohabbat
starstruckk thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

I actually find him quite snobbish in some of his interviews..
as for his BW experience.. i guess he deserved this if he had actually said that..
me too liked his acting in Malal & Mera Naseeb.. and i think he was highly over rated in Khuda aur mohabbat

what wasn't overrated about Khuda aur Mohabbat? ðŸ˜† That drama was the most overrated drama in recent times. I didn't even understand anything..how the hell did Imran's character fall in love with that girl? the girl hardly ever talked to him...😆..plus, the girl was so bad..I thought she had asthma everytime she tried delivering a dialogue. 

it started out good..the first 2 episodes..😆..but it just dragged like anything afterwards. I can't believe that novel was a best seller...Not a single dialogue was impressive...I thought the script was very poor..
Usman. thumbnail

Originally posted by: starstruckk

what wasn't overrated about Khuda aur Mohabbat? ðŸ˜† That drama was the most overrated drama in recent times. I didn't even understand anything..how the hell did Imran's character fall in love with that girl? the girl hardly ever talked to him...😆..plus, the girl was so bad..I thought she had asthma everytime she tried delivering a dialogue. 

it started out good..the first 2 episodes..😆..but it just dragged like anything afterwards. I can't believe that novel was a best seller...Not a single dialogue was impressive...I thought the script was very poor..

I had to 'like' this post.. finally i found some one who could agree with my view on KAM ðŸ˜†
Usman. thumbnail
Imran's response on the news

Right after we broke the news about Imran Abbas being kicked out of hisBollywood dream project, the actor took out time time to deal with the matter.

He updated his fans on his twitter that he has withdrawn from the project, citingdate issues. The actor and the producers are definitely not on the same page, as the producers claim to have kicked him out of the movie, due to the reasons tated in the previous actor.

We also find it hard to believe Imran, because he hasn't stopped shouting about it from the roof tops. The actor was already working on his physique to look the part.

We'll get you more updates on the matter as it becomes available. Currently, Imran is in Pakistan and has no projects to talk about.

source Tvkahani.com

Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Aur ghusso! But to be frank he was up himself quite a bit with his lip, so got the due treatment.