Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

ANALYSIS:PANDORA'S BOX

ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

PANDORA'S BOX

we are all familiar with the story of pandora's box of miseries.

Before the story begins, let me say that some people take umbrage at the title "Pandora's Box" and insist it should be "Pandora's Jar". They may have reason -- based on what Hesiod wrote, but myths change with the re-telling and people are accustomed to "Pandora's Box," so I shall use the term, in this, my re-telling of the myth of Pandora and her box.

The background to the story of Pandora's Box is the Titan

Prometheus's passive-aggression towards the king of the gods, Zeus. Having gotten away with or having paid the price for one misdeed, Prometheus kept going back for more. Zeus was very creative in the way he meted out punishments. Pandora was one example.

The Gift of Pandora

Prometheus was mankind's benefactor. The king of the gods wasn't crazy about us and didn't want us to have, among other things, fire. Prometheus, on the other hand, wanted good things for us, so stealthily, he brought us the gift of fire. In return, Zeus presented man with a "gift," Pandora, the first woman. While Prometheus may have crafted man, woman was a different sort of creature.

She came from the forge of Hephaestus, beautiful as a goddess and beguiling, thanks to traits bestowed by Athena and Zeus. Zeus presented her as a bride to Prometheus' brother Epimetheus. Prometheus had the gift of thinking ahead, but Epimetheus was only capable of afterthought, so Prometheus, expecting retribution for his audacity, had warned his brother against accepting gifts from Zeus. [Note: this is not the origin of the expression Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.]

Zeus gave the gods-crafted Pandora as bride to Epimetheus, along with a box with a warning label telling the couple never to open it. Epimetheus was dazzled by his bride, Pandora.

Pandora Opens the Box

Epimetheus insisted that his wife obey the letter of the label. Unfortunately, one day Pandora's husband left her side for a few hours. Pandora was gifted with curiosity as much as the other attributes given her by the gods. For her the box was a gift, not something to be kept in trust. What business had Zeus to tell her not to open it? Perhaps she'd listened to her brother-in-law's tales of tricking the king of the gods. Perhaps she saw nothing to fear. Maybe if she just took a quick peak... Looking around to make sure no one was watching, she opened the box Zeus had given them just a crack. As Pandora did so, ghostly forms gushed forth from the crack. Pandora had unleashed all the evils now known to man. No longer could man loll about all day, but he would have to work and would succumb to illnesses.

pandora was horrified...what had she done? she closed the lid immediately and sat firmly on it

At the very bottom of the container was the last thing wanting to come out. after a lot of pleading from it pandora let it free It was something that wasn't evil. We call the good that Pandora unleashed by the name of HOPE

to this day when things go wrong we only have hope to see us through but even then we say THAT HOPE DECEIVES US...

****************************************************************************************

now we see that this was a war between zeus and prometheus...in here i suspect it has something to do between 2 families...garima's and maliks.zeus here i expect is dadi...whom we see in the latest spoiler pics as consorting with garima...who seems pretty evil back then.maybe the sisters were close to arnav's dad knew him since childhgood as friends or some thing. dadi, yes dadi may have wanted garima ...to marry the chacha...bring a bahu who would be close to both her sons and  which would stop the rift between her 2 sons...arnav's dad and his evil chacha prometheus and epimethius . maybe arnav's dad did not like garima to marry his bro...knowing his devilry. garima may have done something..on dadi's instructins trying to incite love in the chacha... which may have actually been detrimental...like pandora did by opening the box unknowingly and letting out all evils. i think khushi's mom came to know and wanted to calm her friend arnav's dad, trying to calm him down when he found out everything and was furious with garima for meddling and with his mom dadi too(remember how anjali says arnav is a piece of her dad? i imagine it would take someone like khushi to calm him down...in this case her mom. arnav's mom may have seen the baby khushi about a year old andseen arnav's dad fondling it...may have seen them hugging...she may not have met khushi's mom if she had moved away after marriage and had not known that the friendship was platonic,(imagine areaction like arnav's on seeing the terrace scene) and bang! sucide!

like pandora did...being the cause of the trouble...she sat on the box to never let anything else out...garima too held on to her secrets...settling down with a man below her standard a halwai...living incognito.

we know that khushi's parents died in a car crash...maybe around 7 years later when artnav was 22 or so and khushi eight-nine he destroyed the aurat who he held responsible...khushi's mom dying may have known that arnav thought like his ma and that khushi was in danger as arnav hated her thinking that she was the by-product of an illegitimate relationship of his dad with her. she may have handed her to garima for safekeeping...
so HOPE remained in the box
years later as fate intervenes hope rattles the box waiting to get out...knowing that khushi loves the man who hates her without knowing its her whom he hates, she relents for the rishtaa...remorseful of her youths mistake which led to such disaster.

and still we think hope deceives us...so will arnav so will dadi.

ithats my take on the story

...but i think the story will have a happy ending...i'll explain the next post why...watch the space if u like my analysis let me know if u do😛

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sun_shine_girl thumbnail

Loads of assumptions but I like your theory.

The Pandora's box in IPKKND has definitely been opened, now we can only hope for a happy ending after all the mayhem.

fffan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The Pandora's box in IPKKND has definitely been opened, now we can only hope for a happy ending after all the mayhem.
--Fairy-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved your Analysis 
tvpal007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Why does Greek Mythology have to be so complicated??😆