India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Losing a child - CVs portrayal of mother

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged
I am a mother. I ve been married for almost 9 yrs now during which time the relationship has experienced many highs & lows. I had wanted so much the joy of motherhood that for the few yrs that i was trying to conceive & it was not working out i was an emotional wreck. I ve gone thru the tears of failure & also finally the tears of joy & disbelief when the doc informed me that i was pregnant. I remember how i shivered when i 1st touched my baby, her delicate toes & her tiny nose. I ve cringed when she cried, closed my eyes in pain when the doctors gave her injections, rushed to her side when she fell down while trying to walk, rocked her to sleep when she was not well, hugged her to my bosom when she was unable to sleep. I can go on & on!

I ve know friends/cousins who ve had miscarriages. I ve seen them cry, break down completely. The physical & emotional pain that they experienced.

Based on my personal experience & that of my dear ones all i can say is that i am severely disappointed by the CV's portrayal of Anjali for the following reasons:

1. For a mother the 1st priority is ALWAYS i repeat ALWAYS her child. I am a working woman with a child of my own but even now i am still my parents' darling daughter. They always put my happiness & life before theirs & that's how most of the Indian parents are. Here v ve a polio inflicted woman who despite becoming pregnant aft so many years prances around for her hubby ignoring the well being of her baby.
2. When she woke up in the hospital not once did she touch her tummy. That's the 1st reflex action any pregnant woman does after suffering a fall.
3. During the fall i dint see her trying to cushion her stomach from the impact, again a reflex action of a pregnant woman.
4. During the entire pregnancy i ve never seen her caressing her tummy, speaking to her child, reading books bt pregnancy/babies. Something which any educated woman would do.
5. I never saw even 1 scene where she worries bt the well being of her unborn child. It was always only about her hubby's well being.
6. Worst was that scene where she tried to kill the baby claiming no one ll love a father less child. What bt herself & ASR. Were they not loved by Nani, Mama & Mami? Even if v claim that it was momentary act of insanity she was never shown to flashback on that scene & feel ashamed or guilty over her actions. It was as if it is not a big deal at all.
7. Its barely few hrs since she lost her child & that too in the process of saving Mr Loser's ass. In such cases any bloody woman w'd blame herself for risking the kid to search for that creep. Again not once was she shown as regretting her actions. Any mother would only blame herself & cry buckets.
8. And the last straw is instead of mourning the baby's death, she is plotting to bring her hubby back. She tells him I ll refuse to eat my food & tablets. Basically emotional blackmail. In that case she knows that ASR & rest of her family ll go to any lengths for her happiness & well being. So she knows they all including the Prakash brothers love & care for her. And she wants to blackmail such loving ppl? Wonderful. More wonderful woman i am yet to see.

I know that i am getting emotional unnecessarily. It's just fiction, a serial for god sake. And i am sure in many of the Ekta shows there must b more treacherous women hags who plot evil stuff.

But my concern here as a viewer is that in those shows frm the beginning those women r shown as evil & scheming. But here Anjali was initially shown as a saccharine sweet, innocent woman who was supposed to love everyone around her. But look at the way they r portraying her now!

Is this really a woman who has just lost her baby. Makes me wonder! If she was always supposed 2 be a selfish, hollow female why mislead the viewers.

I am seriously disturbed by what the CVs r showing on this show.

And plz my intention is not 2 bash Anjali or DB mindlessly. I just wanted to know what other mothers on this forum think bt this!

Edited by Angels11 - 06 September 2012 at 3:55am

The following 60 member(s) liked the above post:

armegsusiejmbooksxonlybarunxhm2630sg-honeytya.ziemeeyaaIp-AK4everMicha1005sanah_73rgattusunshinegal1224payel3004craziefanSu_SomerholicipkfrncArchu61BellaKSarina2012ironwitchSaraJLc3ciliaMaverick29mandu1mangaloreQueenAnnie18inajnarinnocentgreenJuicee_Sushieshaffa..Swapnali..mitrabhuyan-Rimsha-sizzlesKranishish15YummymummyViSaRunSiri22Preets19..mrinalini..farheen75sanja_heresaomomserialwatcher16abracadabrashena07rini_katChitraFsbk2incandescentMrDarcyfanSultan_Of_SwingSunoNa...OnepoundChicOmNaMaSteOmmomma1128naddiya26..SankiMedhz..pieryrose

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:55am | IP Logged
I request all those who had the patience to read this post to also share their thoughts!
SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:01am | IP Logged
I have been very disappointed in Anjali's characterization, not that i ever expected her to use her brain, its just that the last i expected out of her were the tug towards her un born baby, and her respect on Arnav who seems to have sacrificed his life for her. 

For the heck of my life i cannot understand how a mother in her preg state gets pricked by few glass peices and instead of looking at her safety coz her safety is her womb's safety , she doesnt even care to move the carpet rather walks on it again, im sorry i wasnt sympathetic towards her here. 
She could hv ringed up shyam and asked him to move on, no she rather chooses to walk while glass pieces are stuck to her feet . 

I do not see any motherly instinct at all from her, she looses her baby and rather mourning for the babies loss, she plays tricks to get her scumbag of a hubby home by blackmailing everybody?? 

She doesnt have an ounce of guilt in her to use her brother money or rather let her hubby use his money. No self respect ehh??

Why cant she ever say to her lordy hubby lets move out of RM , why why why why should she stay at RM ?? 

She should either believe Shyam or Kushi, how can she believe both to be right ?? 

Is she believes shyam to be innocent then how could she tolerate all the words hurled against her hubby by her bro?? Why nt fight to clear her hubby name?? 

But na how can she go against chote, the money lending machine, the care taker. 

Im so done with this useless character, she just grates my nerves and lastly why does she look she is gonna die any moment. Something majorly wrong in the acting department as well. 

Edit: Nice post. Thumbs Up

Edited by -sylph- - 06 September 2012 at 4:01am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

inajnarAngels11rini_kat..SankiMedhz..OnepoundChicmomma1128

meshas Goldie
meshas
meshas

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:16am | IP Logged
even I'am a mother of a 17 year old and have also gone thru a misscarriage and believe me I know how it feels, but certainly not how they have pertrayed Anjali.

I agree with you.

for a mother Inadian or any other nationality, 1st concern is allways for her child.

I have lost all respect for the PH/Channel after friday's epi, I fail to understand this cruelty being shown in the name of entertainment on a national TV at prime time?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

QueenAnnie18inajnarAngels11nycdesiqtrini_kat

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sylph-

I have been very disappointed in Anjali's characterization, not that i ever expected her to use her brain, its just that the last i expected out of her were the tug towards her un born baby, and her respect on Arnav who seems to have sacrificed his life for her. 

For the heck of my life i cannot understand how a mother in her preg state gets pricked by few glass peices and instead of looking at her safety coz her safety is her womb's safety , she doesnt even care to move the carpet rather walks on it again, im sorry i wasnt sympathetic towards her here. 
She could hv ringed up shyam and asked him to move on, no she rather chooses to walk while glass pieces are stuck to her feet . 

I do not see any motherly instinct at all from her, she looses her baby and rather mourning for the babies loss, she plays tricks to get her scumbag of a hubby home by blackmailing everybody?? 

She doesnt have an ounce of guilt in her to use her brother money or rather let her hubby use his money. No self respect ehh??

Why cant she ever say to her lordy hubby lets move out of RM , why why why why should she stay at RM ?? 

She should either believe Shyam or Kushi, how can she believe both to be right ?? 

Is she believes shyam to be innocent then how could she tolerate all the words hurled against her hubby by her bro?? Why nt fight to clear her hubby name?? 

But na how can she go against chote, the money lending machine, the care taker. 

Im so done with this useless character, she just grates my nerves and lastly why does she look she is gonna die any moment. Something majorly wrong in the acting department as well. 

Edit: Nice post. Thumbs Up

That was my 1st thought when i watched that scene. Why dint she try to shift the mat or at least peer at it to find the glass pieces. How is she taking all this risk with the baby to save her hubby's ass. Lets assume for a min that the Raizadas do find shyam in RM. Then what? Worst case ASR ll shout, slap him again, drag him by the collar & shove him out. BIG DEAL! Hardly a life threatening scenario right?

I can understand if a wife is trying to save a terrorist hubby from police in which case his life is in danger & she takes risks to save him. Even Kushi took huge risks to save ASR. But here its not a matter of life or death. Which brings us to the whole argument.

Anjali is not even saving Shyam's ass but her own ass. Its not a life threatening situation. But wat if her brother kicks her also out for helping her loser hubby. So basically more than her unborn baby or her so called pati parameshwar she is only worried bt her worldly comforts, roti (in this case 7 course meals 24/7 in RM), kapda (in this case see thru designer sarees), makan (the opulent RM where every room magically has a pool side since its located in Bermuda triangle).

Any woman who claims 2 love her hubby but refuses to accompany him & walk out of her mayke never truly loved her hubby!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkfrnc1mangaloreQueenAnnie18Siri22Yummymummyrini_katOnepoundChicSunoNa...OmNaMaSteOm

shish15 IF-Dazzler
shish15
shish15

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Among all the tracks...this miscarriage one was the only track that had me very disappointed with the CVs...

I cannot even relate to the charcter like Anjali...after the way they have portrayed this miscarriage...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkfrncinajnarinnocentgreen1mangaloreKraniSiri22Angels11rini_kat

Angels11 IF-Dazzler
Angels11
Angels11

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meshas

even I'am a mother of a 17 year old and have also gone thru a misscarriage and believe me I know how it feels, but certainly not how they have pertrayed Anjali.

I agree with you.

for a mother Inadian or any other nationality, 1st concern is allways for her child.

I have lost all respect for the PH/Channel after friday's epi, I fail to understand this cruelty being shown in the name of entertainment on a national TV at prime time?

Exactly dear. I ve seen my friends cry for days & rant bt the stuff that they had planned to do for the kid.I ve even seen them mumble baby names. One of my cousin actually used to tear up every time she pulls out a rumpled paper frm her purse. Later on i found out that it was actually the list of names that she & her hubby along with her sister had made for the baby. It had actually had 2 columns. 1 with boy names & 1 with girl names. It brought a lump to my throat.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

inajnarKrani

SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angels11

That was my 1st thought when i watched that scene. Why dint she try to shift the mat or at least peer at it to find the glass pieces. How is she taking all this risk with the baby to save her hubby's ass. Lets assume for a min that the Raizadas do find shyam in RM. Then what? Worst case ASR ll shout, slap him again, drag him by the collar & shove him out. BIG DEAL! Hardly a life threatening scenario right?

I can understand if a wife is trying to save a terrorist hubby from police in which case his life is in danger & she takes risks to save him. Even Kushi took huge risks to save ASR. But here its not a matter of life or death. Which brings us to the whole argument.

Anjali is not even saving Shyam's ass but her own ass. Its not a life threatening situation. But wat if her brother kicks her also out for helping her loser hubby. So basically more than her unborn baby or her so called pati parameshwar she is only worried bt her worldly comforts, roti (in this case 7 course meals 24/7 in RM), kapda (in this case see thru designer sarees), makan (the opulent RM where every room magically has a pool side since its located in Bermuda triangle).

Any woman who claims 2 love her hubby but refuses to accompany him & walk out of her mayke never truly loved her hubby!
I have been saying this from sometime, Anjali needs psychiatric help, its like she is hypnotic towards shyam and the rest doesnt exist in her world, neither does her baby. She even wanted to kill her baby sometimes back. 

Its all about herself, me , myself, my happiness, my pain, my joy, my fav toy and Shyam seems to be her fav toy. Dare you snatch it from her.  
How difficult is it to walk away from RM had she loved and respected her hubby so much, isnt she herself dis respecting him by asking him to come meet her chupke chupke.. 

Either Arnav has to remind her about her baby or shyam, until then i have never seen her spare a minute of thought on the baby by herself. 

I hv watched many such miscarriages/abortions in tv world, but all the women have made me feel so so sorry for them, and their plight for their baby makes anyone move , but here i was left saying the Kid was lucky. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

inajnarYummymummy

Go to top