MoccoLatte IF-Rockerz
MoccoLatte
MoccoLatte

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:59am | IP Logged

I'm a bathroom actor: Varun Dhawan

Meena Iyer, TNN | Sep 6, 2012, 12.00AM IST
I'm a bathroom actor: Varun Dhawan
Varun Dhawan
Varun Dhawan, 25, is impish and intelligent in equal measure. He stands at 5 feet 9 inches tall but has thoughts that can match the tallest man in Bollywood. 

That he is the second son of the pasha of kitsch David Dhawan is known. He was raised on the Hero No 1 and Biwi No 1 brand of cinema. He smiles and candidly admits, "As a young boy, I would sometimes voice frankly, my opinion of my father's brand of cinema. However, I realised that he was indeed my 'baap'. The films I had an opinion on went on to become blockbusters and I realised that my father definitely knew more than me.''
However, he hasn't just been swayed by Bollywood's commercial charms. And today Varun can differentiate between the various genres currently delighting Indian cinema. He says, "There is place for all kinds of films to be consumed. If the Golmaal series works, so do the Gangs of Wasseypur sequels. I wake up one day wanting to be like Nawazuddin Siddiqui but on another day, I'm perfectly okay taking lessons from the Khans — Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir. After all, each of the actors mentioned is super-successful.''
Varun is happy that he has Karan Johar nurturing and protecting him till his first film Student Of the Year (SOTY) releases. "After that, I will be left to my own devices,'' he says, adding, "I do not think the audience is patient with a newcomer. Every actor, big or small, is competing with the other. Once SOTY releases, I will be out there competing with the rest. That's how the system works.''
This youngster who dances like a dream confesses that he is a huge Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) fan and he rattles off foreign box office collections of this Hollywood star like a parrot. Varun is unwavering in his quest for stardom and confesses that when he was in college overseas, the one thing that he constantly did was to practise acting in his bathroom. "Many people who are on reality shows today talk of being bathroom singers. Well I'm a bathroom actor,'' he winks, his eyes twinkling with mischief. 
Produced by Dharma Productions, Student of the year releases on October 19.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

heerhoneybambogliAngel-likeDevillostmymusic.

MoccoLatte IF-Rockerz
MoccoLatte
MoccoLatte

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged

A dream debut for Sidharth Malhotra

Meena Iyer, TNN | Sep 5, 2012, 12.00AM IST
A dream debut for Sidharth Malhotra
Sidharth Malhotra More Pics
New kid on the block Sidharth Malhotra, Sid to friends, is 27 (looks around 24), handsome, and has an intense quality that sets him apart from others his age. Compliment him for his looks and he jokes, "Yeah, the camera doesn't do me justice, haan?"
The Delhi model, who's making his debut in Karan Johar's Student of the Year (SOTY), admits that the journey from the capital to Karan's office has been a whirlwind one. "One day, I was assisting Karan on My Name is Khan, and now I'm the leading man of SOTY. I have to pinch myself to believe this is for real,'' he smiles. 
The boy, who did a stint in modelling in Delhi, says his Bollywood trek has just begun. But he can already feel people's changing attitude and quizzical looks. "Relatives who haven't bothered about me for years have now started discovering me,'' he laughs. "I'm enjoying every bit of the attention, though.''
Any nervousness while he waits for the release of his first film? "Yes and no,'' he replies. "Sometimes, I'm a bit nervous. But at most times, I'm confident. I have landed a dream debut. Karan, according to me, has the safest pair of hands in the film business." Sid actually wants to emulate SRK, who is also a Delhi boy, who rules the roost today. But he knows his own personal journey has only just begun. 
What is he like in real life? The intense sort? Or a happy-go-lucky-guy? "Well, I must admit that I'm a little quiet. I need to understand what I'm doing before I actually venture into it. Karan always teased me saying, 'Sid, you ask too many questions.' But I certainly am not the brooding type. I take a little time to open up. Karan has tweaked my film character around the way I am in real life."
He has no friends in Mumbai, but finds the city to be more professional and fast. He loves Delhi, though, and admits it can be a bit trying because people in Delhi do judge you for the clothes you wear and the car you drive. "Dad was in the Merchant Navy, so I have travelled extensively. But my heart beats for Delhi because that's where I grew up," says Sid, adding, "Right now, my world in Mumbai revolves around Dharma Productions, but hopefully I will meet more people as I go along."
Student Of The Year, produced by Dharma Productions, releases October 19.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SudhaSangeetabby_girl30heerhoneybambogli

SudhaSangeet IF-Dazzler
SudhaSangeet
SudhaSangeet

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Hey bhagwan dono ladke shirtless...LOL
signifies title LOL

Sid Day Dreaming

TFSSmile

Edited by sudha100 - 06 September 2012 at 2:02am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

heerhoneyabby_girl30Shayu.bambogliHotMessAngel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:10am | IP Logged

so handsome Blushing  ..sometimes I feel i should watch the silly movie only to see them. Confused 

Hope the two are successful and act in good movies Big smile

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 06 September 2012 at 2:12am
New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged

Looks like varun's pic is taken during his bathroom acting .LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

heerhoneyShayu.fire_gun

-IshqKaRang- Senior Member
-IshqKaRang-
-IshqKaRang-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Oh varun Day Dreaming he is so hot and cuteSilly
-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged

Oh God, was it a threesome with kjo? GROSS LOL They sure have lots to thank karan for.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

Shayu. IF-Rockerz
Shayu.
Shayu.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:50am | IP Logged
bathroom actor in a bathroom dressTongueLOL

Go to top