Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Significance of mangalsutra n sindoor. (Page 4)

SwastikAshNi IF-Sizzlerz
SwastikAshNi
SwastikAshNi

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Significance to hai!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21jayanti_dj

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rajanigandha26

My experience is Husbands are more particular about their wives wearing mangalsutra and sindoor. They dont like wearing small mangalsutra or smaller bindi than usuall waht we wear. As Ashu said Maine pehanaya wali bat hoti hai. Rights on wife and wife accepting those rights.

I echo u Rajnigandhaji... ur explanation bang on!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shobha21

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mudraswathi

Shayad normally no body notices even if the wife dresses up as an item girl... But in difficult times, probably, one will search for even a haystick... to take help..

Very well said Mudraji ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap agreed infinite times... When wife is with hubby 24X7, he tends to neglect her every concerns but when she gets separated, hubby realizes every little gesture of her care and concern towards him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777fanktlkshobha21mudraswathi

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun29

@ithasme..please check the car scene again..nidhi was wearing ehr mangalsutra..u get to know coz right after ashu asking she was about to pull it out of ehr kurti before stopping..sindhoor she did forget in a hurry

@deepa..me too i loved his possessiveness and irritation hehehe..he was soo cute and good to know he is a human like all of us and feels the emotions associated with love...it was a very natural reaction 

Yup... I second you sun29 Smile

SSA777

Shee_xaan IF-Sizzlerz
Shee_xaan
Shee_xaan

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
NIce post Deeps.
Ashu thinks he may lost Nidhi. Nidhi is young and beautiful. 

ttrocks

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by waves

I don't know how much Ashu would have noticed if Amar hadn't flirted with Nidhi. He may have presumed she's wearing it.
Since she's not with him, it's his way of showing his possessiveness. When Nidhi did the 'item number', he told her he wanted her as a wife.
So he's probably more traditional and possessive than he actually reveals.

Good post Deepa.

Nice post Deepaji!!!Clap
I echo u  Sumiji...Truly, Ashu is perfect example of typical Indian husband Smile

He is very conventional w.r.to his definitions of his wife... we hv enough evidences of this so far like Nidhi rising up early in morning and making tea+bf; No western attire for Nidhi, post-marriage but wearing sari or salwaar-kameez only - not even during their HM, where they were in jungle and noone except Patidev Ashuji was to see Nidhi wearing western outfits there; Nidhi had put on MS and Sindoor during HM too; His "expose" dialogue for her western dress and calling her "item girl" for her seductive surprise for him; She is shown cooking even after returning home from a demanding job and now wearing sindoor and mangalsutra so that other boys like Amar dont mistake her as unmarried and flirt with her...

And, even when they were not married, Ashu was extremely possessive for Nidhi. Remember that Discotheque night episode with Rohan and Nidhi and Ashu at a Disco when MB was playing Dr.Ashu... Smile

Edited by ttrocks - 06 September 2012 at 11:13am

SSA777waves

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:34am | IP Logged
I think this is purely a matter of individual choice...and I think a husband must honestly respect his wife's choice on this matter...I have not worn either for the last fifteen years or more in more than two decades of marriage...my husband is perfectly comfortable with the same...

I think the issue here is Ashutosh perceives this to be a token of her rejection of their relationship...but in the very next scene, he seems to understand that it is an act of provocation, aimed at eliciiting a response from him..he does not believe it is done with the intention of hiding her marital status from Amar...at least so far.

So long as husband and wife understand each other and motives, mangalsutra and sindoor make no difference...and am sorry if I am offending anyone here...but this is my personal view!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 06 September 2012 at 11:41am

SSA777

waves IF-Rockerz
waves
waves

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ttrocks

Originally posted by waves

I don't know how much Ashu would have noticed if Amar hadn't flirted with Nidhi. He may have presumed she's wearing it.
Since she's not with him, it's his way of showing his possessiveness. When Nidhi did the 'item number', he told her he wanted her as a wife.
So he's probably more traditional and possessive than he actually reveals.

Good post Deepa.

Nice post Deepaji!!!Clap
I echo u  Sumiji...Truly, Ashu is perfect example of typical Indian husband Smile

He is very conventional w.r.to his definitions of his wife... we hv enough evidences of this so far like Nidhi rising up early in morning and making tea+bf; No western attire for Nidhi, post-marriage but wearing sari or salwaar-kameez only - not even during their HM, where they were in jungle and noone except Patidev Ashuji was to see Nidhi wearing western outfits there; Nidhi had put on MS and Sindoor during HM too; His "expose" dialogue for her western dress and calling her "item girl" for her seductive surprise for him; She is shown cooking even after returning home from a demanding job and now wearing sindoor and mangalsutra so that other boys like Amar dont mistake her as unmarried and flirt with her...

And, even when they were not married, Ashu was extremely possessive for Nidhi. Remember that Discotheque night episode with Rohan and Nidhi and Ashu at a Disco when MB was playing Dr.Ashu... Smile

ttrocks, I didn't mean to say he's conservative, he's being possessive but he's not a chauvinist who wants his wife to cook and clean. He's also seen heating food in the kitchen and waiting for Nidhi after he's finished work. As for the 'item number' remark, he meant it more as he finds her attractive as she is. Embarrassed

SSA777fanktlk

Go to top