Significance of mangalsutra n sindoor. - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by ttrocks

Nice post Deepaji!!!👏
I echo u  Sumiji...Truly, Ashu is perfect example of typical Indian husband 😊

He is very conventional w.r.to his definitions of his wife... we hv enough evidences of this so far like Nidhi rising up early in morning and making tea+bf; No western attire for Nidhi, post-marriage but wearing sari or salwaar-kameez only - not even during their HM, where they were in jungle and noone except Patidev Ashuji was to see Nidhi wearing western outfits there; Nidhi had put on MS and Sindoor during HM too; His "expose" dialogue for her western dress and calling her "item girl" for her seductive surprise for him; She is shown cooking even after returning home from a demanding job and now wearing sindoor and mangalsutra so that other boys like Amar dont mistake her as unmarried and flirt with her...

And, even when they were not married, Ashu was extremely possessive for Nidhi. Remember that Discotheque night episode with Rohan and Nidhi and Ashu at a Disco when MB was playing Dr.Ashu... 😊

ttrocks, I didn't mean to say he's conservative, he's being possessive but he's not a chauvinist who wants his wife to cook and clean. He's also seen heating food in the kitchen and waiting for Nidhi after he's finished work. As for the 'item number' remark, he meant it more as he finds her attractive as she is. 😳
Posted: 11 years ago
Deepa very valid point. MS and Sindoor are priceless for a married woman and sometimes for her hubby too. My hubby never says anything When I am wearing both, But one day I forgot my sindoor, without any delay he said ," Where is ur sindoor today".  You can say for both Hubby and wife , MS and Sindoor r priceless.