Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

-khushi- About Last Night: Email: me@mayahill.com (Page 51)

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalyaani

I read this post and would like to share my views on the 'men' in this story. As Maya said, they may be her type but I found them to be very different...I have read this story a few times and while I am aware I am taking liberties, I have to add this, and they are very different from each other. Just go through the comments posted by the readers and you see the reactions to them.

I speak for myself; I love Arnav, dislike Yash and am curious about Aman. If they were similar, would not my reaction to all of them be too?

I happen to agree with you that each lead is unique----I actually feel a unique inner energy when I write each character's scenes; their differences are especially apparent (to me) when they are in dialogue together. Example: Arnav-Aman dialogue and/versus Arnav-Yash dialogue. 

However, I respect that each reader brings her own history to a work and will read similarities, differences, preferences, and proclivities through their own paradigm. That is the joy of reading. And that is ultimately a compliment to the writer because it suggests that the reader has fully entered your world.

And, permit me to hijack your post, Kalyaani, as an opening to make a general statement that I have wanted to make for quite some time. I don't hold many strong opinions, but I have formed one, so let me share it:

I don't think it is a writer/artist's place to explain or defend her work, her characters, their actions. [Unless it is a simple clarification of an inaccuracy.] A work of art is a universe, presented (hopefully) with humility----and that gift must be left to the recipient to judge or even misjudge.

I once commented on another writer's work, expressing my view of a character, and was informed by the writer that my reading of that character was flawed or limited. Perhaps. But it is how I received that character in that moment through my eyes, my heart, my mind, my history. It immediately took me back to when a reader commented that my female characters should get jobs and aspire to be more than "erotic toys" for their lovers. Suffice it to say that I reacted badly, and wish that I had been wiser then. (sigh!--back to the Bhagavad Gita)

maya

EDIT 
Hell, since I'm being fast-and-free with my opinions, I will also say this:
I believe that the moment the IPKKND team began to "consult" with their viewership on tracks and write open letters explaining their actions and process, their genius has dimmed. Be invisible; let your work speak for itself. 
[okay--enough, now, I'm going off to be invisible!]

Edited by Inked - 08 October 2012 at 8:04pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

amritabmysticmanthricagirlciti-Risha-fanARswetha_chsegadKalyaanipixiegirllazyleaves

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Hi Maya, sorry have not been able to comment regularly, although, have been reading each of your updates...

Interesting twists coming up in your story by the looks of it...

As usual Khushi is acting the know it all & does not want to consult her husband even on a grave matter like death threats from a maniac like Shyam??? Shocked Now this is one trait in our primary heroine I dislike with a vengeance, the fact that she willfully  hides things from Arnav... Totally appalling especially when she is preggers!! How do you think Arnav is going to react when he finds out that she hid this uhm "not so important" detail from him?? Khushi has no brains I tell you, sorry Maya can't sympathize with the sisterhood on this one...

About Pari, my heart broke reading about Aman's decree to her... Cry Aman cannot force her to leave him when they mean so much to each other... Aman is taking a unilateral decision IMO just like Khushi is taking in her case, am completely not in favor of people taking unilateral decisions in any matter especially so in matrimony...

Just my two cents, will wait to see how you take this story, so waiting to read about each of them, the story that least interests me at this point is the Yash - Anjalit... Although, would love to hear more about Boondi... Heart

Great updates Maya Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cagirlJalebiJane

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inked

However, I respect that each reader brings her own history to a work and will read similarities, differences, preferences, and proclivities through their own paradigm. That is the joy of reading. And that is ultimately a compliment to the writer because it suggests that the reader has fully entered your world.

EDIT 
I believe that the moment the IPKKND team began to "consult" with their viewership on tracks and write open letters explaining their actions and process, their genius has dimmed. Be invisible; let your work speak for itself. 

Maya uh-oh please don't feel disheartened I have mentioned innumerable times that I absolutely love your writing style and the characters that you have so lovingly created... Of course each person has his or her own favorites as you said based on their persona, experiences etc. One should not take things too literally IMO, enjoy a piece of fiction for what it is... Big smile

cagirlJalebiJane

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pixiegirl

EDIT 

Maya uh-oh please don't feel disheartened I have mentioned innumerable times that I absolutely love your writing style and the characters that you have so lovingly created... Of course each person has his or her own favorites as you said based on their persona, experiences etc. One should not take things too literally IMO, enjoy a piece of fiction for what it is... Big smile

I am reluctant to clarify your comment but I want to say:
I'm not at all disheartened. I hope I have not given that impression. 
maya

cagirlpixiegirl

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Kalyaani

I read this post and would like to share my views on the 'men' in this story. As Maya said, they may be her type but I found them to be very different...I have read this story a few times and while I am aware I am taking liberties, I have to add this, and they are very different from each other. Just go through the comments posted by the readers and you see the reactions to them.

I speak for myself; I love Arnav, dislike Yash and am curious about Aman. If they were similar, would not my reaction to all of them be too?

I happen to agree with you that each lead is unique----I actually feel a unique inner energy when I write each character's scenes; their differences are especially apparent (to me) when they are in dialogue together. Example: Arnav-Aman dialogue and/versus Arnav-Yash dialogue. 

And, permit me to hijack your post, Kalyaani, as an opening to make a general statement that I have wanted to make for quite some time. I don't hold many strong opinions, but I have formed one, so let me share it:

I don't think it is a writer/artist's place to explain or defend her work, her characters, their actions. [Unless it is a simple clarification of an inaccuracy.] A work of art is a universe, presented (hopefully) with humility----and that gift must be left to the recipient to judge or even misjudge.

I once commented on another writer's work, expressing my view of a character, and was informed by the writer that my reading of that character was flawed or limited. Perhaps. But it is how I received that character in that moment through my eyes, my heart, my mind, my history. It immediately took me back to when a reader commented that my female characters should get jobs and aspire to be more than "erotic toys" for their lovers. Suffice it to say that I reacted badly, and wish that I had been wiser then. (sigh!--back to the Bhagavad Gita)

maya

EDIT 

The brilliance and the advantage of fan fictions is beautifully displayed here. I agree Maya and yes a work of art once put out for public consumption, has to bear both bouquets and brickbats.

It is out of regard for that particular reader, I took the liberty to clarify, it is not my story nor do I intend to influence anyone's thinking on the matter. It was an attempt to help her appreciate and understand the story better. There are times, when one overlooks a view and once the attention is drawn to it, the effects are different, I endeavored to do that.

At the end of the day, life or this story it boils down to perception; each views things in the way it suits them, nothing is absolute.

Another reason I appreciate feedback or comments, it does not alter the way I look at my work, it helps me understand the people who appreciate it a lot more. This is a feature that was brought to light after I started writing myself. It is one thing to comment on someone's work and another to receive comments for your work.

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf. - Walter Lippmann

Edited by Kalyaani - 08 October 2012 at 9:25pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cagirlfanARJalebiJanepixiegirllazyleaves

saga_twilight IF-Dazzler
saga_twilight
saga_twilight

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
0h G0d Maya a div0rce talk 0n marriage day??? Men are s0 c0mplicated and dare say w0men are the 0ne instead
Really Maya I just want t0 print this part up and sh0ve it under the n0se 0f any0ne wh0 says"w0men are c0mplicated" and jst say "read it!!!"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJane

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Maya, I just visited your website and there seems to be some problem with the Calendar page. There are no red ribbons for 7th, 8th and 9th :P

Especially 9th. Do you happen to know where did it go?

JalebiJane-Risha-

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 1:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pixiegirl

EDIT 

I am reluctant to clarify your comment but I want to say:
I'm not at all disheartened. I hope I have not given that impression. 
maya

Atta girl good to know :)

JalebiJanelazyleaves

Go to top