Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

-khushi- About Last Night: Email: me@mayahill.com (Page 50)

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kalyaani

Originally posted by Inked

Originally posted by DMGFan-2b-not2b

However I am intrigued by one thing and you know I unfortunately have a foot-in-the-mouth disease :-)) All your male characters, which have any prominence, are very similar in characterisation - be it Yash, Arnav or now Aman! I find them very similar...

I know this may encroach on personal space so apologies in adavance, and, you dont have to answer - I am very intrigued what drives the characterisation of your male characters? Is that a personal preference or you perceive that this is the way a character would be accepted / liked? What drives you in sketching out their characters?

You ask an interesting question, and I'm not sure if I can provide a satisfactory reply.
I have a deep interest in how human beings conduct themselves, and so I'm probably using the leads as a vehicle for this exploration. If you see similarities in the three male leads, then you may have discerned "my type"----but again, I am not conscious of it. 

I can say this: Thinking about how my work/characters will be perceived is death of creativity for me. I know this when I style, and serializing has only confirmed it.

I'll continue to think on this subject .
Thank you for your continued interest in my work. 
maya

I read this post and would like to share my views on the 'men' in this story. As Maya said, they may be her type but I found them to be very different. It starts from the choice of vocation and the way they handle situations.

Arnav is very business-like for him everything is a profit and loss statement. He is everything the show says he is and in fact a lot better here, I liked him there and absolutely love him here. He does not believe in leaving anything to chance or overlooking anything, meticulous to a fault.

Aman is street smart and I would call him a thug in a suit, a kind hearted one no less. The little that we know about him, I conclude he has a spine, who would be able to tell off their employer and still not offend them. He compliments his boss and that is possible only when their thinking is in tune that does not make them similar, it makes them work well together.

Yash is a doctor and compassionate one. He is more of an idealist and at times takes on Arnav more to prove a point than to object, take his five point theory. A child holds his heart because of his good nature, despite not being her biological parent. It does throw a lot of light on his heart.

I have read this story a few times and while I am aware I am taking liberties, I have to add this, and they are very different from each other. Just go through the comments posted by the readers and you see the reactions to them.

I speak for myself; I love Arnav, dislike Yash and am curious about Aman. If they were similar, would not my reaction to all of them be too?

If I may add my two cents...I love Arnav, i tolerate Yash and I sincerely hope that Aman is not a rougher version of ASR.

Why because, I can identify with Arnav, both in the show and here.  Maybe be it is a few similar life experiences or simply Barun's fine acting.

Yash I tolerate simply because it brings Boondi into the picture.  If i were to meet him as a man, I would be very guarded and on edge simply because, he runs the risk of coming across too glib.  I am of the school, that perfection in every situation does not exist for too long.  The depth of character we see in Arnav comes from his imperfections.  

Aman is still a mystery and so I wait.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJanepixiegirl

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
that comment aside, maya, this was an interesting chapter.  few glimmers of the Aman-Pari situation.  The ArHi part was hilarious.  My, My she has come a long way from the girl who shied away 'cos her dupatta fellLOL

"Deflower the bride"  what have you been reading lately?Wink

Arnav + Khushi = ArHi

Anjali + Yash = AnYa

Aman + Pari = AmPa?AmRi? PaAm? or PaAn????? Confused 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJane

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by segad

that comment aside, maya, this was an interesting chapter.  few glimmers of the Aman-Pari situation.  The ArHi part was hilarious.  My, My she has come a long way from the girl who shied away 'cos her dupatta fell.

Had to share: A friend is preparing a slideshow of the styleboards, and when he saw that particular one he said, "I love this one--W*F's a dupatta!"

"Deflower the bride"  what have you been reading lately?

I've been reading "Bhagavad Gita"----yes, seriously! I'm sure I didn't see that line there...

I'm not generally keen on those monikers---but I quite like PaAnI for what Aman and Pari represent.
maya

cagirlsegad

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
You get your inspiration from the Bhagwad gita?  Damn I gotta start reading again

Liked the Paani

JalebiJane

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

You get your inspiration from the Bhagwad gita?  Damn I gotta start reading again

I don't want to create the impression that I know it intimately. This is only my second reading. I was gifted a translation by a writer I admire.

Here is a passage that speaks strongly to me:

You have a right to your actions,
but never to your actions' fruits.
Act for the action's sake.
And do not be attached to inaction.
Self-possessed, resolute, act
without any thought of results,
open to success or failure. [2.47-48]

To relate this to the above discussion on the three male leads----if my male leads were books they would be:

Arnav: The Art of War
Yash: Bhagavad Gita
Aman: Tao Te Ching

maya

cagirlsegad

segad IF-Dazzler
segad
segad

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
See to me, Arnav lives his life the way it is described in the verse you quoted.  Karmanye vaadika...
He does what he thinks is right.  Kind of a damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead

Yash's actions to me come across as a wee bit premeditated.  he knows what he wants and he acts accordingly.  that is definitely action for the sake of the result.

aman is a karmayogi

cagirlJalebiJane

bushrayou Goldie
bushrayou
bushrayou

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
aman is breaking my heart... and I hope he is breaking his too!

Loving every single bit! 

JalebiJane

fanAR Goldie
fanAR
fanAR

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
I am so happy that i have read whole FF in two days ... now I can be finally in discussion yar . 
I will leave my reviews tomorrow for the whole thing , I have no words for it right now. you are an amazing writer Maya . I am telling you should really publish your book . the whole world knows your hidden talent.
Keep it up! 

JalebiJane

Go to top