Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

-khushi- About Last Night: Email: me@mayahill.com (Page 49)

Kalyaani IF-Sizzlerz
Kalyaani
Kalyaani

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inked

Originally posted by DMGFan-2b-not2b

However I am intrigued by one thing and you know I unfortunately have a foot-in-the-mouth disease :-)) All your male characters, which have any prominence, are very similar in characterisation - be it Yash, Arnav or now Aman! I find them very similar...

I know this may encroach on personal space so apologies in adavance, and, you dont have to answer - I am very intrigued what drives the characterisation of your male characters? Is that a personal preference or you perceive that this is the way a character would be accepted / liked? What drives you in sketching out their characters?

You ask an interesting question, and I'm not sure if I can provide a satisfactory reply.
I have a deep interest in how human beings conduct themselves, and so I'm probably using the leads as a vehicle for this exploration. If you see similarities in the three male leads, then you may have discerned "my type"----but again, I am not conscious of it. 

I can say this: Thinking about how my work/characters will be perceived is death of creativity for me. I know this when I style, and serializing has only confirmed it.

I'll continue to think on this subject .
Thank you for your continued interest in my work. 
maya

I read this post and would like to share my views on the 'men' in this story. As Maya said, they may be her type but I found them to be very different. It starts from the choice of vocation and the way they handle situations.

Arnav is very business-like for him everything is a profit and loss statement. He is everything the show says he is and in fact a lot better here, I liked him there and absolutely love him here. He does not believe in leaving anything to chance or overlooking anything, meticulous to a fault.

Aman is street smart and I would call him a thug in a suit, a kind hearted one no less. The little that we know about him, I conclude he has a spine, who would be able to tell off their employer and still not offend them. He compliments his boss and that is possible only when their thinking is in tune that does not make them similar, it makes them work well together.

Yash is a doctor and compassionate one. He is more of an idealist and at times takes on Arnav more to prove a point than to object, take his five point theory. A child holds his heart because of his good nature, despite not being her biological parent. It does throw a lot of light on his heart.

I have read this story a few times and while I am aware I am taking liberties, I have to add this, and they are very different from each other. Just go through the comments posted by the readers and you see the reactions to them.

I speak for myself; I love Arnav, dislike Yash and am curious about Aman. If they were similar, would not my reaction to all of them be too?

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticmanthricagirlfanARmasamJalebiJane-Risha-mistyrainssegadpixiegirllazyleaves

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 3:57am | IP Logged
Aman is being the next rough & tough ASR...koi baat nahii i'am sure with Khushi & Arnav's help Pari will win Aman's heart & Aman will not be able to imagine a life without Pari...good going Maya...keep it up...continue soon..Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJane

mysticmanthri Senior Member
mysticmanthri
mysticmanthri

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 4:01am | IP Logged
i miss posting on your thread here ...so just dropped in to read other readers views...i loved few posts...

JalebiJane

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 4:24am | IP Logged
3rd October

I already love the discussion between Pari and Khushi :D They are so casually discussing this topic :D

A laugh worthy moment indeed to hide the tension for the time being :)

They are treating the phone as if it is a bomb about to explode :D

I can't believe he is calling her up from the mandap :D Arnav cannot wait any more :P

I like how Khushi keeps her husband's safety above hers and Pari couldn't agree more :D

"Worse," Khushi shook her head, "he threatened my husband."

Khushi is just like her husband. She wants to handle everything on her own in her own way. But I doubt this will be hidden from him for long. He will know, soon-ish :)

If Arnav didn't had Aman, how would Khushi had got Pari?

Tension-wala update :P

JalebiJane

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 4:40am | IP Logged
5th October

I had a hard time guessing which bride that would be LOL

I feel like eating up Boondi because she is so cute :D

I am fida over this father-daughter duo. Sigh!

Pari - the ever observant :)

The moment Pari's mind is unoccupied even for a milisecond she thinks of her hubby. I like the information you have given us about their relationship dynamics. He always informs her :)

Finally Yash and Anjali are married. I hope that snake doesn't have this info :(

Boondi tying the knot is so symbolic. It was actually Boondi who brought them close to each other.

Aman Pari. Pari Aman Dancing FInally Maya ne hamari sun li :D

Aman is providing information about his boss to his wife :D Making her realise what a long way they have come :) I guess Aman wanted to see Pari's reaction :D

"it's not about how you begin." - A ray of hope?

A clap inducing update :)

JalebiJane

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 5:18am | IP Logged
6th October

Finally we get to see Aman and Pari Big smile

But, those details must wait.  - Aur kitna intezaar Maya ji? Ermm

Have you mentioned this before or have I missed it that Pari is not even 21 yet?!?

So theirs is a contract marriage and Aman think that she doesn't need him anymore :( But she wants you :(

Aman even if you take the blame on you, it will not help. Don't break her heart :(

Aansoon poch leta toh kya jaata? Aman, hum aapse naaraz hai!

Pari couldn't contain her tears and the pain and left. But she will be calm and composed soon because that is Pari :)

Finally these two are married now that also for the third time.

Arnav can be slow sometimes and Khushi can be such a tease.

I am waiting for the deflowering of the bride. I am shameless Blushing

JalebiJane

Akanksha- IF-Rockerz
Akanksha-
Akanksha-

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Now it came as a big shocker that Pari is just 21 and they marriage is a contract one. Im already feeling sorry for her and Im feeling this plot of Aman and Pari  is intriguing.  Looking forward to read more of their story how they met and what made them to tie the knot.
So I have a question here, Aman took her to his home when she is in her teens. So did he marry her in her teen age? So did Aman encouraged her to complete her further education after their marriage? So by 21 she completed her fashion course? But  just hope Aman accept Pari very soon, she is a very good person and doesnt deserve all this painSmile

JalebiJane

duncanelise Senior Member
duncanelise
duncanelise

Posted: 08 October 2012 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Aman and Pari's history was quite a surprise... I felt so bad that Aman is not aware of Pari's feelings on the matter. Can't wait to see what happens with them next!
I loved the part with Boondi leading the dance...
And of course, the scene between Arnav and Khushi, to Read their conversations is always such a delight!

JalebiJane

Go to top