Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

-khushi- About Last Night: Email: me@mayahill.com (Page 142)

ssyahoo IF-Sizzlerz
ssyahoo
ssyahoo

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
I am caught up :) Absolutely am loving your writing. I so thought Arnav would throw her in the pool. Waiting for Arnav's response to Anjali's question :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJaneWater.

pixiegirl IF-Sizzlerz
pixiegirl
pixiegirl

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Inked

I see that this episode has left some confusion and some unwarm feelings towards Anjali.

1. The next two episodes will clarify some of the logistical questions, so I won't respond to them here.
2. I write the story inside me, so judging or defending Anjali is not my place, but it is absolutely your right as readers to judge, disapprove and debate. That is why I maintain this thread, and will do so until IF closes the door.

I remain honoured and grateful that you read my work, and that so many of you take time to comment.
With appreciation and love,
maya

Hey Maya, I am sure from your point of view, it feels that way... The reason this last update came as a surprise or shock to some of us was because of the previous update which indicated towards Anjali finally weaning off her brother dearest... 

I was under the impression that the conversation Yash indicated that he & Anjali had the previous night, was to that effect, leading towards a more independent life, which is to be fully expected given the present state of affairs, a married girl goes off to stay with her husband...

I was really surprised that Yash had agreed to stay at Sheesh Mahal, which is so unlike him and his values... His statement that "When you asked me for a wedding gift, I didn't expect to pay such a price," he replied, showing the depth of his compromise."
Just indicated to me that even he had been manipulated by Anjali into agreeing to staying at Sheesh Mahal against his better judgment...

So when Anjali went up to speak to her kid brother I thought she went up there to pacify him about wanting to now lead a more independent life with Yash & her family, but she completely turned the tables on me by wanting to live in the same house, albeit a BIG house a.k.a. Sheesh Mahal as a "wedding gift" which just reeked to me of manipulation... I could have totally misinterpreted her Maya & I am sorry that I did :( 

It is one thing to want to stay together as a family if all the members feel the same but it just came across to me as if this was her idea alone, that is what ticked me off a bit.

That said, as always, I have full faith in your story telling Maya, you are undoubtedly one of the best out there & you have managed to keep the story intriguing & fun to read all this while I have NO doubts you will continue to do the same, I won't jump the gun & wait for you to unfold the story as it comes to you, & I am sure I will love it :)

Edited by pixiegirl - 16 December 2012 at 9:15am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JalebiJanesegadWater.

LoLo IF-Dazzler
LoLo
LoLo

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 9:17am | IP Logged

Edited by LoLo - 15 January 2013 at 1:19am

JalebiJane-Risha-

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:17am | IP Logged
I'm delighted to see the various readings one episode has prompted.
And though I don't like to guide the opinions of readers, I do wish to say one thing.

I speak here as a writer:
Drama and conflict are necessary ingredients for a story---especially a serial.

And to maintain a compelling story for 191 episodes I have often had to contrive plot that is not necessarily consistent with appropriate behaviour or character expectations, but it brings lovers and enemies into contact. Meaning: Two strong men under one roof will create some interesting scenarios that would not be possible if they lived in different homes.

My point is this: characters who behave well and do the right thing are desired in life, but not in fiction. Of course, that does not preclude readers from forming opinions on this behaviour----but I just want to gently say that as a writer I think of myself as a storyteller, and as an artist, I try to show beauty of imperfection.

As always, thank you for reading my work.
Truth be told, I am humbled by the support and interest of such a Sisterhood.
Love,
maya

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

IyamnurmalinazaElenaElenormysticmanthricagirl-Risha-Polkadots78vgedinsegad--RAINA--shree10KaranShilpa:)Water.pixiegirl

-Risha- Goldie
-Risha-
-Risha-

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged
What I am looking forward to the most is the two strong men part. I have full faith in you and I know you will continue to surprise us and make us dream with the beauty you create

JalebiJaneWater.

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Risha.J

What I am looking forward to the most is the two strong men part. I have full faith in you and I know you will continue to surprise us and make us dream with the beauty you create

And while at it, make a fool of ourselves while we grin and blush at a computer screen. 

JalebiJane-Risha-Water.

JalebiJane Goldie
JalebiJane
JalebiJane

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Sisters:

In anticipation of this thread reaching an end, I've opened a third thread:

-khushi- (formerly About Last Night) Discussion #3

Thank you,
maya