Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

----------------------- (Page 11)

ksreela Senior Member
ksreela
ksreela

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lyraa99

Hello everyone

We all hail from different parts of the world, from different professions, with different attitudes and ideas but there is one thing that has made us walk on the same path and that is the love for this show Iss Pyaar Ko kya naam doon. So what would happen if two months down the line our paths separate dissolving the one thing we have in common?

If you give the forum a glance, the negativity outweighs the positivity. There are many who vent out the frustration on the track. Some are agreed with; some are not, while some are bashed. I'm not against the discussions, positive or negative. Every one is entitled to give their opinion. But lately there are posts with members wishing that the TRPS drop down so the track changes, members wishing that Sarun should quit, members wishing that IPK should end...

They say be careful what you wish for, it might actually come true.

How would you react if out of the blue and article comes out saying that IPK is ending?

TRPs are not a test to see if the track works, they are the source for the channel to monitor if the show is viewed enough to be aired. Expecting low TRPS because you are frustrated with the track is like telling viewers not to watch the show on 8 pm slot just incase the TRP rises. Low TRPS put the show in the danger of being axed and a change in track doesn't bring a sudden TRP rise. It is gradual. And that time might be too less to revive the show.

If you think the show should end, then the negativity will not give it a long life either. Saath Nibhana Saathiya was in the danger of being axed despite of high TRPS because of the negativity and bashing on several fan pages when Giaa Manek left the show.  If you feel the show is not worth your time, quit watching the show. Why be sadistic and expect it to end because it is no longer to your liking? It is a source of income for all those who work for it and the source of entertainment for all those who watch it.  And if you turn your back against the show at its worst, then you don't deserve it at its best.

The track might not be up to your expectations, sometimes life isn't either. But that doesn't mean you stop living.. just that you make a different choice. Life doesn't have a remote control to change what is not to your liking but the TV sets do---use it.

I know this is a discussion forum and everyone has a right to pen down what they feel. Many are unsatisfied with several things in the episode and they point it out and there is nothing wrong with that. But there is a way of constructing a post. If the post is worded politely, highlighting the faults or giving ideas for improvement, they might even be considered by the cvs. But making posts without substance, purely to vent out, will not only be ignored but will count against the show.

Many are writers on this forum. Which comment would you consider if you want to bring a change in the story?  A frustrated reader telling you to stop a fic piece because the story is not to their liking or a reader who requests you to change something giving reasons for their displeasure?

So friends, TRPS are not the only thing that decides the life of the show. It is your words as well. Words are magical. A sharp word is not the only tool needed to make a point. A logical and polite construction of words can achieve all what a sharp word cannot and more.

So the future of IPK also rests in your hands. You can continue being negative and supporting negative topics or speak against it and request the TM to construct the topic properly.

You can make a difference now because once the show gets a notice by the channel, it will be too late for the numerous petition posts regarding saving the show to make a difference...

Thanks and Regards

Lyraa

P.s If you feel i have a point do like or comment and support... If at all it changes a mind or makes a person stop and think before posting, creating this post will be worth it.

Agreed with you and absolutely about what all you wrote.  Off late forum has been more of negativity.  Not liking to visit forum now a days.  Previously, it used to be something to discuss.  But now it is so biased either its too positive or too negative.  Guys, this story is not only about Arshi, but it is entirely dependent on other characters too.  Their love story progressed or progresses only because of others involved.  When they both have declared openly that they love each other, what else can we have except showing us some romantic scenes.  Even we will bored after couple of episodes if they show only Arshi.  (i am an ardent fan od Arshi, I would love to see more of their scenes)  But the latest episodes show that their love for each other and trust is growing.  And this is happening because of the involvement of other characters.  We think we cannot bear Anjali and its because of her negotiations we have to see her more.  Thats a wrong perspective.   Please everyone take out all thoughts from your mind, think from Anjali;s point of view, Arnav and Kushi's point of view and enjoy.  Life is not easy, sometimes it has ups and downs and yes in case of Arshi its too much.  We definetly need some peaceful Arshi scenes, but I think it takes some time.

As the story is progressing I think Shyam will be exposed by Arshi, which will be very interesting to see.  Please let us not put too much pressure on CV's, actors and the entire team.  Let them also enjoy their work.  They are working very hard for our 20 minute happiness, so let us support them.

This is just my point of view.  Tried to think from all views.  Any comments are welcome.

EDIT BASED ON COMMENTS

I'M NOT REFERRING to the negativity that is born after episodes when you point out to something you disliked or vent out your frustration on a scene.

This is for those who wish that the show should end- that the TRPS should fall-- that Sarun should quit 

S.Stephy IF-Rockerz
S.Stephy
S.Stephy

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged
@TM: I like the way you have put forth your opinion... although I might have to disagree with you.

I used to never go around nit-picking flaws in the show before during the good old times. But recently, I feel the show has gone off track and has started showing flaws that are too major to ignore (of course, I agree that others need not share my perspective). And if this continues, the show would stop being what it was originally supposed to be. And when this is how I feel, I can't keep saying false positive stuff. Plus, I think its better that members give a honest feedback so that the CVs can take heed if they think its worth it. I think its better than continuing to keep quiet and letting the show's content to go downhill, which too can lead to the show's premature end.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Siri22Iceflames-Aimz-Kookiemonsterrima

khushboorath Goldie
khushboorath
khushboorath

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kkksr

Originally posted by khushboorath

Originally posted by Mahamluvsght

ANOTHER THING  we have so many so called intellects here  who feel they are better of then the cvs makers channels I dont understand y r they sticking to the show then just to spread saddism on the  Forum i guess !

Now you are questioning the people that watch the show??? You dont want them to watch the show?? Sadism is showing baby murder on prime time television for all audience to see...many people were disturbed watching that gruesome scene (which btw aired with no content warning) Sadism is when they humiliate and torture Khushi in the name of entertainment. And yes, the intellectuals on this forum is way brighter than the stupid CVs that write this nonsense. If you have time please go check out some of their writing before you take shots at them!! There is some excellent writing on this forum that will put these Cvs to shame!

kindly watch ur words...
u r saying stupid to those ppl who r in industry for more then 10 yrs...
thy r same ppl who gave you the wonderful show...n and the stories of the writers are the product of the imagination whose base as been set by the cv...so the called STUPID CV...
baby murder or such scenes r very common for prime time slot...

If baby killing is legal on prime time slots and it is written by people with 10 years of experience, then I question their moral fiber as human beings if they can stoop to those levels just for ratings.  In most countries this is considered disgusting and illegal. If  you showed that scene in the US prime time the channel would have paid a HUGE HUGE fine. If they want to air that content any other time (even late night) they would be able to do so only with a content waring!  Asking me to mind my language shows that you are pick here to pick a fight with anyone that is criticizing these STUPID CVs

this is not US...this is INDIAN television...i agree with ur point but if the legal system were to be a little stronger it would have stop a huge level of crime rates in India not just a scene of the show...the fact that other then u neither the newspaper not the media made the issue just point out to the fact how common this scenes r

The fact that is common does not make it RIGHT! The fact that it is common does not mean that we have to accept it. I am pretty sure if someone complains to the Information Broad Casting ministry it is a problem for the channel.  If you want us to prove, I will pursue this matter and prove it to you. But why should waste time doing that?  You make it sound like India is a lawless country with absolutely no moral fabric! I am extremely disappointed with people with no moral values & even more
disappointed with people who think it is wrong when someone points out something that is wrong!

its not wrong to point out something which is actually wrong...
but if u want pursue something kindly go ahead i'll support u...n many Indians also...as i know my Indian law n its political power n influence nothing is going to happen...
even if u want to go n complain to information board casting ministry kindly go ahead...n plss inform me too...i will definitely join u
people have moral values but thy r helpless...as we all know that country runs by this politicians...
its my request kindly dnt involve country n there ppl for just a show...coz everybody love the country where thy live
-Eris- IF-Stunnerz
-Eris-
-Eris-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Much appreciated. I come to this forum and all i see is posts about how cv s murdered the show how mean daljeet is how sanaya should quit the show etc. The point forgotten this is star plus it does not want a love story at 8 o clock or any other time. Star always has family oriented shows with less rabba ve and more tears that s their strategy and they have been no one from some time. This track is just a filler obviously you need the obstacles the villains otherwise arshi would have their happy ending after the kidnapping track. The indian audience thrives on drama and that s what happened the week asr slapped shyam and trp s reached 3.7. An increase in trp s gradual. My opinion is the rise of shyam is necessary only then he will fall. The concept didi ki saut was presented and star lapped it up. The other woman anjali will always be in arshi s life so lets enjoy the low phases so the high will be sweeter.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

subha_rath2004

jennad Senior Member
jennad
jennad

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:36am | IP Logged
Lovely post.  But letz not forget the negativity started because of the disappointment the fans are feeling at the way the story is going.  If the show ends it wont be because of the negativity but becoz the CV's cud not take the story further.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Siri22CATZ..Kookiemonster

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aparna5293

Originally posted by rima

have you wondered what triggered this?
die hards like me want trps to drop
why?
so that they get the message
which they never seem to
one and half years of loving this show
8 months of crap
and we still see them not giving us the one thing we want...
a good wedding for khushi
some time together for them
a few moments of loggical story telling
punishing a criminal
justice for khushi's wrongs
...forget everything else
just daily does of positive entertainment
...none of these are there now
the negativity stems from the show
same happened with ss i guess ( i don't watch it. bbut it was all about one girl's torture i guess)
there is a dialogue in the movie nayakan 'ask them to stop nd we will stop'
that is what i wud say though i myself do not criticize episodes
but yes i am turning negative
but i like your post
because it shows concern for our show
and you made an effort to save it

hey rima
agree at some poitn of urs and i always respect ur views and positivuty but how come u expect to decrease trp coz trp plays major role.
And we r here discussing d WAY ppl vent out or gives dhamaki.

And for me dere were ppl who got bored of romantic and playboy rnav widin week.

We shud give CVs chance to explore d track.
Aftr first epi of new track we demand to change it
is it fair.
we have given them track after track
we gave them kidnap track 2 whole months
we gave them swaami and GH track again one whole month
we gave them shyam exposure track
zero results
and now we gave them remarriage track
zero results
only constant in the show is shyam winning and anjali crying

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SaraJLSiri22-Aimz-Kookiemonster

Addie07 IF-Dazzler
Addie07
Addie07

BollyCurry Assistant Writer

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by S.Stephy

@TM: I like the way you have put forth your opinion... although I might have to disagree with you.

I used to never go around nit-picking flaws in the show before during the good old times. But recently, I feel the show has gone off track and has started showing flaws that are too major to ignore (of course, I agree that others need not share my perspective). And if this continues, the show would stop being what it was originally supposed to be. And when this is how I feel, I can't keep saying false positive stuff. Plus, I think its better that members give a honest feedback so that the CVs can take heed if they think its worth it. I think its better than continuing to keep quiet and letting the show's content to go downhill, which too can lead to the show's premature end.

I'M NOT REFERRING to the negativity that is born after episodes when you point out to something you disliked or vent out your frustration on a scene.

This is for those who wish that the show should end- that the TRPS should fall-- that Sarun should quit 

I AM NOT ASKING TO BE POSITIVE AND MAKE POSITIVE  POSTS THROUGHOUT. yOU CAN GO AHEAD AND ALWAYS MAKE POSTS MENTIONING YOUR DISPLEASURE because there should be a very strong reason why it brings out those emotions in you. But DONT WISH FOR THE SHOW TO END.. This is what the entire post was about and not regarding the criticisms.. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

601109innocentgreenkhushboorathsubha_rath2004farah53

khushboorath Goldie
khushboorath
khushboorath

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by barunz_ladylove

Originally posted by Mahamluvsght

ANOTHER THING  we have so many so called intellects here  who feel they are better of then the cvs makers channels I dont understand y r they sticking to the show then just to spread saddism on the  Forum i guess !

Now you are questioning the people that watch the show??? You dont want them to watch the show?? Sadism is showing baby murder on prime time television for all audience to see...many people were disturbed watching that gruesome scene (which btw aired with no content warning) Sadism is when they humiliate and torture Khushi in the name of entertainment. And yes, the intellectuals on this forum is way brighter than the stupid CVs that write this nonsense. If you have time please go check out some of their writing before you take shots at them!! There is some excellent writing on this forum that will put these Cvs to shame!

kindly watch ur words...
u r saying stupid to those ppl who r in industry for more then 10 yrs...
thy r same ppl who gave you the wonderful show...n and the stories of the writers are the product of the imagination whose base as been set by the cv...so the called STUPID CV...
baby murder or such scenes r very common for prime time slot...
are we having the same CVs ?? i heard that some ekta kapoor's show writer is now the new creative... the old ipkknd team is not there anymore... lalit mohan, ved raaj, the old creative team is not there as far as we know n everyday we find new names in the team... n that is clearly reflecting on the show !!! n since u have connection with the sets can u plzz plzz ask gul n nissar to make their supervision so that the new team can do better ??????

if one person leave doesnt mean everybody left the show...
writers dnt decide everything...its not one mans worlds...thy have 5 writers...plus creative team plus gul nissar n rajesh decide everything...first thy read the script n then thy pass it...
thy dnt allow writes to rule there show...

Edited by khushboorath - 06 September 2012 at 2:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

subha_rath2004Addie07farah53incandescent

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index