Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Dadi was right actually (Page 6)

SViji_2706 Goldie
SViji_2706
SViji_2706

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged
U r right  A married women becomes husband's responsibility 

If u say Arnav should have left the responsibility of Anjali to Shyam while he thought his good for nothing jiju is a good person at start but even that time he took the responsibility of her or to say including with her he also took the responsibility of her so called husband(Arnav was the one who was fulfilling their needs, wishes etc...)If we see they r living or rather say enjoying their brother's money while Arnav was working hard for them.I mean who would want to live in their maternal house after their marriage its like questioning ur husbands dignity.Every women should live their lives with her husband in his house rather than go and live in ur parents house with ur husband and enjoying ur brother's money.
Its ok if we go to our maternal house for vacation like a guest rather than to live their permanently and here 1) I am not saying one should break every relation with their maternal house after marriage but they should know where they belong to after their marriage and 2)If the girl is having any problem having in her marriage life then she should at least try on her own to solve her problems and when she can't solve on her own she can go to her brother or to say her parents.

ARNAV'S MISTAKE:-
Here in this show from starting itself Arnav was the one who was looking after Anjali even when he thought Shyam is a good husband then how come he will give her responsibility when he knows Shyam true color.If we see Arnav should say the full truth(terrace scene etc)abt shyam to Anjali rather than hiding the fact and trying to keep Shyam away from RM will not do good to anyone.Truth should be out in open wat he did and wat he said while confrontation.He should explain to his sister rather than trying to hide from her and expect her to accept his decision when she does not know the whole truth,according to her it was just a blaming game and a big MU from RM members.

ANJALI'S FAULT:-
If we see when their parents left them Anjali should be the one to console her brother and take her responsibility as an elder rather than Arnav.From starting she portrayed her weakness as a weak character rather than to be strong,she let others to take her life's decision rather taking her own decision.The problem is she is not willing to take her responsibility on her own or nor she once tried.Once married she should have left her brothers house but no she did'nt and when her brother is trying to save her from good for nothing husband she is willingly digging her own grave by asking for Shyam.If she wants Shyam in her life she should leave her brothers house and should go and leave with that creep husband and face the reality rather than leaving in fantacy and also putiing her brothers and Khushis life in danger.

1)If she go with Shyam by leaving her brothers house she will see his true color of her husband where he will show her his true color.
2)Since according to Shyam he wants to come to RM for money or luxurious life which  he will not get if Anjali leaves RM then he will show his true nature to Anjali and she will also learn her leason

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyMrDarcyfanrima

-QueenlyChitra- IF-Stunnerz
-QueenlyChitra-
-QueenlyChitra-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:10am | IP Logged
SO TRUE Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chochu15

Originally posted by rima

...She said Anjali is more of Shyam's responsibility than Arnav's

A married woman becomes her husband's responsibility in India (I find the whole concept of anyone being anyone's responsibility weird. Adults are just their own responsibility).

I think the problem in this show is the misplaced responsibility because Arnav feels his Di will be lost without him and she cannot handle life.

Arnav how about giving your Di a chance to live her life and try living your own?

CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?

Anyone think so?

PS: This is not about anjali or DB. This is about the concept. So comment accordingly.

If Dadi believes that Anjali is Shyam's responsibilty, then it fighting to send Anjali with her husband to his home would have been a more creditable  argument, then fighting to bring her husband in Arnav's house...it is HIS house and he has a right to allow or disallow anyone to come to it..

Basically, the whole concept of getting Jamai Ji home is totally out of place and character!!!!! But after seeing yesterday's episode...hoping for Dadi to see any kind of reasoning...will be idiocy on our part...she is a stubborn mule!!!!!
exactly
if damadji loves his wife so much ask damadji to be a man and go out with his wife
why force arnav to accept that a****le
makes no sense whatsoever

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

MamijiChimpsyshish15MrDarcyfan

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

Yes indeed after marriage responsibilty lies with husband but what if husband is like shyam...Any brother will have that protectiveness and possessiveness.. It was anjali's decision to live with arnav after marriage as in one of earlier episodes ,arnav also say to shyam that let di be here till she wants.. but after finding how creep his jija is..how cn arnav for that matter let his di with him...and when her husband is such a jerk then it becomes his responsibilty as he is not only her brother but also her father protecting her ..Yes instead of asking shyam to be in RM they should be stressing on anjali being with him..but then in this show every responsibility seems to be on the shoulder of only one MAN...
sorry
even before he found out shyam is a jerk arnav insisted on his di living with them
from day 1 of this show she has been shown living with them
I don't blame arnav for wanting his di to be with him after finding out his jiju is a jerk
i blame anjali for still wanting to be in her brother's place despite loving her husband and not having the guts to walk out

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyMrDarcyfanOmNaMaSteOmriti4u

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amrita_12

This entire 'Di Ko Bachao' aandolan by Arnav is not making sense anymore to me as what he is not understanding is his beloved Di doesnt want to be saved. Especially from Shyam.  

Arnav's intentions are right but his methods are very flawed. What this entire plot is lacking is some sensible conversation between the brother and sister. He should tell her why he believes its in Anjali's best interest if she stays away from Shyaam. If even after hearing everything, Ajnali still acts like an airhead, then let her be as expecting otherwise will just be a lost cause. 

The decision of Anjali staying away from Shyaam has to come from Anjali herself and not from her brother. She lost her child, so obviously she will believe the best person to share her grief with is her husband. Anybody would. Its a separate case altogther that her husband is a creep of the first order and was the one who orchestrated the entire thing. 

At the end of the Anjali is married to Shyaam. If she doesnt want to stay away from him, fine, dont. Just leave your brother's house and shack up somewhere else with your holier than thou pati parmeshwar. 
exactly
it takes gus to leave one's cocoon and rough it out in the world
guts that anjali is shown lacking
and that is why the concept does not work

akanksha_aChimpsyMrDarcyfan

CHIPPEDCUP IF-Sizzlerz
CHIPPEDCUP
CHIPPEDCUP

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
First of all...Dadi has no right to ask Arnav to bring back Shyam.Dadi left the two orphan siblings 14 years ago.She does not know how Arnav took care of Anjali,she does not know whom Anjali needs more,she does not know how Shyam is.So she should remain quite.She has no right to interfere in Arnav's decision.

Second...Anjali is a 35 years old woman.So she is no one's responbility.Yes since she is not financially independent her broher can provide her with money.But it is not his brother's duty.It is husband's duty.So yes Dadi's POV is right.But she is not.

Third...Anjali has no right to force Arnav bring back Shyam.But she has every right to leave RM with her husband.And any woman would have left with her husband long ago if her brother insulted her husband.So it gives us a clear picture about how is Anjali.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyrini_katMrDarcyfanKookiemonsterrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kookie2020

Rima jee, 
A woman who is strong and  financially independent is no one's responsibility.
Anjali is none, she needs to stop freeloading and get out of her brother's house and make a home of her own with her husband.
That is what normal people with an ounce of self respect would do. 
Apparently Anjali has no self respect either.
Now coming to the point that after marriage a woman's home is where her husband is - 
Yes it is, According to the Indian society.
Let me elaborate this point.

In a North Indian wedding there are Seven saptadi or vachans that a couple takes when the get married .
These seven vows are known as Saptadi, which are performed along with Mangalpheras, which is revolving around the sacred fire. Any marriage is incomplete without these vows and is deemed complete once they are conducted. On the day of the wedding the bride and the groom sit under the Mandap or the scared canopy for this ritual. The bride is seated towards left of the groom before the pheras, while towards the right after they are complete.

The Seven Vows: 

Groom: 
You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children. 
Bride:
I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities. 

Groom: 
Together we will protect our house and children.
Bride:
I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely. 

Groom: 
May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long. 
Bride: 
I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste. 

Groom:
You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.
Bride:
I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can. 

Groom: You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you. 
Bride: 
I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace. 
Bride: 
I will always be by your side.

Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity. 
Bride: 
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.

Now please tell me what has Anjali followed?
Anjali is busy leeching off her brother to even built a home of her own.
I am not talking about Shyam here because all of us know what exactly Shyam is.
But Anjali always follows all the rituals and rasams and god knows what else.
How many vachans has she actually followed which she took when she got married?
She failed in the first and second ones .
Rest I am not even getting there.

A woman is considered to be her husband's responsibility after marriage in Indian society.
Anjali is traditional in every way then why the hell is she living at her brother's home instead of living with her husband.
So yes, For once Daadi is right.

kookie ji stand back and accept my standing ovation for reminding me again of the seven precious vows

it refreshed my mind of my own marital commitments

and whhat an apt comparison

anjali has failed everywhere

sjhe is defenitely a freeloader and a weakling

do you know more handicapped people make a living
why can't she
in my FF i have made her counseloor and her would be new man in life give her this lecture
aapne meri muh ki baat chinli

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyborregKookiemonster

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

I have been saying the same thing for WEEKS! Let her leave her brother's house and go to her husband IF she thinks he is not in the wrong!

Dadi should also encourage her! NOT try to force Shyam back into Arnav's house! It is HIS house and his prorogative who he allows to live there!

This is totally INTOLERABLE to watch them trying to FORCE Shyam in the house!! It is NOT their house! Anjali should take a stance and leave! I can accept that but not THIS!
this show failed in its most fundamental concept...getting to have a jeeja live in his saala's house when the saala is vehemently against him
and a didi being scared of her brother like a teenager is afraid of her father to meet her lover

what bull crap concept

akanksha_aChimpsyrini_kat

Go to top