Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Dadi was right actually (Page 5)

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by craziefan

i really do not understand where the problem is - it is not that shyam is illiterate- he is a lawyer, so he should be earning enough to support a family(of only 2 members), he does not have any other responsibilities...so why don't they shift to their own bungalow/ apartment ??? 
dadi can be with anjali if she is not well enough to take care of herself...

correct
or the great asr can buy a bungulow next door and hire a maid for his di instead of being her slave

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsyrini_kat

shish15 IF-Dazzler
shish15
shish15

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

...She said Anjali is more of Shyam's responsibility than Arnav's

A married woman becomes her husband's responsibility in India (I find the whole concept of anyone being anyone's responsibility weird. Adults are just their own responsibility).

I think the problem in this show is the misplaced responsibility because Arnav feels his Di will be lost without him and she cannot handle life.

Arnav how about giving your Di a chance to live her life and try living your own?

CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?

Anyone think so?

PS: This is not about anjali or DB. This is about the concept. So comment accordingly.

If Dadi believes that Anjali is Shyam's responsibilty, then it fighting to send Anjali with her husband to his home would have been a more creditable  argument, then fighting to bring her husband in Arnav's house...it is HIS house and he has a right to allow or disallow anyone to come to it..

Basically, the whole concept of getting Jamai Ji home is totally out of place and character!!!!! But after seeing yesterday's episode...hoping for Dadi to see any kind of reasoning...will be idiocy on our part...she is a stubborn mule!!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyrima

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Yes indeed after marriage responsibilty lies with husband but what if husband is like shyam...Any brother will have that protectiveness and possessiveness.. It was anjali's decision to live with arnav after marriage as in one of earlier episodes ,arnav also say to shyam that let di be here till she wants.. but after finding how creep his jija is..how cn arnav for that matter let his di with him...and when her husband is such a jerk then it becomes his responsibilty as he is not only her brother but also her father protecting her ..Yes instead of asking shyam to be in RM they should be stressing on anjali being with him..but then in this show every responsibility seems to be on the shoulder of only one MAN...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

satyavarshiniChimpsyrini_katrima

Amrita_12 Senior Member
Amrita_12
Amrita_12

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
This entire 'Di Ko Bachao' aandolan by Arnav is not making sense anymore to me as what he is not understanding is his beloved Di doesnt want to be saved. Especially from Shyam.  

Arnav's intentions are right but his methods are very flawed. What this entire plot is lacking is some sensible conversation between the brother and sister. He should tell her why he believes its in Anjali's best interest if she stays away from Shyaam. If even after hearing everything, Ajnali still acts like an airhead, then let her be as expecting otherwise will just be a lost cause. 

The decision of Anjali staying away from Shyaam has to come from Anjali herself and not from her brother. She lost her child, so obviously she will believe the best person to share her grief with is her husband. Anybody would. Its a separate case altogther that her husband is a creep of the first order and was the one who orchestrated the entire thing. 

At the end of the Anjali is married to Shyaam. If she doesnt want to stay away from him, fine, dont. Just leave your brother's house and shack up somewhere else with your holier than thou pati parmeshwar. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

newipkkcagirlakanksha_aChimpsyrini_katOmNaMaSteOmrima

Kookiemonster IF-Sizzlerz
Kookiemonster
Kookiemonster

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Rima jee, 
A woman who is strong and  financially independent is no one's responsibility.
Anjali is none, she needs to stop freeloading and get out of her brother's house and make a home of her own with her husband.
That is what normal people with an ounce of self respect would do. 
Apparently Anjali has no self respect either.
Now coming to the point that after marriage a woman's home is where her husband is - 
Yes it is, According to the Indian society.
Let me elaborate this point.

In a North Indian wedding there are Seven saptadi or vachans that a couple takes when the get married .
These seven vows are known as Saptadi, which are performed along with Mangalpheras, which is revolving around the sacred fire. Any marriage is incomplete without these vows and is deemed complete once they are conducted. On the day of the wedding the bride and the groom sit under the Mandap or the scared canopy for this ritual. The bride is seated towards left of the groom before the pheras, while towards the right after they are complete.

The Seven Vows: 

Groom: 
You will offer me food and be helpful in every way. I will cherish you and provide welfare and happiness for you and our children. 
Bride:
I am responsible for the home and all household responsibilities. 

Groom: 
Together we will protect our house and children.
Bride:
I will be by your side as your courage and strength. I will rejoice in your happiness. In return, you will love me solely. 

Groom: 
May we grow wealthy and prosperous and strive for the education of our children. May our children live long. 
Bride: 
I will love you solely for the rest of my life, as you are my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary. I vow to remain chaste. 

Groom:
You have brought sacredness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with noble and obedient children.
Bride:
I will shower you with joy, from head to toe. I will strive to please you in every way I can. 

Groom: You are my best friend, and staunchest well-wisher. You have come into my life, enriching it. God bless you. 
Bride: 
I promise to love and cherish you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and honor you, and will strive to fulfill all your wishes.

Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace. 
Bride: 
I will always be by your side.

Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for eternity. 
Bride: 
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, honor and cherish each other forever.

Now please tell me what has Anjali followed?
Anjali is busy leeching off her brother to even built a home of her own.
I am not talking about Shyam here because all of us know what exactly Shyam is.
But Anjali always follows all the rituals and rasams and god knows what else.
How many vachans has she actually followed which she took when she got married?
She failed in the first and second ones .
Rest I am not even getting there.

A woman is considered to be her husband's responsibility after marriage in Indian society.
Anjali is traditional in every way then why the hell is she living at her brother's home instead of living with her husband.
So yes, For once Daadi is right.

Edited by kookie2020 - 06 September 2012 at 1:30am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyrini_katOmNaMaSteOmrima

akanksha_a Senior Member
akanksha_a
akanksha_a

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

Originally posted by akanksha_a

You are so right...That is exactly what I was thinking while watching Anjali-Shyam conversation yesterday. If they cannot live without each other and the family doesnt approve then why cant they move to their own house??? Secondly, Dadi, who claims to believe in 'reeti-riwaaz', is advocating for the son-in-law to be brought back as a ghar jamai. Is that a Raizada/Malik family tradition too??? She made a good point about Anjali being Shyam's responsibilty though.

But then again, if Shyam and not to forget Anjali are not in RM then how will the CVs' story progress? Hence again, for the nth time, logic goes out the window Smile
the story can progress in any way if a writer wants it
i am a writer ask me
they do not use logic and hence the audience cannot accept their pain for anjali
exactly how do the traditional dadi and anjali allow this continuous staying in brother's life?
the story can progress in any way if a writer wants it. That is exactly the point Rima. The CVs can just throw this couple out of RM IF they want to. But it is pretty obvious they dont. Hence we have to say bye bye to logic and hello hi to creepwa Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsy

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:44am | IP Logged
I have been saying the same thing for WEEKS! Let her leave her brother's house and go to her husband IF she thinks he is not in the wrong!

Dadi should also encourage her! NOT try to force Shyam back into Arnav's house! It is HIS house and his prorogative who he allows to live there!

This is totally INTOLERABLE to watch them trying to FORCE Shyam in the house!! It is NOT their house! Anjali should take a stance and leave! I can accept that but not THIS!

In MY opinion if Anjali had ANY self respect and cared about the respect of her husband, then she would say "If you dont want my husband in YOUR house, that is fine, I will however leave with him"!! THAT is her right to do so! But to force people into OTHER people's houses by using emmotional blackmail is TOTALLY un-palatable! They are making Anjali look worse and worse day by day and making the audience DESPISE her!

One, for her weakness! and TWO for her blindness! THEN giving interviews to justify her pathetic behaviour is NOT the way to go! Make her BELEIVABLE! Make her show some DIGNITY! She is a married women, and she has EVERY right to be with her husband! No one can stop her! IF she excercised her right, even if it is the wrong decision, people WILL support her charachter!

BUT no one supports someone who is MARRIED, but lives off her brother's money, and EXPECTS her brother to pay for her HUSBAND as well! It is SO despicable!! WHY should Arnav pay for the life of a LEECH like Shyam?? He KNOWS what he is! Dadi being so "Traditional" and questioning the morals of other people's daughter's NEVER encouraged her daughter to GO to her husband? It is BEYOND stupid and un-beleivable!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 06 September 2012 at 4:00am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

newipkkcagirlakanksha_aChimpsyrini_katOmNaMaSteOmKookiemonsterrima

msin IF-Rockerz
msin
msin

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Why should any adult be anybody responsibility...asking Shyam to be called back in ur brothers house is wrong.. But I would have supported her if she had walked out..

Dadi has seen that Shyam and ANJali love each other and are being kept apart.. Because both of them in their own have said that to her..but again it's Arnav's house... She should have told Shyam to take ANJali to his place and take care of her..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha_aChimpsyMrDarcyfanrima

Go to top