Dadi was right actually (Page 3)

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angels11

Originally posted by rima

...She said Anjali is more of Shyam's responsibility than Arnav's

A married woman becomes her husband's responsibility in India (I find the whole concept of anyone being anyone's responsibility weird. Adults are just their own responsibility).

I think the problem in this show is the misplaced responsibility because Arnav feels his Di will be lost without him and she cannot handle life.

Arnav how about giving your Di a chance to live her life and try living your own?

CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?

Anyone think so?

PS: This is not about anjali or DB. This is about the concept. So comment accordingly.

I ve been yelling this frm the rooftops for quite some time now Rima. I am totally fed up now! if her pati is indeed parameshwar to her then y the hell is she still staying in her brother's house. Why cant she go live with her hubby DAMMIT Angry
kyunki pati ke paas paisa nahi hai na

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyBanaya1

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sampin

And how can a conservative and traditional woman like Daadi support this whole concept?

An   already married couple has to fight against the whole world to live together as a couple in the husband's house...

And a lecher,a murderer is welcomed into his in-laws' house to live as a ghar-Jamai off his BIL's hard earned money!!

Care to explain,dear CV's??!!
exactly
the way dadi was  fighting and saying shyam only wants his wife back
so let him take her and leave and leave asr in peace

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ChimpsyBanaya1..mrinalini..rini_kat

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cagirl

too much to ask for, dear.  heaven forbid we actually get any kind of logic or consistency from the CVs. 

logic and cvs don't go togehter

Edited by rima - 06 September 2012 at 12:10am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsy

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .._sonii_..

Yeah exactly.. I wrote something similar yesterday..

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3181175
will check it out buddy
rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_86

Originally posted by rima

...She said Anjali is more of Shyam's responsibility than Arnav's

A married woman becomes her husband's responsibility in India (I find the whole concept of anyone being anyone's responsibility weird. Adults are just their own responsibility).

I think the problem in this show is the misplaced responsibility because Arnav feels his Di will be lost without him and she cannot handle life.

Arnav how about giving your Di a chance to live her life and try living your own?

CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?

Anyone think so?

PS: This is not about anjali or DB. This is about the concept. So comment accordingly.
I loved that line of yours (in red), how can a grown up/an adult ever be the responsibility of anybody until and unless he/she is mentally retarded or incapable of taking decisions by himself/herself ? An adult woman is responsible just for herself, no one is responsible for her...not parents, not siblings, not even husbandSmile
true
only the completely disabled and children are other peole's responsibilities
anjali is neither
she just has a limp

MamijiChimpsy

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BornThisWay

Well I completely agree with your every word. All I got to say is that "Iss logic-less-ness ko kya naam doon?"
bewakoofi

ChimpsyBornThisWay

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by innocentgreen

good one. When i saw anjali requesting Asr to give back his shyam to her , i was like now ASR take a stand, tell her if u want him then go & stay @ his house.Coming to your post then i agree with your points. when a woman gets married , she becomes the responsibility of her husband & here am talking about emotional phase. if she stays back with her husband ,with other members of her family then rift are more likely to happen. my husband always says that son in law must never become ghar jamai. Coz the respect they deserve in front of in laws diminishes & even the person who is a ghar jamai always becomes a joru ka ghulam i.e his authority diminishes to some extent it is true. When i newly got married, then i faced a lot of trauma coz of interference from my sister in law in my marital life.My life became a living nightmare But  My husband supported me a lot & he never backed away from his responsibilities & i love my hubby 4 that. U are always under scrutiny. And that's why i don't like the concept of anjali's staying under the same roof with her brother. her married life is getting scattered , along with that it is disturbing the happiness of her brother. And my husband always asked me ,"what's there in this serial that u are so addicted to it ". I replied sometimes i see myself in the character khushi, always giving & receiving nothing in returns ...

i understand and agree completely
it is unhealthy for a sister in law to stay and monitor a brother and his wife's life however nice she is
it creates friction
also a ghar jamai is totally disrespected in society
strange that anji stays on despite loving her shyam ji
she does not want her shyamji's respect?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

craziefaninnocentgreenChimpsy

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cagirl

and it's not just a matter of living arrangements...where the hell are shyam's family members?  would have expected a raizada behn/beti to be married into a good family not just to some random dude with no family. 

i am curious to meet the scoundrel's family
which kind of family gave birth to such a criminal
and how did the raizadas allow such a marriage

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cagirlakanksha_aChimpsyrini_kat

Go to top