India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Dadi was right actually (Page 2)

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
Yeah exactly.. I wrote something similar yesterday..

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3181175

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011ChimpsyrimaBornThisWayFazila~

priya_86 IF-Sizzlerz
priya_86
priya_86

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rima

...She said Anjali is more of Shyam's responsibility than Arnav's

A married woman becomes her husband's responsibility in India (I find the whole concept of anyone being anyone's responsibility weird. Adults are just their own responsibility).

I think the problem in this show is the misplaced responsibility because Arnav feels his Di will be lost without him and she cannot handle life.

Arnav how about giving your Di a chance to live her life and try living your own?

CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?

Anyone think so?

PS: This is not about anjali or DB. This is about the concept. So comment accordingly.
I loved that line of yours (in red), how can a grown up/an adult ever be the responsibility of anybody until and unless he/she is mentally retarded or incapable of taking decisions by himself/herself ? An adult woman is responsible just for herself, no one is responsible for her...not parents, not siblings, not even husbandSmile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamijicraziefansun2011Chimpsyrini_katrima

BornThisWay IF-Stunnerz
BornThisWay
BornThisWay

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Well I completely agree with your every word. All I got to say is that "Iss logic-less-ness ko kya naam doon?"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011ChimpsyOmNaMaSteOmrima

innocentgreen Goldie
innocentgreen
innocentgreen

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
good one. When i saw anjali requesting Asr to give back his shyam to her , i was like now ASR take a stand, tell her if u want him then go & stay @ his house.Coming to your post then i agree with your points. when a woman gets married , she becomes the responsibility of her husband & here am talking about emotional phase. if she stays back with her husband ,with other members of her family then rift are more likely to happen. my husband always says that son in law must never become ghar jamai. Coz the respect they deserve in front of in laws diminishes & even the person who is a ghar jamai always becomes a joru ka ghulam i.e his authority diminishes to some extent it is true. When i newly got married, then i faced a lot of trauma coz of interference from my sister in law in my marital life.My life became a living nightmare But  My husband supported me a lot & he never backed away from his responsibilities & i love my hubby 4 that. U are always under scrutiny. And that's why i don't like the concept of anjali's staying under the same roof with her brother. her married life is getting scattered , along with that it is disturbing the happiness of her brother. And my husband always asked me ,"what's there in this serial that u are so addicted to it ". I replied sometimes i see myself in the character khushi, always giving & receiving nothing in returns ...

Edited by innocentgreen - 06 September 2012 at 12:00am

sun2011Chimpsyrini_katrima

cagirl Senior Member
cagirl
cagirl

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

and it's not just a matter of living arrangements...where the hell are shyam's family members?  would have expected a raizada behn/beti to be married into a good family not just to some random dude with no family. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sun2011Chimpsydivyasnrini_katrima

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Harshitha

Looking at the state of the show i would say :

I might go a little off topic dont mind Embarrassed

1) Anjali was an amazing sister before Tongue but not anymore Dead (we should learn how to make a utmost positive character into a negative one from CV's)
true. shw was a sweetheart
2) ASR chants Di as if there is not other word in the world left to say - he has taken the unnecessary action of assuming that he is responsible for his beloved Di who is married & no more beloved for the viewers.
true. this is unhealthy
3) Di is supposedly married so she supposed to be logically keeping the Indian society in mind in her husband's place but that is not happening here at all.
for the pooja thaal carrying traditional di, this is weird
4) She does not like Khushi & ASR proximity that much & but she brags about Shyam & herself.
ASR & Khushi both have this weird quality of thinking they are responsible for what ever happens to their family members.i wish i cud wring khushi and asr's neck for this. i started losing it for anji since that satsang episode

5) ASR acts as if he the only one to protect DI not one else exists other than him. there is nani, mami mama & recent addition dadi in line
and funnily there is no one for his wife
6) No comments for Dadi she is a completely different issue for me - i go pages on her
dadi is a waste
ASR has to a large extent brought this situation to him on his self - Anjali should not be blamed completely.
worst part is he has also created compkications for his wife

sun2011Chimpsyrini_katOmNaMaSteOm

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -SmileAway-

I agree with your post to an extent. What I don't however see eye-to-eye is,

"CVs how about correcting this biggest blooper in the serial where a married woman is fighting a battle to get her legally married husband into her maternal home which is not at all as per Indian culture?"

Why is it frowned upon if the man lives with the woman in her own house?

And yeah, Anjali is no one's responsibility, to be honest. Every adult is responsible for their own actions.

well that is the 'traditional' indian concept in this traditional show

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamijisun2011Chimpsy

rima IF-Stunnerz
rima
rima

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Fazila~

D'oh  Ab in cvs ko main kiya naam doon...If u see the serial from first epi...u will see that Anjali came to stay at RH for 8 days only...God knows when her 8 days will end...Ermm

Gr8 post.Clap...q is...are they listening????Wink
yeah
now that u mention it i remember it was just 8 daysSmile
who knew then it will be forever

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Chimpsyrini_katFazila~

Go to top