Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

RGV -- A Legend who never acted like one.

IAmAHunter Senior Member
IAmAHunter
IAmAHunter

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
I was looking at the  most hated people list...and I saw RGV there. Now irrespective of the way RGV acts...his precense in the list made me sad. 

We are talking about the guy who made Satya, Company --- one of the biggest classics in bollywood..

We are talking about the guy under whom Anurag Kashyap, Shimit Amin, Sriram Raghavan, Madhur Bhandarkar learnt directing..

We are talking about the guy who gave chances to Talents likes Manoj Bajpai, Urmila, Rajpal Yadav, Randeep Hooda, shurabh shukla, Urmila , Vijay Raaz and many more...

We are talking about the guy who gave Rangeela -- greatest musical in bollywood. 

Emotional way he treated Nishabd was genius at work...

And then we can add Kaun, Bhoot, Sarkar, Sarkar Raj, Rangeela...then there are telugu master works like Shiva, Gaayam, Kshanakshanam...Anaganaga oka roju...

Not even forgetting his production works like Ek hasina thee, Ab tak chappan!!!!!

This guy was primarly responsible for bollywood to open its market for parallel cinema...

Showed the true meaning of making films under a certain budget...unlike the bhansalis who spend tonnes to satisfy creative satisfaction irrespective of box office appeal of their theme...

I will stand up and say..and no one can debate that this guy has contributed to bollywood way way way way way way more than karan johar and few candy floss film makers ever will...

sure he is crap now...sure he is down...sure he is talking nonse...but what bothers me the most is diminished respect at which we...the audience talk. Bollywood works on box office...so I do not care. But as audience I think we have to respect of one most important people in Indian film industry...

Many directors who enjoy commercial success in parallel cinema...and many of his assistant directors who have made it big owe it to him...

For the trash he is now,still... it is important for us to respect the man.  

Likes of Karan Johar, Bhansalis..and most commercial film makers in bollywood are no where close to this man over all career considered...not just the present situation. 

For its worth, RGV and Maniratnam can keep making craps...I would still rate them ahead of most bollywood directors baring a few new age ones like Anurag and co !! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

wicckkedbambogli

IAmAHunter Senior Member
IAmAHunter
IAmAHunter

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Even Vishal Bharadwaj who have music for satya...was assistant to RGV !!! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

bambogli IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-koiza-tomnjerry2

tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:11am | IP Logged
LOL @username !!!

Keep-----------Smiling !!!Smile
New_nova IF-Rockerz
New_nova
New_nova

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:16am | IP Logged

In bollywood you are as great as your last film. He made good or great movies in past but now he is out of bollywood.  But he can bounce back if he makes right choice. after all this BW.Ask salman

-koiza-bambogli

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top