Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRKvsDevgn:Exhibitors threatened! (Page 8)

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karaan10

SRK has never lost a face to face battle in the box office remember Jaan e man vs Don?
so chill out people Lalu Devgan will come to his sense other ways is gonna be hell to pay for Ajay, i am not worried what so ever on SOS as it looks like one of those B grade movies,SRK,Yash Chopra,Rehman,Diwali are you kidding me? i remember people were saying that Tell me oh khuda and Damadamm could effected Ra.oneLOLLOL and we all know the outcome Ra.one made (240 cr)
See thats what I am talking abt...LOL

And there are movies called oh Khuda and damadamm???Ouch...OK i will crawl back under my rock now..CryCry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Karan.

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dazzelll

YRF is playing cheap game, and this is a good answer to them by Eros.

Both movies should be played in equal number of theaters. Diwali is a huge market for movies, if movies are good..they will do good business.
Movie making is not a game...its business...do u think if it was ETT releasing instead of SRK's movie...they would have made any compromises...no they wouldn't have ...they would've done exactly what any SANE business man would do...charity thodi na ho rahi hai...that people should compromise...Wink
Mistyy IF-Sizzlerz
Mistyy
Mistyy

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Both movies should be played in equal number of theaters. Diwali is a huge market for movies, if movies are good..they will do good business.
Movie making is not a game...its business...do u think if it was ETT releasing instead of SRK's movie...they would have made any compromises...no they wouldn't have ...they would've done exactly what any SANE business man would do...charity thodi na ho rahi hai...that people should compromise...Wink

ok then they shouldnt complain when Eros is doing the same thing

and if they really cared about the business, they would have shifted the release date. Obviously, for both parties..their ego is more important than the businessTongue
anonymous39 IF-Dazzler
anonymous39
anonymous39

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Eros strategy is stupid anyway.  They are saying they won't let screen movies OMG, Chakravuyh and Aiyya and Bhoot 2?  Hahahah, the distributors would make more money from one Yash Chopra movie than all those small movies like Bhoot 2 and Chakravuyh.  I doubt the distributors care at all.

Ajay Devgan just has a big ego.  He thinks this is his chance to show up SRK after an entire career where he was playing second fiddle to him.  I think Ajay is getting too big for his britches thinking he got some 100 crore movies like Singham and Golmaal 3 and he believes SRK is at a low point.  This is the one point where he thinks he can show off so he doesn't want to lose that chance.

I think he's going to regret it.  SRK is still a huge star irregardless of movies like Ra.one.  This is his strength genre and the music is by AR Rahman.  Not to mention the appeal of a certain Ms. Kaif.  SOS will not be anywhere close.

Edited by anonymous39 - 06 September 2012 at 2:23pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kartiBazingaaglace-bleue

Real.Madrid IF-Sizzlerz
Real.Madrid
Real.Madrid

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
What YRF did before was wrong and what Eros is doing now is the same thing. When both are wrong.. I don't think I should support anyone. I really want both of the movies to be super hits! especially Son of Sardar because I loved the trailer! And the sad part is.. one of them can't even try to be the mature one and change the release date of its movie because otherwise media and people will turn it into something like "Ajay is scared of SRK's star-power" or "Ajay, a bigger crowd-puller than SRK" LOL

ILoveDrama

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blue-ice

ok then they shouldnt complain when Eros is doing the same thing

and if they really cared about the business, they would have shifted the release date. Obviously, for both parties..their ego is more important than the businessTongue

Why can't they complain though??...See if one of them is not smart enough to postpone or prepone the movie then of course there will be a lot of complaining, crying , whining, blaming, pointing fingers, depicting themselves as the victim...these are all the part and parcel of doing business...why should the general public be involved in how they do business...i understand that we criticize the actors but who cares about their business acumen...we have to spend money anyways to see the movieLOLLOL...i don't have an iota of sympathy for these people..LOLLOL
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anonymous39

Eros strategy is stupid anyway.  They are saying they won't let screen movies OMG, Chakravuyh and Aiyya and Bhoot 2?  Hahahah, the distributors would make more money from one Yash Chopra movie than all those small movies like Bhoot 2 and Chakravuyh.  I doubt the distributors care at all.

Ajay Devgan just has a big ego.  He thinks this is his chance to show up SRK after an entire career where he was playing second fiddle to him.  I think Ajay is getting too big for his britches thinking he got some 100 crore movies like Singham and Golmaal 3 and he believes SRK is at a low point.  This is the one point where he thinks he can show off so he doesn't want to lose that chance.

The bold bit: Exactly! Also added to that I think he wants 'mark his territory' on Diwali. After few hits on Diwali...SRK became synonymous with Diwali. Then Aamir was associated with Christmas and Salman with Eid. But for a couple of years SRK didnt have a Diwali release. Ajay took advantage of that released his films on Diwali. But last year he couldnt do that thanks to Ra1. But he has been seething since. He thinks NOW is his chance to finally get Diwali.

Edited by -ksh- - 06 September 2012 at 11:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

starstruckkglace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

Originally posted by anonymous39

The bold bit: Exactly! Also added to that I think he wants 'mark his territory' on Diwali. After few hits on Diwali...SRK became synonymous with Diwali. Then Aamir was associated with Christmas and Salman with Eid. But for a couple of years SRK didnt have a Diwali release. Ajay took advantage of that released his films on Diwali. But last year he couldnt do that thanks to Ra1. But he has been seething since. He thinks NOW is his chance to finally get Diwali.
Diwali per ajay Bhaiya ka Diwala na nikal jaaye kahin??CryCry
BTW what bold bit??

TheRager

Go to top