Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRKvsDevgn:Exhibitors threatened! (Page 7)

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
@ blue ice ... flop is flop ... does not matter if it earned 200 cr... akshay's blue also earned 100 cr ...it is still a flop and bad movie and no one counts it in 100 cr club ,  just like Ra-one 

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheRowdiest

@ blue ice ... flop is flop ... does not matter if it earned 200 cr... akshay's blue also earned 100 cr ...it is still a flop and bad movie and no one counts it in 100 cr club ,  just like Ra-one 
Just because u  say that RA-one is not a 100 cr. movie over and over and over againLOL...will not change the facts...in that other thread I had shown several links..which prove that its a 100 cr movie...about Blue...not sure ...maybe it collected 100 cr world wide and not just in india...whereas RA-1 collected more than 200 cr world wide and more than 100 cr in India...thats why its in the 100 cr. club...to be honest the kind of movies that are in the 100 cr. club...its an INSULT for a movie to be a part of that club..ROFL...RA-one was a bad movie but still it was not a flopLOL
HotMess IF-Stunnerz
HotMess
HotMess

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Actually, according to Hindustan Times, IMDB and boxofficeindia, Ra.One and Don 2 are in the 100 Crore Club.

Ra.One and Don 2 were average and super hit, respectively, and not blockbusters, yes, but that does not take away the fact that they are in the 100 Crore Club. Film statuses are based on profits, and due to the high costs, and low profit margins, those films couldn't achieve blockbuster status. However, the 100 crore club is solely based on revenue, not profit, and therefore despite only being average/hit,  they are still in the club. I am not trying to justify anything, I am just stating facts from sources.

And you know what? I wish Ra.One wasn't. Don 2 was good, but Ra.One, eh. But despite my preferences and your denial, the film is still in that list along with gems (read: trash)  like Bodyguard, Ready and Housefull 2.

Having said this, I don't think SRK is just vying for 100/200 crores. He's probably vying to overcome Salman for now. Because despite making a little over 200 crores, Ra.One and Don 2 still fell behind Ready, Dabangg and Bodyguard. And 3 Idiots is like a far away dream. I kind of don't want any film to beat 3 Idiots yet. LOL

Edited by HotMess - 06 September 2012 at 10:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
i think releasing the movies on the same day will effect both the movies badly...if they release it separately they will have a chance to make 100cr quickly and can beat the record of ETT or make new records, hence called another BB/ATBB. but now with both releasing together none of the movies can get full coverage... or maximum collections.

so the wisest thing for both the producers/distributors would have been to think of their movie first and competition later...  no point in proving who is the better actor when both srk and ajay are good just in different genres.. 

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged

and abt SRK being bigger than ajay ... by having KIng's title ( kaise bhi ) one can't be king ... he does not have a single movie in 100 cr while Ajay has 3 Wink ... and he has much pressure of getting a 100 cr movie and may be even 200 now after ETT 

No SRK is not a bigger star than Ajay because of the title KING...LOLits because Ajay has never reached the height of SRK...ajay is also a superstar and a better actor than SRK...but the height of popularity that SRK reached...ajay could never do that...and most of Shahrukh's movies are much better qualitywise than the trash we have in the 100 cr. club...can a singham and Bol bachchan even come anywhere near Chak de or Swadesh...kehne ko toh Houseful2, Rowdy rathore, Ready, BG, Dabangg, RA-1 sab 100 cr movies hain...but is their any quality in them?? none what so ever...I would prefer a BARFI anyday over these 100 cr movies

As far as the KING title goes...it belongs only and only to Shahrukh...and no one else...when people say KING KHAN...they mean ShahrukhTongue

Edited by blue-ice - 06 September 2012 at 10:46am
Karan. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HotMess

Actually, according to Hindustan Times, IMDB and boxofficeindia, Ra.One and Don 2 are in the 100 Crore Club.

Ra.One and Don 2 were average and super hit, respectively, and not blockbusters, yes, but that does not take away the fact that they are in the 100 Crore Club. Film statuses are based on profits, and due to the high costs, and low profit margins, those films couldn't achieve blockbuster status. However, the 100 crore club is solely based on revenue, not profit, and therefore despite only being average/hit,  they are still in the club. I am not trying to justify anything, I am just stating facts from sources.

And you know what? I wish Ra.One wasn't. Don 2 was good, but Ra.One, eh. But despite my preferences and your denial, the film is still in that list along with gems (read: trash)  like Bodyguard, Ready and Housefull 2.

Having said this, I don't think SRK is just vying for 100/200 crores. He's probably vying to overcome Salman for now. Because despite making a little over 200 crores, Ra.One and Don 2 still fell behind Ready, Dabangg and Bodyguard. And 3 Idiots is like a far away dream. I kind of don't want any film to beat 3 Idiots yet. LOL
Of course they are 100 cr movies...just because someone is yelling from the roof top...doesn't change the factsLOLLOL
Mistyy IF-Sizzlerz
Mistyy
Mistyy

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
YRF is playing cheap game, and this is a good answer to them by Eros.

Both movies should be played in equal number of theaters. Diwali is a huge market for movies, if movies are good..they will do good business.

Edited by dazzelll - 06 September 2012 at 10:48am

TheRowdiest

Go to top