Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRKvsDevgn:Exhibitors threatened! (Page 5)

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:10am | IP Logged

November 13 is a Tuesday Shreya :) But that's only 6 days or so...I'm not sure where the 9 comes in from :S Maybe I misread...

For the YC film to last longer, Aditya Chopra has to have written a good script. That dude is a one-hit wonder (in terms of scripts) though :S

Aish, yeah. Gadar was a much bigger success box office wise. Well one film is bound to be a bigger success anyways.

Starktastic IF-Stunnerz
Starktastic
Starktastic

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:19am | IP Logged
@Choco
Yeah even I have noticed that too. He promoted OSO in grand scale and so was Ra one. But I guess he doesn't really have to do too much since YRF is a big production house who can manage things on their own

@ksh
I think the heat has hit Ajay a bit perhaps cuz of the positive response Chopra's teaser received. Besides it's his production whereas it's not the same case for Shah

Ajay should relax a bit and not worry too much cuz he's riding on the successful BO formula; comedy/action whereas SRK is swimming against a tide here with romanced which is not the best selling genre at present 

@Aishu
It's stupid to even assume SRK booked all theatres. I mean why would he waste his money when YRF has enough power to promote the movie? Stupid journos ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AishMinozaish.

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 3:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

November 13 is a Tuesday Shreya :) But that's only 6 days or so...I'm not sure where the 9 comes in from :S Maybe I misread...

For the YC film to last longer, Aditya Chopra has to have written a good script. That dude is a one-hit wonder (in terms of scripts) though :S

Aish, yeah. Gadar was a much bigger success box office wise. Well one film is bound to be a bigger success anyways.

Now that you have reminded me of Adi's script writing abilities I'll say SoS it is. Even of SoS doesnt have a script people will love it for whatever lame but masala stuff it has.
TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

The usual hypocrisy seen in this thread. When YRF strikes a deal with theatres SRK is the insecure baddie. But its all ok for Ajay Devgan's producers and distributors to make threatening calls to theatre owners and bully them. Looks like these guys got scared seeing the great response to SRK's pictures from his next movie.

hypocrisy ??? LOLso u want Eros and viacom sit down and see YRF taking all the theaters away  LOL ofcourse using Salman's popularity Wink   

I wonder if same thing Eros and Viacom wld have started for SOS then what wld have been SRK's fan's reaction ?????? 

those ppl who didn't find it wrong when Yrf did it, r finding it wrong when Eros and Viacom did LOL

thats also hypocrisy Wink isn't it ? 

so announcing the release date first is hypocrisy and obtaining theatres using ETT is not ROFL

who is stopping them to release their movie on diwali ? no one ...and if they wanna release it solo why don't they postpone it instead of asking others to do it or trying to force other to do it ? ...oh yah pressure of 100 cr na Tongue may be now 150/200 cr 

Edited by TheRowdiest - 06 September 2012 at 9:14am
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheRowdiest

The usual hypocrisy seen in this thread. When YRF strikes a deal with theatres SRK is the insecure baddie. But its all ok for Ajay Devgan's producers and distributors to make threatening calls to theatre owners and bully them. Looks like these guys got scared seeing the great response to SRK's pictures from his next movie.

hypocrisy ??? LOLso u want Eros and viacom sit down and see YRF taking all the theaters away  LOL ofcourse using Salman's popularity Wink   

I wonder if same thing Eros and Viacom wld have started for SOS then what wld have been SRK's fan's reaction ?????? 

those ppl who didn't find it wrong when Yrf did it, r finding it wrong when Eros and Viacom did LOL

Err? Who is expecting anyone to sit down and take it? Ofcourse they will try their best to stall YRF. Have you even read my post. But who am I explaining myself to? This is the same member who thinks it was ok for Akshay dump a movie he produced when he realized it wont be another 100Cr hit AFTER he had pocketed his own profits from the distributors
pria4ever IF-Dazzler
pria4ever
pria4ever

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged

Originally posted by TheRowdiest

so announcing the release date first is hypocrisy and obtaining theatres using ETT is not ROFL

who is stopping them to release their movie on diwali ? no one ...and if they wanna release it solo why don't they postpone it instead of asking others to do it or trying to force other to do it ? ...oh yah pressure of 100 cr na Tongue may be now 150/200 cr 

LOLu r contradicting urself...coolWink

so now will u'll also say tat Aamir Khan starrer Dhoom 3 is also banking on Salmans popularity coz YRF has a 3 film deal with the theatre owners or is it specific to SRKWink...

even before the start of the shooting for Yashji's film it was clear tat it wud have a Diwali release, so y shud they change their dates...SOS wants to release it alongside it, fine, they shud hav planned their strategies accordingly, not react after they got to know YRF's strategyLOL...

TheRowdiest IF-Stunnerz
TheRowdiest
TheRowdiest

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged

Err? Who is expecting anyone to sit down and take it? Ofcourse they will try their best to stall YRF. Have you even read my post. But who am I explaining myself to? This is the same member who thinks it was ok for Akshay dump a movie he produced when he realized it wont be another 100Cr hit AFTER he had pocketed his own profits from the distributors

i think u didn't read my post ... chk ur and my reply ... u'll get it ...

If u used the word hypocrisy for me and akshay shirish issue was in ur mind then yah i may didn't get it ... bcz i was following this topic and was thinking frm this point of view ... was not thinking u r brining other threads issues which r totally different Wink and has nothing to do with this thread ... 

oh yah to prove ur point , bringing other thread issue or other actor is easy way na Wink ... shld I also bring SRK's other threads issues into this ???? D'oh
@bold - btw did akshay tell u this was the reason or farha or shirish ????? Wink  bcz none told me Ouch

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Film making is a business...if both the parties want the theaters booked for their movies...nothing wrong in it...after all when u  invest millions of dollars in a project ...you want to see it succeed and make profit...

But i think that SOS should postpone the release date ...kyoki business mein dil se nahi ..dimaag se kaam liya jaata hai...agar business mein EGO aa gaya...toh problem he problem...Shahrukh is a superstar...a much bigger star than Ajay Devgan...and that is a fact...SRK's movie is gonna kill SOS...so it would be better that they postpone..the date a little bit...If SOS was a Salman movie or an Aamir movie...I would be worried...but an Ajay Devgan movie...nah...lets be practical...a 15 secs teaser and two pics of Shahrukh...and all hell broke loose on internet from twitter to FB...something that SOS couldn't do with a long teaser...SOS doesn't stand a chance in front of SRK's next...if a shit movie like RA-1 collected more than 200 cr. world wide...and people can argue all that they want that RA-1 didn't make profit or is it not a BB..but the fact is that it collected more than 200 cr. because SRK's fans went to watch the movie...and this one is a romance...and no one beats SRK in romance...

As far as I am concerned...I love both Shahrukh and Ajay...so i am gonna watch both of themDancingParty

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Kya.Bolta.Tu

Go to top