Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

SRKvsDevgn:Exhibitors threatened! (Page 4)

tomnjerry2 IF-Addictz
tomnjerry2
tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -ksh-

The usual hypocrisy seen in this thread. When YRF strikes a deal with theatres SRK is the insecure baddie. But its all ok for Ajay Devgan's producers and distributors to make threatening calls to theatre owners and bully them. Looks like these guys got scared seeing the great response to SRK's pictures from his next movie.

LOLLOL 

Keep-----------Smiling !!!! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everaish.

pria4ever IF-Dazzler
pria4ever
pria4ever

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

Originally posted by TheRowdiest

Originally posted by HotMess

^ what games did YRF play? I am confused.

I don't get this war. Both films have the chance to fare well. I mean, it's holiday season!! 

I don't like how Eros/Viacom threatened the theatre owners though. I would just tell them to eff off, because if their upcoming releases aren't shown in those theatres, wouldn't it hurt those films as well and not just the theatres? YRF may have played dirty before, but now they're doing the same, and IDK if YRF still stay quiet.

Dumb crap, ugh.

Yash Raj Films made a deal with theater owners  that all those theaters which showed ETT will show SRK wali movie ... and those r all main theaters and so many that by doing this no proper theater will be left for SOS... so shld SOS distributes sit down and watch the tamasha by YRF ???? Good they have reacted and showed they r also in the business and  they can also do the same ...

YRF has started this and shld feel the heat 

In fact, if sources are to be believed, Khan has already won half the battle. The latest buzz in the trade is that distributors were told to book the same number of screens for Yash Chopra's film as for Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger. In simple words, more than half the theatres will be playing SRK's film, leaving Devgn little room at the ticket window.

Akshaye Rathi a fourth generation exhibitor and distributor tweeted, "Yashji's film has already been signed for all the cinemas across India which is playing Ek Tha Tiger. That takes away the best ones!"

what kind of cheap game?
everyone wants best theaters for their movie ..YRF's next obviously dist.'s 1st preference LOL...

seriously Aiswarya...Team SOS is the 1st to get the promo teaser out, the 1st to annouce the release schedule, 1st to publish articles abt the film shoots etc, however  YRF is the 1st to book theatres hence they r manipulative, scheming...Geez funny lot must sayWink
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pria4ever

Originally posted by aiswaryaaa

Originally posted by TheRowdiest

Originally posted by HotMess

^ what games did YRF play? I am confused.

I don't get this war. Both films have the chance to fare well. I mean, it's holiday season!! 

I don't like how Eros/Viacom threatened the theatre owners though. I would just tell them to eff off, because if their upcoming releases aren't shown in those theatres, wouldn't it hurt those films as well and not just the theatres? YRF may have played dirty before, but now they're doing the same, and IDK if YRF still stay quiet.

Dumb crap, ugh.

Yash Raj Films made a deal with theater owners  that all those theaters which showed ETT will show SRK wali movie ... and those r all main theaters and so many that by doing this no proper theater will be left for SOS... so shld SOS distributes sit down and watch the tamasha by YRF ???? Good they have reacted and showed they r also in the business and  they can also do the same ...

YRF has started this and shld feel the heat 

In fact, if sources are to be believed, Khan has already won half the battle. The latest buzz in the trade is that distributors were told to book the same number of screens for Yash Chopra's film as for Salman Khan's Ek Tha Tiger. In simple words, more than half the theatres will be playing SRK's film, leaving Devgn little room at the ticket window.

Akshaye Rathi a fourth generation exhibitor and distributor tweeted, "Yashji's film has already been signed for all the cinemas across India which is playing Ek Tha Tiger. That takes away the best ones!"

what kind of cheap game?
everyone wants best theaters for their movie ..YRF's next obviously dist.'s 1st preference LOL...

seriously Aiswarya...Team SOS is the 1st to get the promo teaser out, the 1st to annouce the release schedule, 1st to publish articles abt the film shoots etc, however  YRF is the 1st to book theatres hence they r manipulative, scheming...Geez funny lot must sayWink

They thought of EVERYTHING...but not the main thing. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged

@The bold bit: Thats the issue. Both movies can do well at once only of both are good. Otherwise they are doomed.
The best time to release either movie is now. There are no major holidays till Dushera but then there are no major star movie releases either. Otherwise next favorable date is only in April-May 2013(Republic Day and some March dates a already booked). The YRF film is not yet to complete shoot while SoS was complete 6 months back. Ajay should have released his movie in Sept or Oct and got a free run.
Actually I think the people who invested in SoS were very confident of beating the YRF. The genre is in their favor and they thought SRK is now a spent force. But ever since the positive response to SRK's army pictures...they have gotten jittery.
@Nadz: Kehne mein kya hain? Action speak louder than words.
Yep. The contents of both films have to be appreciated to repeat a Lagaan vs Gadar..Also I heard ki the Diwali holiday will allow for an extended 9-10 day weekend = maximum profits. Maybe that's why Ajay planned for Diwali release. He probably assumed the YC film would not be ready in time to release by Diwali so he would most likely get a free run. But YRF seems set on releasing on Diwali so now the battle starts.  

Actually I see both set of fans underestimating both film's power to do well--more SRK's film though. LOL 

LOL, yeah.. SRK is gonna chill since he is not producing this one. The release date, promotions, theaters, all those headaches belong to the producers/distributors which is YRF, Eros/Viacom, and Ajay here LOL 
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

@The bold bit: Thats the issue. Both movies can do well at once only of both are good. Otherwise they are doomed.
The best time to release either movie is now. There are no major holidays till Dushera but then there are no major star movie releases either. Otherwise next favorable date is only in April-May 2013(Republic Day and some March dates a already booked). The YRF film is not yet to complete shoot while SoS was complete 6 months back. Ajay should have released his movie in Sept or Oct and got a free run.
Actually I think the people who invested in SoS were very confident of beating the YRF. The genre is in their favor and they thought SRK is now a spent force. But ever since the positive response to SRK's army pictures...they have gotten jittery.
@Nadz: Kehne mein kya hain? Action speak louder than words.
Yep. The contents of both films have to be appreciated to repeat a Lagaan vs Gadar..Also I heard ki the Diwali holiday will allow for an extended 9-10 day weekend = maximum profits. Maybe that's why Ajay planned for Diwali release. He probably assumed the YC film would not be ready in time to release by Diwali so he would most likely get a free run. But YRF seems set on releasing on Diwali so now the battle starts.  

Actually I see both set of fans underestimating both film's power to do well--more SRK's film though. LOL 

LOL, yeah.. SRK is gonna chill since he is not producing this one. The release date, promotions, theaters, all those headaches belong to the producers/distributors which is YRF, Eros/Viacom, and Ajay here LOL 

Doesnt Diwali fall on a Wednesday? How can there be a 9-day weekend? Confused
I think looking at the trend AD's movie will surely make more money at the beginning. The YC movie though has the potential to last longer in theatres as movies like SoS lose steam in a week's time.  
nishu786 IF-Sizzlerz
nishu786
nishu786

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Good for movie lovers...two big movies r releasing during diwali holidays...

but Producers of both movies will have some heavy loss...North belt will be fully dominated by SOS,in others Srk's movie will dominate.
pria4ever IF-Dazzler
pria4ever
pria4ever

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:59am | IP Logged
@Shreya: Films releasing on Tuesday n the main Diwali is on WednesdaySmile
AishMinoz IF-Sizzlerz
AishMinoz
AishMinoz

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged
@Priya
Yess YRF ppl are manipulative LOL  .atleast they are not using unethical tactics unlike Viacom/eros ...

@Choco
not 2 forget Gaddar was much bigger hit than lagaan ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever

Go to top