Sushpective: The Devils Advocate! - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Sush I have to say  I love it when you put a positive spin to things.

I know you have been put off by the show like most of us and have been away frin If as you did not have any positive things to say...but at times I is about seeing the glass half full...

Don't mean to be condescending or preachy...as I said I love it when you are cheerful...as you have been  my IF guru since the start...

The creatives have to get their leads right and that is smart... Arnie has to be asr and Khushi has to be that small town righteous girl...whenever they mess that up they will not do well.

Shyam and Anji are sideshows always can be fast forwarded...I watch it for Arhi and today they wre good.
Hi Sush (if I may call you that)...

I like your take on today's episode and agree with most of what you say. I thought Khushi asking for Arnav to consider allowing Shyam to meet with di (not bring him back to RM) was kind of keeping with her character (a bit too prone to see the good in others and more trusting of the essential goodness of others). Arnav too was in character when he objected and the way he objected. It was a mature conversation from both sides - they had a difference of opinion (and they will have a lot more in the future) and they handled it well.

Dadi seems to be trying to correct a mistake from the past and until we learn what happened in the past, it is a tad bit difficult to relate to her. I did like Arnav-Dadi confrontation - there were punches and counter punches thrown and nothing was resolved. However, Arnav now has a better idea of why Dadi is back and hopefully will not be caught unawares on this flank again. Also, it gave us a glimpse of how the rest of the family falls on the matter of Shyam's guilt/crimes.

I thought Shyam's manipulation of Anjali was particularly well depicted. One characterization of Shyam that has remained constant is that he really knows how to pinpoint someone's weak points (Buaji, Anjali etc) and then use that to manipulate and get what he wants. Shyam has the advantage over Arnav because all he needs to do is prick Anjali and cause her to bleed and that will automatically cause Arnav to feel the pain too. Arnav will not and cannot win the war against Shyam until he figures out what Shyam's weaknesses are and probably a start would be to dig deep and find out why Shyam came into their lives in the first place. At this point, Arnav is the man exposed with all his achille's heels laid bare for Shyam to go after. Arnav needs to level the playing field or he will lose. He needs to go on the offense, instead of playing defense - because he has a lot to lose and the opponent currently doesn't.
Originally posted by geetmaanluv

great title 

well let me try to be the DEvils advocate... for the women of IPK

ANjali  

i dont want to mince words im not an anjali fan .. that said .. i do watch her scenes. i think people dont see how blindly she loves shyam. so i get y she wants her husband. from her pov he loves her and there is a big MU between him and her brother. arnav n khushi have each other... i get anjali wanting her husband to share her pain.. she does not know how evil he is. i think the cv's mess up when they show her soo insensitive to her family. she know how much they love her. for her to so easily talk abt emotionally blackmailing them .. how she will stop eating till shyam comes... tells shyam dont worry i will handle it... rubs me and i think the audience the wrong way. if they had shown her wanting to leave with shyam bec she loves him .. i would get that. but she keeps trying to get everyone to bend to her desires like a spoiled brat... which i guess due to arnavs coddling and shyams pretending she is. 

khushi

if anjali is spoiled then khushi is too selfless. but i didnt not mind her today. she was a good wife. she looked out for him.. supported him . and i think she should be able to voice her opinion to arnav. if not him then who else. she did say let shyam come meet anjali once she did not say let him move in. khushi was suggesting only to bring comfort to anjali. yes shyam is evil ... if khushi had not agreed with aranv in the end. i would have not agreed with her as well. she has been trying to calm the waters in the house. get things back to normal... and so she suggested a compromise between dadi pov and arnav pov.  nothing wrong with that.. tensions are high and she saw how upset arnav was.

dadi

well all i can think of is old fashioned and out dated thinking. where damad is treated like god. she is thinking i guess traditionally abt anjali life. her first marriage broke, she has a bum leg, she lost her child, this marriage is failing not to mention anjali is very weak emotionally. all dadi sees is when her and shyam want to make it work out y not give it a shot i guess ??? on the flip side she is as stubborn and arrogant as aranv.. but unlike him she does not see when she as made a mistake. she assumes she is right and keeps going... no remorse. 

arnav was no doubt great today.. but they need to show him a little more logically. before the restraining order.. idk how abt divorce papers for anjali and shyam. how long does he think he can keep legally married people apart. this wont happen but he needs to stop coddling anjali and give her some tough love. atleast try to show her shaym true side. try saying that u need to leave the RM if u want to be with shyam back.. see how fast shyam will back out. anjali needs to see the bitter truth. the gurl is delusional and arnav keeps letting her live in a dream world. 

Excellent post! Cant comment on Anjalis scenes today with Shyamu as I didn't watch them... .. Completely agree about Khushi...she Is trying to calm the waters ...asking Arnav to not take a hard line approach...thinking of Anjals comfort...suggesting a modest compromise...nothing long term...    Yes Anjali is delusional...but I am sure there is a reason for it...time will tell...   ARnie is too heavy handed in his approach...his conclusion is right but his approach is wrong...although I don agree that tough love will be the way to go...Anjali needs help figuring this out...not pressure or coddling... Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago
Originally posted by premparbat

Sush I have to say I love it when you put a positive spin to things.

I know you have been put off by the show like most of us and have been away frin If as you did not have any positive things to say...but at times I is about seeing the glass half full...

Don't mean to be condescending or preachy...as I said I love it when you are cheerful...as you have been my IF guru since the start...

The creatives have to get their leads right and that is smart... Arnie has to be asr and Khushi has to be that small town righteous girl...whenever they mess that up they will not do well.

Shyam and Anji are sideshows always can be fast forwarded...I watch it for Arhi and today they wre good.

That's my girl!!! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
Sorry for being so pissed off with the date fiasco... and fast forwarding Shyamus scenes is really helping keeping my cheerfulness ...if I don't see his manipulations and people acting like puppets under them...I have a more positive view of them! He is REALLY ANNOYING!!
Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago
Hello Sush... I am Aakanksha.. I always read ur post, infact look forward to it always. Today, really liked ur positive outlook on the episode. I also feel that Khushi was in character when she was asking Arnav to let Shyam meet Di. Its her inherent good-nature and always looking for goodness in others that made her request Arnav. Hoping that maybe this big tragedy may have changed Shyam. What i liked was the fact, that she did not argue much and conceded with Arnav's POV. Today for once they had an mature discussion and debate on a topic. It speaks a lot abt how far along they have come in this relationship.

Anjali is delusional. Its understandable where she is coming from. Since the time Shyam ouster has happened, no one has sat down with her and put forth all the facts known abt Shyam. Only one talking to her is Shyam himself  and now Dadi, who is also mouthing Shyam fed lies. Though she knows that Arnav cannot be wrong, hence she believes its all a misunderstanding. To top it all, she lost her unborn child. She obviously is beyond logic right now. As of now, she has no clue of all the murder attempts made on her by her husband and that he is actually the one who killed her baby. All she is seeing is her husband wanting to be her side in this moment of their grief. 

Shyam is evil-personified period. Don't have anything to say abt him. I agree with you, watching the show live has this downfall. Have to endure him but I turn my face away whenever he is on screenπŸ˜†

Isn't it great to finally Arnav makes some use of the Shaatir dimag he is so proud of. I completely forwarded shymli today. I don't always do that but after Dadi's words, I just could not take them anymore. Actually dadi is good enough to raise my BP. Some lady she is. Would like to see her face the day snake's truth comes out in front of her.
Originally posted by aakanksha09

Hello Sush... I am Aakanksha.. I always read ur post, infact look forward to it always. Today, really liked ur positive outlook on the episode. I also feel that Khushi was in character when she was asking Arnav to let Shyam meet Di. Its her inherent good-nature and always looking for goodness in others that made her request Arnav. Hoping that maybe this big tragedy may have changed Shyam. What i liked was the fact, that she did not argue much and conceded with Arnav's POV. Today for once they had an mature discussion and debate on a topic. It speaks a lot abt how far along they have come in this relationship.

Anjali is delusional. Its understandable where she is coming from. Since the time Shyam ouster has happened, no one has sat down with her and put forth all the facts known abt Shyam. Only one talking to her is Shyam himself  and now Dadi, who is also mouthing Shyam fed lies. Though she knows that Arnav cannot be wrong, hence she believes its all a misunderstanding. To top it all, she lost her unborn child. She obviously is beyond logic right now. As of now, she has no clue of all the murder attempts made on her by her husband and that he is actually the one who killed her baby. All she is seeing is her husband wanting to be her side in this moment of their grief. 

Shyam is evil-personified period. Don't have anything to say abt him. I agree with you, watching the show live has this downfall. Have to endure him but I turn my face away whenever he is on screenπŸ˜†

Hello Aakanksha...Thank you for posting! Yes you are absolutely right about Anjali...first of all she does not know what Shyam has done to her and her baby...and she trusts too easily...

What can I say about Shyam...I once suggested that they should chuck him out of the scenes and have Amitabh Bachchan just narrate his ill deeds...Obviously that idea didnt gain much tractionπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by caltoon

Hi Sush (if I may call you that)...

I like your take on today's episode and agree with most of what you say. I thought Khushi asking for Arnav to consider allowing Shyam to meet with di (not bring him back to RM) was kind of keeping with her character (a bit too prone to see the good in others and more trusting of the essential goodness of others). Arnav too was in character when he objected and the way he objected. It was a mature conversation from both sides - they had a difference of opinion (and they will have a lot more in the future) and they handled it well.

Dadi seems to be trying to correct a mistake from the past and until we learn what happened in the past, it is a tad bit difficult to relate to her. I did like Arnav-Dadi confrontation - there were punches and counter punches thrown and nothing was resolved. However, Arnav now has a better idea of why Dadi is back and hopefully will not be caught unawares on this flank again. Also, it gave us a glimpse of how the rest of the family falls on the matter of Shyam's guilt/crimes.

I thought Shyam's manipulation of Anjali was particularly well depicted. One characterization of Shyam that has remained constant is that he really knows how to pinpoint someone's weak points (Buaji, Anjali etc) and then use that to manipulate and get what he wants. Shyam has the advantage over Arnav because all he needs to do is prick Anjali and cause her to bleed and that will automatically cause Arnav to feel the pain too. Arnav will not and cannot win the war against Shyam until he figures out what Shyam's weaknesses are and probably a start would be to dig deep and find out why Shyam came into their lives in the first place. At this point, Arnav is the man exposed with all his achille's heels laid bare for Shyam to go after. Arnav needs to level the playing field or he will lose. He needs to go on the offense, instead of playing defense - because he has a lot to lose and the opponent currently doesn't.

Hi Caltoon! Thank you for your post! You make an excellent observation about Shyamu knowing Arnavs weakness and having an upper hand...Shyamus weakness is "money"...but Arnav has not been able to use it effectively against him...Anjali is always the back channel...As you say...ARnie has to stop playing DEFENSE!!
Originally posted by showstruck

Isn't it great to finally Arnav makes some use of the Shaatir dimag he is so proud of. I completely forwarded shymli today. I don't always do that but after Dadi's words, I just could not take them anymore. Actually dadi is good enough to raise my BP. Some lady she is. Would like to see her face the day snake's truth comes out in front of her.

Ah yes...Finally!!! Hope to see more of it!πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by premparbat

Khushi.  Didn't we ALL expect her to ask Arnie to bring back Shyam .  Is it not in her nature to think with her heart and believe in the goodness of people.  She saw a man crying albeit fake tears and believed it to be true and then she saw a wounded sister who needed help and then further saw a broken  Arnie who lost faith in himself.  What do you think her reaction would be  ? To make it all better by whatever means and hence her plea  ' Maybe he has changed. Let's not be unjust and get him to meet  Di.  She is not correct in her assessment  but for now she is not thinking long term , never has.

What I was so happy was about how the entire scene was played with Arnie  questioning her "So ?? "  "Are you kidding me Khsuhi  ?"  For once both had a conversation that involved a difference in opinion and  Arnav did not put his foot down to  say "I am right " and Khsuhi did not continue to argue. To me that was character growth , both handling it in a mature fashion.

Anjali  It is only today that Anji has displayed her total lack of comprehension of a situation and its consequences.  I don't t think she THINKS at all. Other people have done it for her  and has been directed by her brother and manipulated by her husband.  Her husband did a good job of making her feel guilty of losing the baby and planting the thought that had he been around none of this would happen.  As per the entire plan to get her to lose the baby to enter RM according to me is the only way he could have coz  he know that Arnav  tolerated him only coz of the baby.  And now since its gone Anji is fragile and  will need him more.  He did it very cleverly and not once did he bad mouth Arnav but simply played his wife to his tune.  

I would have cheered for Anjali had she once said to her husband that please take me from my brothers  house  and I want to be with you .  It would have done wonders  for her character redemption but that is not the purpose of the cvs who blatantly believe in distorting their characters for their purpose.   The last bit of Anji wanting her husband back  is  Arnie's biggest test. No prizes in guessing ' it is sure to happen. What next is what I'd like to see.

Sush I was okay with today and thought everyone was in character ...

Ratna...
In Red...Absolutely wonderfully written! What a mature conversation that was...! Completely in character...

In Blue...
Makes sense...Gosh...this man will sink to any where to achieve his purpose...YIKES!!

And yes...your point about dismantling the crib...and the way it was done...Totally unnecessary!