Sushpective: The Devils Advocate!

Posted: 11 years ago
Hi Everyone,

First of all let me just say...I sympthasize with people who are watching live episodes of IPKKND...and have to sit through Shyamus crap that he is so freely dishing out...Watching it on the net in my time zone ...it gives me the luxury of completely fast forwarding all the scenes when Shyamu is on...so that I dont have to sit through his crap and I can still feel the show is enjoyable...!!

Cutting that out...the episode today was quite enjoyable ...

Loved Arnavs analytical mind that was put to work in asking questions about Shyam from dadi...on how the hell did she know what kind of person Shyamu was...and quickly getting to the bottom of the truth that the lady has been fooled by Shyamu as well...

Second thing that I enjoyed a lot was the clash between Dadi and Arnav...both had similar arguments ...Which went like...
I will make the call...and take care of the situation...
No I will make the call and take care of teh situation...
I am right about reading people...
No I am right about reading people...
You are naive in believing what is fed to you...
Oh...Yeah? What about you?

At some point in IPKKND history...I enjoyed watching the clash of the titans between Arnav and Khushi about things they believed in...coming from different experiences that shaped their views...

But this time they share a common experience...and that is both of them know how cunning Shyam is and to what extent he can go to manipulate people and take advantage of them...

Contrary to the impression I got from reading the reaction on the board on Khushis take earlier today...I think...Khushi was not suggesting that Shyam should be brought back to RM permanently...but she was thinking aloud...she wanted to consider the possibility that may be he has changed...wanted to see it from Anjalis point of view..and give it a consideration...which is her inherent nature ...which is to forgive ...but she didnt take a strong position about it...she knew well from her experience that it is Arnavs judgement that is right this time...In some circles this is called being the Devils advocate...which means the person present an alternate point of view for consideration...part of a decision making process...

For those who are worried that Khushi will try to convince Arnav that he should bring Shyamu back...Don't...It is Anjali who is the one making that demand...and Khushi will not be the one with the error in her judgement...I think it will be pertinent to wait before concluding that she is doing this because she wants to be "mahan". It is possible that  both Arnav and Khushi will have to yield to Anjalis pleas this time...But this time they will help her see the truth...it may take time...but they will do it...

Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago
i shared that opinion up to a certain extent.. it was Khushi simply being her normal self..
but if she was musing out loud as u said and doesn't seriously consider it as a fact, i'll be way happier!

i hope my trust would be rewarded cz it would be utter crap to show her trusting him even 1 iota!
giving in to the di bhoot's bhook hartaal blackmail is one thing..cz their hands would be tied.
BUT trusting a word of shyam would ruin it all!! so as long as they give in and remain super alert i'll be ok with it..

at least i have the hope that shyam might actually succeed in killing Anjali at least the next time around...the closer he is the better..
i just hope he does it accurately and quickly too!! i had enough of that woman!!
Sush, I did like the episode. The Dadi and Arnav face off was too good, finally ASR got to tell Dadi exactly what was on his mind and I loved every minute of it! Nani and Mami looked as disgusted with Dadi as I was when she brought up their mother's suicide suggesting Anjali would do the same and showing no concern when Arnav spoke about Shyam trying to kill him, it was sickening and I loved Nani finally speaking in Arnav's defense. We now know Arnav has the support of his family, they will not be easily fooled by Shyam like Dadi has been they will remain alert.

As for Khushi, I'm in two minds about her. On one hand I see her completely in character, she never holds grudges against anyone and given the situation I can understand her thinking a meeting between the two could not hurt given it is a loss for both. Khushi does not know Shyam killed his child, none of us saw that coming so from her POV there is no harm in a visit with all of them there to keep an eye on this.

On the other hand, I was completely annoyed by her people can change and we should not be unfair to anyone. Those dialogues just pushed things too far, Shyam is not capable of changing and she of all people should know this well nor should she speak about being unfair given what he put her and Arnav through. One thing I can say for sure is that Khushi is no mahaan character as shown in other shows, things have not reached that point nor will they ever because one thing this show has going for it is that ASR is far from being your typical male lead. The mahaan Khushi will not happen.

I loved Arnav and Khushi's conversation simply for the growth they've made as a couple, the trust that has been built. Did any of us think a day would come where these two could actually have a civil conversation? Where they could understand each other and support the other?? The bond between them has been beautifully formed and for this I give credit to the CVs for a job well done.

I've given up hope with Anjali's character, I can take the denial but not the manipulation. The CVs have ruined her character, no sympathy left for her.
Edited by .Mandy. - 11 years ago
Princess...think about it...if Khushi had not said this to Arnav...and he was put in this position by Anjali...wouldn't it have been harder on him?

The show is heading towards another 3 thappad episode for Shyamu which bumped the TRP up by 0.9...but they have to build up some bad deeds for him...to present another round...otherwise it does not have the same effect...

😃Edited by -Sush- - 11 years ago
great title 

well let me try to be the DEvils advocate... for the women of IPK

ANjali  

i dont want to mince words im not an anjali fan .. that said .. i do watch her scenes. i think people dont see how blindly she loves shyam. so i get y she wants her husband. from her pov he loves her and there is a big MU between him and her brother. arnav n khushi have each other... i get anjali wanting her husband to share her pain.. she does not know how evil he is. i think the cv's mess up when they show her soo insensitive to her family. she know how much they love her. for her to so easily talk abt emotionally blackmailing them .. how she will stop eating till shyam comes... tells shyam dont worry i will handle it... rubs me and i think the audience the wrong way. if they had shown her wanting to leave with shyam bec she loves him .. i would get that. but she keeps trying to get everyone to bend to her desires like a spoiled brat... which i guess due to arnavs coddling and shyams pretending she is. 

khushi

if anjali is spoiled then khushi is too selfless. but i didnt not mind her today. she was a good wife. she looked out for him.. supported him . and i think she should be able to voice her opinion to arnav. if not him then who else. she did say let shyam come meet anjali once she did not say let him move in. khushi was suggesting only to bring comfort to anjali. yes shyam is evil ... if khushi had not agreed with aranv in the end. i would have not agreed with her as well. she has been trying to calm the waters in the house. get things back to normal... and so she suggested a compromise between dadi pov and arnav pov.  nothing wrong with that.. tensions are high and she saw how upset arnav was.

dadi

well all i can think of is old fashioned and out dated thinking. where damad is treated like god. she is thinking i guess traditionally abt anjali life. her first marriage broke, she has a bum leg, she lost her child, this marriage is failing not to mention anjali is very weak emotionally. all dadi sees is when her and shyam want to make it work out y not give it a shot i guess ??? on the flip side she is as stubborn and arrogant as aranv.. but unlike him she does not see when she as made a mistake. she assumes she is right and keeps going... no remorse. 

arnav was no doubt great today.. but they need to show him a little more logically. before the restraining order.. idk how abt divorce papers for anjali and shyam. how long does he think he can keep legally married people apart. this wont happen but he needs to stop coddling anjali and give her some tough love. atleast try to show her shaym true side. try saying that u need to leave the RM if u want to be with shyam back.. see how fast shyam will back out. anjali needs to see the bitter truth. the gurl is delusional and arnav keeps letting her live in a dream world. 

Edited by geetmaanluv - 11 years ago
Sush:
khushi just shared about letting shyamu meet anji once..
she has not said to being him back..
Its early to say anything..
but i think now anji is asking for shyamu..
khushi will make arnie weak to bring him back😕
All i'll say is that the episode was BANGING!!! 

No mood for analysis today but i enjoyed the episode!! It nailed perfectly!!

Hi Sush

My view of today's episode is very unpopular as I LIKED it.  I watched it a second time to confirm my opinion and it remained the same.   Maybe I got up from the right side of the bed but I was able to justify the idiocy which has been so rampant lately in men and women alike. As I have been saying the end is to get Shyam in RM by whatever means available and unfortunately this path has been chosen.

The start with the dismantling of the crib was neither necessary or urgent .  I had hoped the purpose was for HP or someone to find the will but by now it is well established that mind games are played with no real outcome. Of course no harm can come to Shyam even the slightest at this point as he is the golden goose.

Moving on.  The Arnie dadi standoff   - the brilliant 10 minutes . Every single word uttered making impact.  Dare I say it was the return of Arnav Singh Raizada's dimaag !!! 

What I  have made of dadi so far is  her to be a damaged character as well. Her one statement to me was very telling – I could not do anything 14 years ago but now I will make it right .  She carries a burden of the past where she was helpless and took the easy way out to move away to an ashram maybe living in regret.  When Shyam came over who as we know makes prey of  women and their weakness manipulated her well and made her  believe his innocence.  Dadi knowing Arnie and his decision in the past was easily convinced that history was repeating itself and she is needs to save the family and Ajali from the same fate as her mother.   As Arnav said "Dadi sees things as only as she wants and no one can change that …"   Her stance according to me is for her to redeem her mistakes of the past and the stubborn women she is  , she is unwilling to see anything beyond .  I may be very wrong in my deduction but this is how I saw it today. 

Arnie stood by his decision and as Akash had once said that "bhai makes the decisions of the house "  he asserted that the only way Shyam will come here is over my dead body.   I absolutely loved his confrontation and questioning his dadi on what made her come here after 14 years and why does she not go back as he has looked after his sister for all these years and will continue to do so .

Khushi.  Didn't we ALL expect her to ask Arnie to bring back Shyam .  Is it not in her nature to think with her heart and believe in the goodness of people.  She saw a man crying albeit fake tears and believed it to be true and then she saw a wounded sister who needed help and then further saw a broken  Arnie who lost faith in himself.  What do you think her reaction would be  ? To make it all better by whatever means and hence her plea  â€“ Maybe he has changed. Let's not be unjust and get him to meet  Di.  She is not correct in her assessment  but for now she is not thinking long term , never has.

What I was so happy was about how the entire scene was played with Arnie  questioning her "So ?? "  "Are you kidding me Khsuhi  ?"  For once both had a conversation that involved a difference in opinion and  Arnav did not put his foot down to  say "I am right " and Khsuhi did not continue to argue. To me that was character growth , both handling it in a mature fashion.

Anjali  It is only today that Anji has displayed her total lack of comprehension of a situation and its consequences.  I don't t think she THINKS at all. Other people have done it for her  and has been directed by her brother and manipulated by her husband.  Her husband did a good job of making her feel guilty of losing the baby and planting the thought that had he been around none of this would happen.  As per the entire plan to get her to lose the baby to enter RM according to me is the only way he could have coz  he know that Arnav  tolerated him only coz of the baby.  And now since its gone Anji is fragile and  will need him more.  He did it very cleverly and not once did he bad mouth Arnav but simply played his wife to his tune.  

I would have cheered for Anjali had she once said to her husband that please take me from my brothers  house  and I want to be with you .  It would have done wonders  for her character redemption but that is not the purpose of the cvs who blatantly believe in distorting their characters for their purpose.   The last bit of Anji wanting her husband back  is  Arnie's biggest test. No prizes in guessing – it is sure to happen. What next is what I'd like to see.

Sush I was okay with today and thought everyone was in character ...

Edited by premparbat - 11 years ago
I really like your outlook on Khushi's approach to Anjali-Shyam problem.

But I feel she was hasty in her words becuase it shows she has been giving it a thought even before Anjali was suggesting it to Arnav. I think she really could not have considered such an options as giving Shyam another chance after everything he had put her through.

Had this come after Anjali's request I could have been able to sympathise with her more. It would have been logical for her to give it a thought after Anjali asked for Shyam.

What I cant digest is that she was thinking about it even before Anjali's request. That's the main reason I was disappointed.
Edited by CDlove - 11 years ago
Nice post Sush but I hated to see they are portraying women dumb in this show and men are the only one with brain either Hero or Villain.Just can't stand that.