Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest... (Page 46)

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Originally posted by Vistaa

Will share though some of what is running in my mind about Khushi's apparent volte-face. She is all about restoring...restoring happiness, restoring balance, restoring faith, restoring relationships. She is also a past master at leaving bitterness and nastiness behind to begin afresh. And no matter how unbelievable it sounds, but deep down she does feel some responsibility for Anjali's broken marriage. That explains, more than anything else her apparent readiness to give Shyam a second chance...and in this case, losing one's child is a pretty big deal for most sane people. So I can perhaps see where she is coming from in saying what she did to Arnav. Also, she is still not aware of Shyam's murderous attempts on Anjali, past or recent. That does not make it any less dumb, though. She should have known better. More importantly, as you said, she does defer to Arnav's wisdom and does not press her point. Small mercy.  

Visi - I understand your point but unfortunately, the argument is flawed and I beg to differ. This was one major character blip which can't be justified. If Khushi had forgiven Shyam for everything he did to her that would be completely in character and justified BUT Khushi lives and breathes for other people, especially people she loves. How can she forgive him for what he did to her loved ones? I am talking about only Anjali and Arnav here. You mentioned Khushi feeling guilty for Anjali's broken marriage, but wasn't Khushi hurt and disgusted when Shyam told her he didn't love Rani Sahiba and will divorce her in a heartbeat? Fine, Khushi forgave him for deceiving her and the Guptas by falsely getting engaged to her, didn't Shyam hurt and deceive Anjali in the process as well by lying to her? He was willing to divorce his wife while she was pregnant with his child, what incentive does he have to stand by her now that even the child is no longer in picture? What about Arnav? She crossed all lines to save him, she said so herself to Shyam and she would have crossed even more if needed. The two most important people to Khushi - Anjali and Arnav were repeatedly betrayed, tortured and hurt by Shyam. That should not have skipped Khushi's mind at any cost. The writers might think the kidnapping track was an aberration, it was a necessary evil to accommodate BS leave and should be ignored but the reality is, for us viewers, IT HAPPENED! They showed us Khushi using her brain, fighting for her loved ones without thinking about anything for even a split second. The same Khushi who is now being reduced to an amnesiac who is nothing short of a threat to her loved ones. By even considering giving Shyam a second chance, she has let go of the very essence of her character, protecting her loved ones at any cost.
There is no logical explanation or justification for Khushi's request. It was all done in the name of  keeping up with the SP bahu image and to lay the future track where Khushi becomes even more of a doormat and convinces ASR to let Shyam back in. Di might have asked Chotey but Khushi's convincing will most likely be the final nail in the coffin, all DKL. Dead I stayed away from the hangout purposely because I just couldn't take this demeaning of such a beloved character and women in general. I am not a blind naari morcha type person - I am the first one to criticize when women are being dumb, gullible and just plain stupid. But today was not one, not two but three blows to the women folk in general. Today was a living breathing example of certain someone's thoughts "there are more hormones here than a pregnant Anjali" and "these sad women going through mid life crisis who spell questions like "Kostins". I will watch a show for its entertainment value but not when the self-indulgence of the writer is aimed at the audience as a personal vendetta. Character assassination is not the way to satisfy your bloody ego, start a blog and rant away.
I was cringing at Anjali and Dadi as is and might have ignored them completely but Khushi was icing on the cake. Had she said that she knows what Shyam did is unforgivable and insufferable, how he hurt Di and everyone else, it can't be denied BUT the need of the hour is what's best for Di, maybe, just maybe I would have been able to stomach it  just a tad bit. But her complete un-acknowledgement of the facts is unfathomable.
Sorry for the long rant!  I am generally in agreement with your defense of Khushi but today was a lose-lose situation. Sorry!

*Phew!!* Itna ghussa sehat ke liye haanikarak hai, ladki Big smile

Believe me Joey, I am 95% where you are. The above was 5% wanting it's time under the sunLOL Sorry, aadat se majboor. Embarrassed

To your point about forgiveness, I don't think Khushi would have necessarily forgiven Shyam...and would be looking forward to being on back slapping terms with him. But there is a middle ground between outright forgiveness and cautious restoration of channels of communication. I am struggling for words here, but what I mean is, she was suggesting that Arnav allow Shyam to meet Anjali so that the two could jointly grieve their loss. For in her heart, loss of a baby is earth-shaking an event enough to perhaps force even the most evil of men to pause and re-consider their actions.
I don't think that she has forgotten any of his atrocities for a minute, it is just her innate desire to get things right for people around her. Abhi toh she hasn't even seen Anjali's wish to be with Shyam...this was just her reacting to Shyam's nautanki. Again, in her world, marriage, babies, are all so sacred that any glimmer of hope that the villain may be regretting his mistakes, sets her off. Thankfully, ODB was there to question her and more importantly, she deferred to his judgement.

@Bold: You are absolutely right ...that would have made all the difference. It was poor writing for them to have made this omission.

About GH and his rant...jaane dijeye...mitti daliye. Raat gayee, baat gayee.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hriju321joenet1234howcomemaalooshowstruck

IFoverrated Goldie
IFoverrated
IFoverrated

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Mat jao.
Bas

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamzainah09Hriju321maalooshowstruckPr1yankaipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Hriju321

<font color="#009900" size="4">Just hate Dadi...Angry</font>

Let's start cursing and she will die( remember the story from taser jameen par)Die budiya die Dead

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooHriju321ipkbsPr1yanka

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
What a wonderful epi..
Finally the focus is back on the leads and not the wannabe leads.

The kyun dard hai itna was like a breath of fresh air

Big smile

suhanamausamzainah09maalooshowstruckPr1yanka

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:57am | IP Logged
no effing dadi can spoil arnav khushi n the magic of ipk…..but yeah i will definitely give a tight virtual slap to the character of dadi…hmph...

maalooHriju321zainah09showstruckipkbs

Pr1yanka IF-Sizzlerz
Pr1yanka
Pr1yanka

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AM2011

Mat jao.
Bas

awww…this scene is so going in my fav list

suhanamausammaaloozainah09showstruckipkbs

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Bubbly chale gai. apni aatma chor gai. in DI..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooHriju321showstruckPr1yanka

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Originally posted by bobop

Originally posted by AM2011

Mat jao.
Bas

awww'this scene is so going in my fav list

I know rightApprove