Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest... (Page 4)

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Sugar_babe

[I'll SPELL it out for you as EASILY as I can... your USP IS ARNAV AND KHUSHI. Your hike in TRPS after Barun Sobti's return was BECAUSE of Barun and Arnav and Khushi. The moment you went on focusing on Anjali your TRPS dipped. I'm not a statistician, but then, I don't have to be because its common sense. Then again, its not common in all right?

Riya. Totally agree.   It is not only Arnav & Khushi  BUT SMART Arnav and Khushi.

Even during the kidnapping track the Trps though not very high  held up despite Baruns's absence and a lot of BDs  coz Khushi was being smart .

Previously it has been coz ArHI have been outsmarting each other  with their ideologies and challenging each other.

They now have a PERFECT situation of getting together as they are husband and wife and tackling  Shyam.  It can be a long process but please  stick with the leads.

I really am fed up of a crying Anji and a disgusting Shyam.  keep them as a backdrop and a raeson for ArHi to jointly oust Shyam but stop 15 minutes of screen space everday.

Edited by premparbat - 05 September 2012 at 7:06pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630--Sari--sugar_babesoapsuds--sumana13--showstruck.Mandy.ipkbsNewbiesoapfan

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Round 1 will go to ASR tomorrow and then will start the book hadtal and emotional atyachar. The spoiler pic of Khushi smiling happily at her Mehendi back in GH, sort of confirms that he will be able to settle Anji down tomorrow.

The way CV's have butchered Anji has incurred the wrath of so many viewers who fail to differentiate between DB's demands vs what was in the original story line - something I do not a feel sorry about because the CV's just invited trouble with their botched portrayal.

Edited by savvy05 - 05 September 2012 at 7:20pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZisoapsuds--sumana13--premparbatshowstruck--Sari--.Mandy.Newbiesoapfanipkbs

ashwink630 Senior Member
ashwink630
ashwink630

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:23pm | IP Logged
Loved your post Sari. Love the fact that you call it like it is. I absolutely agree with you on every single point. It's time we women stopped swooning over the M&B hero just for his looks and call out what's right and what's wrong. They talk about nayi soch and dish out the same crap on every soap. I applaud you for taking them to task. More power to you.
The miscarriage trauma/ drama was to gain sympathy for Anjali. Maybe something else DB negotiated in return for sporting the bump for a week. Not impressed with her acting. Also noticed that her initials have two letters of the word DUMB;)
Thanks for opening the hangout everyday.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaaloo--Sari--soapsudsshowstruckNewbiesoapfanipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ashwink630

Loved your post Sari. Love the fact that you call it like it is. I absolutely agree with you on every single point. It's time we women stopped swooning over the M&B hero just for his looks and call out what's right and what's wrong. They talk about nayi soch and dish out the same crap on every soap. I applaud you for taking them to task. More power to you.
The miscarriage trauma/ drama was to gain sympathy for Anjali. Maybe something elseDB negotiated in return for sporting the bump for a week. Not impressed with her acting. Also noticed that her initials have two letters of the word DUMB;)
Thanks for opening the hangout everyday.
Dumb ROFL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maalooNewbiesoapfanipkbs

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by savvy05

As Arnav tries to make Khushi understand about her error in judgement and making sure she is in agreement with him, in parallel we have Shyam emotionally blackmailing Anjali at the risk of her own life, feeding her ideas to starve herself and be adamant till her demands are met. One relation in the path of rebuilding and the other destructing.

Love this comparison..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-soapsudsshowstrucksavvy05--Sari--.Mandy.ipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Ratna, did you forget to put the link to Hall of Fame??

Mandy, what is hall of fame?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie---Sari--Newbiesoapfanipkbs

purplenpink Goldie
purplenpink
purplenpink

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged

Sari, thanks for another edition and the title says it all! Why can't this soap have one thinking woman who seems err closer to reality?

I liked the confrontation/conversation scenes that you have highlighted Sari: ASR-Dadi and Arnav-Khushi. The husband wife scenes are actually quite nice and it's really good to finally see actual conversations between the duo where each is presenting their viewpoint. Also, I like the way the contrasting facets of Arnie's personality come to the fore in such scenes.  

That said, my cynicism now runs deep. I would actually like to see something concrete and sustained coming out of this. If we will see Arnav eventually bending to Anjali's planned manipulations and Khushi supporting Shyam's return then all of this is obsolete. The sole purpose then having been to create a few seeti bajaoing moments and keep ASR fans happy.

I understand that Shyam is essential to the plot for what is a love story without a villain plus he likely has a role to play in the past too. However, his return has been engineered in such a ludicrous manner and at the cost of all other characters who are being dumbed incessantly.

And lastly my gripe about the miscarriage depiction on Friday. I said it before but it continues to rankle- why such a gruesome depiction of the gory act when the glass shards and the injuries they caused have been completely forgotten? I know we have the no logic pact but someone recovering and being up and about a few hours after that horrific accident goes beyond the realm of disbelief even.

Apologies for the dampener. To end on a positive note I hope the Arhi focus will be back once they move to the past and all those on the missing persons' list will be making an appearance soon- Mamaji, Babuji and Payal (day 2 she's been MIA. Yup, I'm keeping trackWink)

Oops, totally forgot- Rabba Ve allHug

Edited by purplenpink - 05 September 2012 at 7:40pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZizainah09soapsudspremparbatshowstruck--Sari--savvy05.Mandy.Newbiesoapfanipkbspolly_mk

honeypriya IF-Sizzlerz
honeypriya
honeypriya

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Sari, let me kindly take the liberty to forward your post to the screenplay writer who wrote this dumb pageant last night - an episode which otherwise excelled, was just marred when he decided to show that khushi could even think of one-time meeting between the estranged "bereaved" lubhers !!!!

I could still accept last night' Anjali - she is an excellent case of  clinical dependency and there are always cases where a person's emotions in vulnerable state can be manipulated beyond their sanity...I'll take it as that to give the writer some benefit of doubt...

But no way for Khushi...coz no one knows or faced the evil better...not even ASR...it was like "forgiving" your rapist moment !!! And CVs seriously wanted to show that...isnt one Gopi enough for SP !!!

Excellent post hun, take a bow...each point bang on...

But cant believe I have dumbed or stumped myself, as I have watched the epi already 3 times - coz ASR was outstanding last night  at each frame he was there in those 22 mins- more than that BS was par excellence...bang on expressions...

will be off for few days, but no way will be missing your post !!!

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

newipkkcelacallydashwink630yogifalu-Pallavi--Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaaloozainah09soapsudsserialwatcher16premparbatshowstruck--Sari--.Mandy.ipkbsNewbiesoapfanpolly_mk

Go to top