Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest... (Page 3)

grtgirl Newbie
grtgirl
grtgirl

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
First and foremost, love your writing, it is totally bang on :) I completely agree with you, so much for the "aaj ki nari" deal, supporting the wrong doer is just not acceptable under any circumstances especially from our KKGSR, I hope the CVs have some back up plan to save grace. Keep up with your good work, love reading your post.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZimaaloomomb24Hriju321showstruck--Sari--soapsuds--sumana13--.Mandy.ipkbssbk2

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Sari, fab post.
I'm going to rate these women on the dumb scale and hand out the trophies.
The Dumb title goes to khushi - for believing someone who kept her husband in captivity, nearly burnt him alive, harassed her constantly and left her in the middle of the road to get run over, can be redeemed.

dumber goes to dadi - for believed an ajnabee over the grandson she brought up. Just because he cried makes him innocent? Eh naw!

And Miss Dumbest is our very own Di. For everything.
not enough space on the hangout to list her faults.

Edited by ipkbs - 05 September 2012 at 6:37pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZimaaloomomb24Hriju321showstruck--Sari--soapsuds--sumana13--sbk2

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ipkbs

Sari, fab post.
I'm going to rate these women on the dumb scale and hand out the trophies.
The Dumb title goes to khushi - for believing someone who kept her husband in captivity, nearly burnt him alive, harassed her constantly and left her in the middle of the road to get run over, can be redeemed.

dumber goes to dadi - for believed an ajnabee over the grandson she brought up. Just because he cried makes him innocent? Eh naw!

And Miss Dumbest is our very own Di. For everything.

Di is dumbest when it comes to Shyamji. But she is not when it comes to Chotey. She is "situational dumb"

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-maaloosoapsuds--sumana13--premparbatshowstruckipkbssbk2

Mepharm IF-Rockerz
Mepharm
Mepharm

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Be back after a little dekho of ELI MANNINGBig smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

--Sari----sumana13--showstruckNewbiesoapfanipkbssbk2

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by reguser

Nice post Sari. According to me, CVs are indirectly making us dumbest by watching this insanity. 

I don't want to personify Anjali and Khushi's innocence. They can never exist in real life. No woman, like Khushi, can forgive a man who has lusted her and tried to kill her husband. Not even for any family member.  

And about Anjali, may be such characters exist in real life. But family won't accept them. I know one of our family friend whose daughter fell for a wrong person. The guy was a goon and she was adamant in marrying him irrespective of family's opposition. Finally, the family took a strong stand (they were very mild people) and asked her to go and settle down with that goon and not to come back. They were worried for their another daughter's safety. So what they are showing about Anjali's manipulation and family bending down is not real. 

Pallavi - You are so right...why didn't I think of that...We are analyzing & writing about it too...LOL That sure makes us the dumbest but only if we blindly support their portrayal...Agree, Anjali's desperation was not pleasant to watch...If they diagnosed her with a mental illness, I can watch her but otherwise she is insulting to womankind...They should stop showing her.

Hi Sari,

I think DB made the biggest mistake of asking for more screenspace and center stage.  I remember there have been times when BS, SI , Abhaas & Akshay have made a stink of what they have been asked to do but it has been in the right spirit.  DB went public with her discintent and now is paying a price.  Not saying that the cvs are doing it intentionally ...but a character which was not well fleshed before how can it turn very meaty . 

She was not meant to be strong and she is not doing weak very well.  Pativarta  and blind faith does not belong to this millenuim.  Now that she is made to do it she has become an equally hated character as Shyam.  the cvs have totally misread their audience where Anjali is involved.

in recent SBB i saw here to be very happily narrating her part and I was wondering - Hey girl - what is so graet about falling the steps and loosing your baby.  It is very insensitive you cannot be happy about it  in real and in reel life.

As for redemption I wont be surprised that she suddenly wakes up tomorrow and acts all normal...

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

AtyayMoon_light-Maggie--Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZimaaloo--Sari--soapsuds--sumana13--showstruckNewbiesoapfanipkbssbk2polly_mk

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Hey Sari!!

Fab post, espcially deciphering the scene between Arnav and Khushi!

Anjali... I don't get it. I really don't.
Love is blind and so is trust... but there is life and it teaches you and gives you opportunities to start thinking... its hard to believe nothing has gotten inside her yet. Even a wife in a middle-class family knows when her husband starts having an affair. She shuts up due to circumstances and because she more often than not does not have a choice. What is Anjali's excuse again? Hold on to a perfect world?
I have a perfect world too where I get that 3.95 GPA and go work for a hawty firm on Wall Street. Dream, yes? Realistic? Well, I know my capability so when it doesn't happen, I will not slip into depression. I'll simply get up and dust myself.
That's how most 21st century females are... why can't they be a tad bit more realistic with Anjali then?
I feel like the creatives, who scream orthodox men are flipping me the bird each time Anjali comes onscreen. And frankly, I have no patience.
Creatives, Gul, Nizzar, Mr. Ganesh, I forwarded all the scenes that had your golden boy NOT Barun, but Abbhas in them today.
There's a threshold, I have a very huge one, but you're walking on thin ice.
I'm not the "dumb demographic" you think you're aiming this at.
Being educated is one thing, being intilligent is another. What are you trying to prove with bullshit like this? That your demographic (in India and elsewhere) is dumb? And that we'll buy tales like this?
I'll SPELL it out for you as EASILY as I can... your USP IS ARNAV AND KHUSHI. Your hike in TRPS after Barun Sobti's return was BECAUSE of Barun and Arnav and Khushi. The moment you went on focusing on Anjali your TRPS dipped. I'm not a statistician, but then, I don't have to be because its common sense. Then again, its not common in all right?

I was pleasantly very surprised with my affinity to Dadi's character today. She's a by the book character. She unlike Anjali is very relate-able. And she's reacted to the way she should be. The way most people would react towards her actions and accusations. I could relate to Arnav today, I hate it when my grandmother questions decisions my siblings make or the ones my mom has made and more often than not, I speak up (politely). But, point is, she is dealt with the right way.

I know a lot of people were upset with Khushi today. But, they were true to her characterization today. The girl has always been Dil and only DIl. It was pure Dil vs. Dimag today between Arnav and Khushi which is one of the foundations of this show.
She knew it was wrong, which shows that she still has that dimag she used during the kidnapping track, but this was different and bigger than her emotions at the moment because she really wanted to help Anjali and stop seeing Arnav hurting. Hence.

PS, W*F is with the freaking medicines?! Its just annoying. Stop.That.Crap.

I'm gonna leave you all a song... get your spirits up! :D

Edited by sugar_babe - 05 September 2012 at 6:56pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

celaAtyayashwink630yogifalu-Maggie--Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZimaaloo--Sari----sumana13--showstruckMepharm.Mandy.Newbiesoapfanipkbssbk2polly_mk

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi Sari,

I think DB made the biggest mistake of asking for more screenspace and center stage.  I remember there have been times when BS, SI , Abhaas & Akshay have made a stink of what they have been asked to do but it has been in the right spirit.  DB went public with her discintent and now is paying a price.  Not saying that the cvs are doing it intentionally ...but a character which was not well fleshed before how can it turn very meaty . 

She was not meant to be strong and she is not doing weak very well.  Pativarta  and blind faith does not belong to this millenuim.  Now that she is made to do it she has become an equally hated character as Shyam.  the cvs have totally misread their audience where Anjali is involved.

in recent SBB i saw here to be very happily narrating her part and I was wondering - Hey girl - what is so graet about falling the steps and loosing your baby.  It is very insensitive you cannot be happy about it  in real and in reel life.

As for redemption I wont be surprised that she suddenly wakes up tomorrow and acts all normal...

@Bold - Equally hated? I guess you don't go out of this hangout. Just take a stroll outside and you will come to know who is hated the most LOL

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-soapsuds--sumana13--showstruck.Mandy.ipkbssbk2

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
Sari...Fabulous post!! I was so happy with the episode initially that I should known it was too good to be true and crap will follow...Your title is the perfect way to describe it...Anjali I skipped over as she is dumb to begin with so if she is winning this dumbest title, I wont be a bit surprised...Dadi I didn't expect anything else from her but Khushi was just ridiculous...I dont care if it was DKL, but seriously how many times has she been traumatized by this man? Its her character blah blah blah but come on already...he freaking tried to kill her husband and her...Is your shatir dimag on loan to Arnav??
Arnav and Dadi faceoff rocked..he does have a Shatir Dimag Clapyay.. much to my surprise...yet to be seen if it decides to take residence or goes back to Hawaii where it was in hiding according to Ippy or he gives it back to Khushi...Arnav and Khushi scene was lovely until she dropped the Shyam bomb...So overall Arnav was the star of the show today..and our boy sure brought it home...Please give the women a chance to shine dammit..they are more than capable of doing it!

Edited by zainah09 - 05 September 2012 at 7:37pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-maaloo--Sari--soapsuds--sumana13--showstrucksavvy05.Mandy.ipkbsNewbiesoapfansbk2

Go to top