Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

   
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Spice Girls Hangout:Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest... (Page 28)

Polkadots78 Goldie
Polkadots78
Polkadots78

Joined: 20 July 2012
Posts: 1402

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:21am | IP Logged
How should I enjoy IPK without getting emotionally attached??
I used to skim over Shyam scenes in the past.. yesterday I simply changed the channel in the second half. I am sure Abhas is an excellent actor and is very effective..but isn't his paap ka ghada overflowing..even for the standards of a daily soap?

OK IPK is my first ever daily Indian  soap.. and I don't want to give up on it..and neither do I want it to affect my mood for the whole day.. pointers from the veterans of Indian telly soaps pls...

That said I am almost wistful missing khushi's velvet tents.  when is she going to get out of this Mehendi dress.. I am getting very uncomfortable and reaching out for a deodorant every time I see the leads on screen.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloo--Sari--Newbiesoapfan

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Joined: 19 February 2012
Posts: 3279

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

 
Will share though some of what is running in my mind about Khushi's apparent volte-face. She is all about restoring...restoring happiness, restoring balance, restoring faith, restoring relationships. She is also a past master at leaving bitterness and nastiness behind to begin afresh. And no matter how unbelievable it sounds, but deep down she does feel some responsibility for Anjali's broken marriage. That explains, more than anything else her apparent readiness to give Shyam a second chance...and in this case, losing one's child is a pretty big deal for most sane people. So I can perhaps see where she is coming from in saying what she did to Arnav. Also, she is still not aware of Shyam's murderous attempts on Anjali, past or recent. That does not make it any less dumb, though. She should have known better. More importantly, as you said, she does defer to Arnav's wisdom and does not press her point. Small mercy.  
 

Visi - I understand your point but unfortunately, the argument is flawed and I beg to differ. This was one major character blip which can't be justified. If Khushi had forgiven Shyam for everything he did to her that would be completely in character and justified BUT Khushi lives and breathes for other people, especially people she loves. How can she forgive him for what he did to her loved ones? I am talking about only Anjali and Arnav here. You mentioned Khushi feeling guilty for Anjali's broken marriage, but wasn't Khushi hurt and disgusted when Shyam told her he didn't love Rani Sahiba and will divorce her in a heartbeat? Fine, Khushi forgave him for deceiving her and the Guptas by falsely getting engaged to her, didn't Shyam hurt and deceive Anjali in the process as well by lying to her? He was willing to divorce his wife while she was pregnant with his child, what incentive does he have to stand by her now that even the child is no longer in picture? What about Arnav? She crossed all lines to save him, she said so herself to Shyam and she would have crossed even more if needed. The two most important people to Khushi - Anjali and Arnav were repeatedly betrayed, tortured and hurt by Shyam. That should not have skipped Khushi's mind at any cost. The writers might think the kidnapping track was an aberration, it was a necessary evil to accommodate BS leave and should be ignored but the reality is, for us viewers, IT HAPPENED! They showed us Khushi using her brain, fighting for her loved ones without thinking about anything for even a split second. The same Khushi who is now being reduced to an amnesiac who is nothing short of a threat to her loved ones. By even considering giving Shyam a second chance, she has let go of the very essence of her character, protecting her loved ones at any cost.
There is no logical explanation or justification for Khushi's request. It was all done in the name of  keeping up with the SP bahu image and to lay the future track where Khushi becomes even more of a doormat and convinces ASR to let Shyam back in. Di might have asked Chotey but Khushi's convincing will most likely be the final nail in the coffin, all DKL. Dead I stayed away from the hangout purposely because I just couldn't take this demeaning of such a beloved character and women in general. I am not a blind naari morcha type person - I am the first one to criticize when women are being dumb, gullible and just plain stupid. But today was not one, not two but three blows to the women folk in general. Today was a living breathing example of certain someone's thoughts "there are more hormones here than a pregnant Anjali" and "these sad women going through mid life crisis who spell questions like "Kostins". I will watch a show for its entertainment value but not when the self-indulgence of the writer is aimed at the audience as a personal vendetta. Character assassination is not the way to satisfy your bloody ego, start a blog and rant away.
I was cringing at Anjali and Dadi as is and might have ignored them completely but Khushi was icing on the cake. Had she said that she knows what Shyam did is unforgivable and insufferable, how he hurt Di and everyone else, it can't be denied BUT the need of the hour is what's best for Di, maybe, just maybe I would have been able to stomach it  just a tad bit. But her complete un-acknowledgement of the facts is unfathomable.
Sorry for the long rant!  I am generally in agreement with your defense of Khushi but today was a lose-lose situation. Sorry!


Edited by joenet1234 - 06 September 2012 at 12:39am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

suhanamausamashwink630IF_Rockscicilia9momb24fareemaaloo--Sari--sugar_babeVistaa-Jamba-Hriju321NewbiesoapfanPr1yanka

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Joined: 03 January 2012
Posts: 13077

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bobop

Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by bobop

Honest to God..I has a splitting headache when the episode ended'


Priya- hope you are feeling better & minus the headache...

yes, for once things are out in the open'.Most often in IPK land, only 1 or 2 know the whole truth'Khushi knows most of it except the babuji stuff'So it was a welcome change to see dadi being exposed to all'.Clap Maybe it's the kekta'ish approach...everything happens in a party...LOL


hi guys..missed the chit chat'was out 2 celebrate hubby's bdaySmile'@sari'fab fab post'n yes my headache is definitely better '.waise kekta weird confusions create karne aur maintain karne mein koi kam nahin thi'queen of all vamps and pativrata bahus dramas
 
Doc - hi-fi -- my hubby's b'day is also on Sep 5th !!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pr1yanka

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Joined: 10 February 2006
Posts: 7317

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by sugar_babe

Hey Sari!!

Fab post, espcially deciphering the scene between Arnav and Khushi!

Anjali... I don't get it. I really don't.
Love is blind and so is trust... but there is life and it teaches you and gives you opportunities to start thinking... its hard to believe nothing has gotten inside her yet. Even a wife in a middle-class family knows when her husband starts having an affair. She shuts up due to circumstances and because she more often than not does not have a choice. What is Anjali's excuse again? Hold on to a perfect world?
I have a perfect world too where I get that 3.95 GPA and go work for a hawty firm on Wall Street. Dream, yes? Realistic? Well, I know my capability so when it doesn't happen, I will not slip into depression. I'll simply get up and dust myself.
That's how most 21st century females are... why can't they be a tad bit more realistic with Anjali then?




Loved your post Sugar...Especially these parts...Clap Realistic portrayal is what we look for but this seems like someones perception of women...Maybe someone delusional like Shyam writing this one, hoping his wife would worship him like Anji does...LOL



Its nauseating. I really wish GH wasn't such a "" ; there's a word and a girl band associated with the word I want to use.. and quit twitter. There's a lot of SMJ I'd like to throw his way. Hell, equal female rights was preached as the first episode!


Edited by sugar_babe - 06 September 2012 at 12:47am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cicilia9Newbiesoapfan

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Joined: 03 January 2012
Posts: 13077

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AM2011

Yeh lijiye

Dee ke iss brahma astra
se hogaye Bhaiyya kshatigrast
lene chale the restrainig order on dee husband
Yahan dee is fixed on one and only emotion
Ab  maan chuke hain woh apni haar
Kyunki dee ko kain keval apne se pyaar

 
Wah Wah -- aapne tho DKL siggy bhi badaldiya ! Bilkul right -- Di only loves herself.
 
Khushi -- please heal kshatigrast bhaiyya rather than fixing anji!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedcicilia9maaloo

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Joined: 03 January 2012
Posts: 13077

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by sugar_babe

Hey Sari!!

Fab post, espcially deciphering the scene between Arnav and Khushi!

Anjali... I don't get it. I really don't.
Love is blind and so is trust... but there is life and it teaches you and gives you opportunities to start thinking... its hard to believe nothing has gotten inside her yet. Even a wife in a middle-class family knows when her husband starts having an affair. She shuts up due to circumstances and because she more often than not does not have a choice. What is Anjali's excuse again? Hold on to a perfect world?
I have a perfect world too where I get that 3.95 GPA and go work for a hawty firm on Wall Street. Dream, yes? Realistic? Well, I know my capability so when it doesn't happen, I will not slip into depression. I'll simply get up and dust myself.
That's how most 21st century females are... why can't they be a tad bit more realistic with Anjali then?




Loved your post Sugar...Especially these parts...Clap Realistic portrayal is what we look for but this seems like someones perception of women...Maybe someone delusional like Shyam writing this one, hoping his wife would worship him like Anji does...LOL



Its nauseating. I really wish GH wasn't such a "" ; there's a word and a girl band associated with the word I want to use.. and quit twitter. There's a lot of SMJ I'd like to throw his way. Hell, equal female rights was preached as the first episode!
 
You're up still Diya?
Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Joined: 03 January 2012
Posts: 13077

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Polkadots78

How should I enjoy IPK without getting emotionally attached??
I used to skim over Shyam scenes in the past.. yesterday I simply changed the channel in the second half. I am sure Abhas is an excellent actor and is very effective..but isn't his paap ka ghada overflowing..even for the standards of a daily soap?

OK IPK is my first ever daily Indian  soap.. and I don't want to give up on it..and neither do I want it to affect my mood for the whole day.. pointers from the veterans of Indian telly soaps pls...

That said I am almost wistful missing khushi's velvet tents.  when is she going to get out of this Mehendi dress.. I am getting very uncomfortable and reaching out for a deodorant every time I see the leads on screen.
 
Polka ji -- my sentiments exactly... wonder how they do the initmate scenes... maybe that's why the hugs are not as they should be :-)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cicilia9Polkadots78

cicilia9 Goldie
cicilia9
cicilia9

Joined: 17 March 2012
Posts: 2294

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AM2011

Originally posted by cicilia9

Originally posted by AM2011

Yeh lijiye

Dee ke iss brahma astra
se hogaye Bhaiyya kshatigrast
lene chale the restrainig order on dee husband
Yahan dee is fixed on one and only emotion
Ab  maan chuke hain woh apni haar
Kyunki dee ko kain keval apne se pyaar


shaatir dimaag ki kardi hai sayani di ne aisi marammat
dadi or jeejaji ke love par concentrate karne ki bhi nahi rahi unme himmat
abhi abhi to vacation se vaapas laute they janaab 
par di ke aasoon kar diya unko vaapas kharaab
audience ko ab phir wait kareka padi for the return of shatir dimaag
hopefully trp auntiya ho na jaaye rakh in this bad story telling ki aag !!!


ok this the officially the worst one Ouch  


serial mein chahee thi leads ke shaadi ki dhoom

Par  kahani mein chaya hain doom hee doom

Kahan to sab ne chaha tha romance

par zaaalim cvs ne maara chance pe dance

diya keval dee kaa manipulative stance

Darshan mushkil ho gaye Arshi ke in this trance


Mine is worst.Angry

 

 


ehmmm ehmmm clears throat

naari shakti ki naam par dekhkar cvs ki ye nayi chaal
kal raat se hi hui masala ladkiya behaal 
humein lagata hai ho gayi gu gul ji ke andar baithi naari
tabhi to di n dadi ke baad koosie ji ko hui gayi delusion ki bimari
aise mein hum jaise addicted audience ki hi lag rahi waat
kahin tang aakar remote uthaaya to show ki khadi na ho jaaye khaat !!!!!!!ShockedShocked


dedicated to all the sgs who watch the epi no matter how bad it gets ... if only to rant LOL yours truly included Embarrassed



Edited by cicilia9 - 06 September 2012 at 12:56am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IFoverratedmaalooNewbiesoapfan

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Sushpective:Arhi inject spice into Payash Story!!

2 3 4 5

Author: -Sush-   Replies: 38   Views: 5772

-Sush- 38 5772 30 November 2011 at 11:14pm by sbk2
And I thought Gopi was the dumbest character on TV

2 3 4 5 6

Author: meera30   Replies: 46   Views: 4980

meera30 46 4980 08 November 2011 at 11:56am by minuu
Guptas are the dumbest creatures of the universe

2

Author: aura9   Replies: 11   Views: 1400

aura9 11 1400 29 October 2011 at 2:12am by aura9
Anjali Di is officially the dumbest Raizada!!!

Author: Nrp77   Replies: 7   Views: 1098

Nrp77 7 1098 26 October 2011 at 11:20am by Millerrr88
show has lost its spice!

2 3

Author: neelamra   Replies: 17   Views: 2765

neelamra 17 2765 18 August 2011 at 4:43am by ananya2000

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index