Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest... (Page 2)

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:58pm | IP Logged
Sari...

It sure looks like it - a case of Dumb and Dumber...

IN the beginning of the week itself it was hinted in a newspaper article that Khushi will do something to create a rift between herself and Arnav...and so I was prepared...I knew it that the CVs will make Khushi the donkey to carry the load - of the foolish decision to bring that vicious animal Shyam back into RM.

It doesn't matter if she meant bringing him back for one meeting or permanently...what stunned me is her stupid dialogue of "Na insafi nahin honi chahiye" and thinking that Shyam may have changed...

Why do the writers show the women of the house this stupid? How can Khushi even stand the sight of Shyam? How can she even think of letting him in, even for one meeting with Di?
THis is not just a cheating spouse we're talking about...this guy almost had Arnav and her killed, he openly confessed his crimes and evil intentions to her...she is well versed with his nature...
Never mind her care and concern for Di...where the heck are her brains?! How on earth could she think its a good idea to bring Shyam back?!

Haven't these people heard of counselling, psychiatrists, treatment for depression, etc?

Who is writing such stupid tracks?

And why, why why are all the main women in this story portrayed so foolish?
Yesterday apparently the new tag line said something along the lines of " Who will go against Arnav's wishes and bring Shyam back to the house"?

Dadi is here mainly to  upset the apple cart of Arhi marriage with the past skeletons...so I doubt she will bring Shyam back...its only Khushi who can go against Arnav...

It is extremely frustrating to see the writers of this show constantly dumbing down other characters, especially Khushi, to glorify either the villain or the male lead. 

Today Arnav was the only one who seemed to possess brains...finally his dimaag woke up from slumber and he knows Shyam can never change...

I am stunned at Khushi though...

Anjali...I won't mince words - I hate her as of now. She is the most selfish, manipulative, self centered character of IPK...she and Shyam are actually made for each other...Dead
They are harmful to the people who love them and care about them...

This woman is more concerned about having her husband back by hook or by crook.

She has been shown pretty mature and understanding in the past...howcome she is so stupid and dumb when it comes to her own husband?
Very poor characterization...

Oh...and I loved how ASR gave it good to that domineering Hitler Dadi...I loved the way the told her she should not have come back...it was he who took care of his Di...

You go ASR Clap

Alas...its him against a mob of foolish women in RM...

Edited by sbk2 - 05 September 2012 at 6:23pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

Sahana2Atyayashwink630-Maggie-ArHi_4ever-Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZimaalooSiri22Hriju321savvy05--sumana13--premparbat--Sari---monalisa-soapsuds.Mandy.NewbiesoapfanInfofanipkbspolly_mk

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Nice post Sari. According to me, CVs are indirectly making us dumbest by watching this insanity. And here is the proof that we are the dumbest (Ippy's post):

I don't want to personify Anjali and Khushi's innocence. They can never exist in real life. No woman, like Khushi, can forgive a man who has lusted her and tried to kill her husband. Not even for any family member.  

And about Anjali, may be such characters exist in real life. But family won't accept them. I know one of our family friend whose daughter fell for a wrong person. The guy was a goon and she was adamant in marrying him irrespective of family's opposition. Finally, the family took a strong stand (they were very mild people) and asked her to go and settle down with that goon and not to come back. They were worried for their another daughter's safety. So what they are showing about Anjali's manipulation and family bending down is not real. 

Edited by reguser - 05 September 2012 at 6:10pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaalooHriju321--Sari--soapsudsserialwatcher16--sumana13--.Mandy.ipkbs

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged

Great Epi, I liked it overall..ASR's brain is back from Hawaii..Clap

What I liked - ASR earning back the title Shaatir Dimaag.

Khushi being ASR's pillar and encouraging him that he can fix things, giving him strength. Khushi being in tune with ASR, knowing when he's about to blow, grabbing the glass off him etc.Big smile

Seeti baja moment - Dadi being told to get lost. Go ASR tell her how it is. You did everything for 14 years for the batty sister. Not her.Dancing

Disliked ' Khushi saying Shyam could have changed. No babes. He has not. Will not. Ever! Cvs, this is IPK and Khushi.. Check your script again..Don't do this to my girl ok...I saw a certain bahu defying her MIL today.. Go bring that script back yo!Thumbs Down

Hated ' the evil manipulating loopy woman.. How dare she say she will not take davai or food unless its from Shyam, just to get him back. "Hum sambhalenge" You will, will you? How dare you betray our Chotte...Angry

And Dadi called Chotti Museebat. Oh no you didn't Dadi. You are the Museebat! We were happily eating chanas, jalebis, gol gappas and looking at Sallu posters and analysing whether Chotti's zip being open 1cm meant they did it? or did not do it?until you arrived with the truck full of glycerine and a big massive hammer to bang on our heads.Ouch

Sobti and Sanaya were awesome today all the way through..Star

DB.. Can cry and whimper bas. Nani has the best eye rolls. Akash has the best blank face. Mami looked lost..Sleepy

Bas. Thats all folks.Tongue

and bring Jiji Back! Hume humari Jiji wapas Chahiye!!!!

Edited by ipkbs - 05 September 2012 at 6:11pm

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

celaAtyaySahana2-Pallavi-cicilia9-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaaloozainah09fareeHriju321savvy05soapsudsserialwatcher16--sumana13--premparbatshowstruck--Sari--.Mandy.Newbiesoapfansbk2Pr1yanka

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by reguser

Nice post Sari. According to me, CVs are indirectly making us dumbest by watching this insanity. 

I don't want to personify Anjali and Khushi's innocence. They can never exist in real life. No woman, like Khushi, can forgive a man who has lusted her and tried to kill her husband. Not even for any family member.  

And about Anjali, may be such characters exist in real life. But family won't accept them. I know one of our family friend whose daughter fell for a wrong person. The guy was a goon and she was adamant in marrying him irrespective of family's opposition. Finally, the family took a strong stand (they were very mild people) and asked her to go and settle down with that goon and not to come back. They were worried for their another daughter's safety. So what they are showing about Anjali's manipulation and family bending down is not real. 

Pallavi - You are so right...why didn't I think of that...We are analyzing & writing about it too...LOL That sure makes us the dumbest but only if we blindly support their portrayal...Agree, Anjali's desperation was not pleasant to watch...If they diagnosed her with a mental illness, I can watch her but otherwise she is insulting to womankind...They should stop showing her.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

celaashwink630-Pallavi--Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaalooHriju321zainah09showstrucksoapsudsserialwatcher16--sumana13--.Mandy.sbk2Newbiesoapfanipkbs

Sahana2 Senior Member
Sahana2
Sahana2

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
Sari - Thanks for the post. I do admire your dedication to give us this hangout day in and day out where we can vent, rant , share our happiness and a lot more.

Watched the epi on my iphone (did i say yesterday that I was full on detox Wink ) . Just loved the Arnav -Dadi confrontation . The scene was perfect, the actors delivered and yah!! , the mumbling was a lot better todaySmile

Was very disappointed when Khushi pleaded Shyam's case in front of ARnav. Much expected but my SKD was different. Thank God, he stuck to his ground and that was the end of the conversation. 

I completely agree with you when you say , why go through the miscarriage trauma if all was needed for Anjali to plead to her brother. That would have been much more palatable than teh cruelty they showed since last Friday. Yes, Anji is demented , we know that. We also know that ASR will do anything for her, all she needs to do is ask and that is what she did today. I don't think ASR will win this time. But Shyam's entry is needed , enough of the hide and seek between Anji and Shyam. I'd rather have him in RM under the watchful eye of ASR. Hopefully Anjali brings his downfall. 

They are doing a very bad job with Dadi's character, enough said Angry

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Atyayashwink630-Pallavi--Maggie-lazylad8-FauZizainah09maaloo--Sari--showstruckserialwatcher16--sumana13--.Mandy.sbk2ipkbsNewbiesoapfanpolly_mk

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
@sari: Loved Dumb Dumber Dumbest pageant... LOL The one thing that is positive, atleast for now, is the growth in ASR and Khushi's relationship. Thats as of now, at a very happy place. Another positive thing in this show is Nani.. the disgust on nani's face when ASR deduced that dadi met shyam before was really good.. 
Akaash has joined the ladies gang.. and payaliya seems missing...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-lazylad8-FauZisoapsuds--sumana13--showstruck--Sari--Newbiesoapfanipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
The most unnecessary scene in my opinion was Khushi asking Arnav to let Shyam meet di. He didn't agree, she accepted his opinion. Then why again despite pleas from all over the forum not to ruin khushi's character anymore, CVs do it? I am afraid to think tomorrow we will see a repeat of this request when the Anji manipulating scene continues. Yesterday after all the discussion in the last thread and all over the IF, I had hopes that Khushi won't be made to ask for shyam's return. But, it happened. So, no hope on that front.

As Anji wants Shyam back, let Arnav not cave into her demand and let the object of hate for everyone turn complete dark. It us overwhelming how much hate Anji has generated. But, after today I guess she deserves it.

Edited by showstruck - 05 September 2012 at 6:59pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Pallavi--Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaaloofareeHriju321zainah09soapsudsserialwatcher16--sumana13----Sari--.Mandy.sbk2ipkbs

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by reguser

Nice post Sari. According to me, CVs are indirectly making us dumbest by watching this insanity. 

Pallavi - You are so right...why didn't I think of that...We are analyzing & writing about it too...LOL That sure makes us the dumbest but only if we blindly support their portrayal...Agree, Anjali's desperation was not pleasant to watch...If they diagnosed her with a mental illness, I can watch her but otherwise she is insulting to womankind...They should stop showing her.

Exactly. Show that she is mentally ill - show doctors saying that her **never existed** brain cells started appearing with some **chemical luchcha**. So till then she should be kept under observation otherwise she is a threat to herself, her family members and finally the viewers.

Then I can buy this. Because I am scared of mentally ill people (not all, the ones like Anjali) and try to show my sympathy to them in order to avoid any physical/mental harm. 

Edited by reguser - 05 September 2012 at 7:00pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-lazylad8-FauZimaaloozainah09showstruck--Sari--soapsuds--sumana13--.Mandy.sbk2Newbiesoapfanipkbs

Go to top