Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Qualities of an Ideal Bahu - article (Page 3)

yhm_craze IF-Rockerz
yhm_craze
yhm_craze

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vibz88

Does any of this help in real life Confused?
i am with you waiting for the answer! Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tvShaunSA

Chaccha IF-Rockerz
Chaccha
Chaccha

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged

I doubt it. I know that MILs are type-casted into evil draculas, but not all of them are horrible. Some are only horrible sometimes, Vibz, like when they gather into groups with other MILs and then, one starts complaining and then, all of them start complaining. Or when the DIL doesn't want kids and the MIL wants a cricket team of grandkids. Or when the MIL is a clean freak, but the DIL isn't that much of a clean freak (true story!) and how because the DIL couldn't bear with the cleanliness, she was provoked into running away from the house. You know, stuff like that.

(I know I didn't help a bit!) LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tvyhm_crazeShaunSA-Eris-

-Eris- IF-Stunnerz
-Eris-
-Eris-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RachP

I doubt it. I know that MILs are type-casted into evil draculas, but not all of them are horrible. Some are only horrible sometimes, Vibz, like when they gather into groups with other MILs and then, one starts complaining and then, all of them start complaining. Or when the DIL doesn't want kids and the MIL wants a cricket team of grandkids. Or when the MIL is a clean freak, but the DIL isn't that much of a clean freak (true story!) and how because the DIL couldn't bear with the cleanliness, she was provoked into running away from the house. You know, stuff like that.

(I know I didn't help a bit!) LOL
uuf the trouble of marrying the entire family rather than the man Cry. Grr the mil on tv usually ends up loving the dil but things never happen like that in real LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tvChacchaShaunSAyhm_craze

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Qualities of an ideal bahu... actually we can point and laugh at saas/bahu serials but they do have some sense in them Tongue

From my own experiences with my mil...

Treat her like your own mother. Never ever differentiate between the two. She may seem like a witch to you but this is the same woman who raised the man that you love. How bad can she actually be?

If her son is happy she will be happy. Make him happy and half the battle is won. 

Making him happy involves being able to prepare a fairly decent meal that includes all his favorites. Learn her favorites too and make them without her asking.

Be able to handle a household. That includes cooking, cleaning, washing, scrubbing. Hired help and the washing machine and dishwasher are fine but they are not always there.

Know how to manage finances. Don't be lavish. Be frugal and make wise economic decisions. You won't earn her admiration by frittering away hard-earned money irrespective of whether it is yours or his! 

Always ensure that your family progresses. That's all she wants to see. She wants to know that one day when she is gone her son and his family are in great hands.

Remember that one day you will be in her position. Treat her the way you want your future dil to treat you!

And last but not least... love her son... and make sure it shows!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarinailike_tv-Archana-yhm_crazeChacchaDivineDarkness

-Muskii- IF-Sizzlerz
-Muskii-
-Muskii-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharingSmile
yhm_craze IF-Rockerz
yhm_craze
yhm_craze

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
i am not married so not really an expert but i think the key to any successful relationship is the willingness to give a person a chance, not to have preconceived notions that just because a person is your MIL or DIL, a loving relationship is not possible...not the perfect success formula but i am sure its the way to start...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tv-Archana-ShaunSA

farheen.raji IF-Dazzler
farheen.raji
farheen.raji

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
tfs

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSA

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Like button has gone doolally again.  In my mind.  The only ideal MIL/DIL relationship there is is one that is separated by distance.  It does not have to be far but enough to keep your independence.  You will respect each other more.  Extended family is one thing but you need your own breathing space as a couple without worrying about the others.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ilike_tv-Archana-yhm_crazeShaunSA-Muskii-

Go to top