India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Qualities of an Ideal Bahu - article

NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Ever thought what does it take to be a doting bahu? Well, you don't always have to rely on what you see but follow your heart. Whether its Akshara, Sandhya, Jeevika, Gopi or Sushila all of them share an amazing chemistry with their sasumaas. Today, these ladies are going to share some simple secrets that go into making an ideal bahu. Let's hear them out.
STARONE.IN

Don't try to change yourself", says Khushi

The most important ingredient that goes into making an ideal bahu is to just be yourself. Don't try to change yourself for others. The perfect example in this case would be Khushi. Have you ever thought what would happen if our bubbly and vibrant Khushi suddenly starts behaving seriously? We all love her for what she is and she has also managed to win the heart of the Raizadas with her qualities.

"You don't demand respect, it's mutual", says Jeevika
Treat you in-laws just the way you would treat your own parents. Show that you respect them and you will receive the same in return. Jeevika for example has settled in well with Viren's family. They love her more than anything else. In a very small period of time she has mingled with them efficiently, don't you think so?
"Treat your mother-in law as a good friend", says Gopi
You always ensure to clear the air about any doubt with your mother, then why behave differently with your mother-in-law? Just follow the same thing at your in-laws place too. Treat your mother-in-law as your own mother and let her realize that she holds a very important position in your life. Gopi shares everything with Kokila and this has worked wonders in their relationship.
"Be affectionate", says Sushila
Clashes are ought to happen if you are staying in a family. But the golden rule is to ignore everything and tackle things easily. Handle things lovingly rather than make it worse. Sushila and Sandhya too follow this and have emerged as winners when it comes to gaining their in-laws' love and affection.
What kind of relationship do you share with your in-laws? Do share any other points which you think may help. Also, let us know which bahu and in-law relationship you like the most.

Wasn't sure if it had been posted before!!

From StarPlus website.

Edited by NazmaJ - 05 September 2012 at 5:24pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadThamanna85ShaunSAswasthiyhm_crazeChacchaJustlikethat1-Muskii--Eris-DivineDarknessDEEPZzzzani_gr

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
TFS Nazma.
All answers makes sense for a happy family and I love Gopi's answer. I have seen a similar relationship and being your MILs friend really is recipe for a happy Mon-Daughter relationshipTongue

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinaShaunSAChacchaNazmaJani_gr

Chaccha IF-Rockerz
Chaccha
Chaccha

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
The ideal bahu exists only in the screen. If there was an ideal relationship in real life, we would have zero complaints. Pinch

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinamunnihyderabadShaunSAswasthiJustlikethat1NazmaJani_grDivineDarkness

NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RachP

The ideal bahu exists only in the screen. If there was an ideal relationship in real life, we would have zero complaints. Pinch

My relationship's pretty ideal!!

I'm in England my MIL is in Pakistan!!LOL She rings me and I'm sweetness and light!! When I answer the phone that is!!

Edited by NazmaJ - 05 September 2012 at 7:31pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

.Gianna.XarinaShaunSAChacchaJustlikethat1ani_grDivineDarkness

Chaccha IF-Rockerz
Chaccha
Chaccha

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NazmaJ

I'm in England my MIL is in Pakistan!!LOL She rings me and I'm sweetness and light!! When I answer the phone that is!!

Thank the lord for Caller ID, Nazma! LOL
LOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinaShaunSAswasthiJustlikethat1NazmaJani_gr

NazmaJ IF-Sizzlerz
NazmaJ
NazmaJ

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by NazmaJ

Thank the lord for Caller ID, Nazma! LOL
LOL

She rings my mum more than she rings me!! They love chatting about all sorts!! I'm content with small talk!!
I have been known to throw the phone to my mum and tell her it's an International call so it must be for her!!

XarinaChacchaShaunSAswasthiJustlikethat1ani_gr

svpg Groupbie
svpg
svpg

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
The joke is that none of these bahus are married in Real life.It is definitely a lot easier to preach!!But Practise what you preach is a different story altogether!! :-))

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

XarinaShaunSAani_gr

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

i so agree rachana... 

it is all reel life funda of ideal bahu.. 

thanks nazma.. read it on EHM forum yesterday 

XarinaChacchaShaunSAswasthiani_grDivineDarkness

Go to top