Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Something to ponder over-Should Daljeet be blamed? (Page 2)

Poll Question: Regarding the screen space thing, should DB be blamed?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
33 [10.93%]
30 [9.93%]
17 [5.63%]
222 [73.51%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Punkin22 IF-Rockerz
Punkin22
Punkin22

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Thank you for your post and for your comments.  And I agree with what was said and commented.  The problem for me is that I cannot separate DB/Anjali.  I just fast forward her.

Redux said several days back that SP had hired a PR firm to help DB with negativity.  Is their answer to add more time on screen for Anjali and less Khushi?  That will not help the situation but could acerbate the problem.

I don't know what could help at this point but if they give a positive Anjali that will help ArHi further their relationship/marriage. Perhaps.

Thank you for post...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1kkksrJayneMrDarcyfanprincessunara

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

i am stuck b/w 1 and 4

but as i blame her more..as she acted as the catalyst i pick the 1st one!
otherwise i don't know who is responsible i wanna throw up everytime i see or hear about Pujali in the show!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sprinklekkksrSaraJLMrDarcyfan

sonapari IF-Dazzler
sonapari
sonapari

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Punkin22

Thank you for your post and for your comments.  And I agree with what was said and commented.  The problem for me is that I cannot separate DB/Anjali.  I just fast forward her.

Redux said several days back that SP had hired a PR firm to help DB with negativity.  Is their answer to add more time on screen for Anjali and less Khushi?  That will not help the situation but could acerbate the problem.

I don't know what could help at this point but if they give a positive Anjali that will help ArHi further their relationship/marriage. Perhaps.

Thank you for post...
Only one thing will help...
Less poojali & more Khushi,arshi scenes...
It worked before...
That's only track which will make viewers watch whole ipkknd episodes without ff ...
Poojali darshan...enough...just stop,...for our sanity's sake...stop torture...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sprinklemayuri099Punkin22MrDarcyfanprincessunara

xAaliya IF-Stunnerz
xAaliya
xAaliya

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
I blame both CVS/DB The damage of the show has already been done.

sprinklekkksrMrDarcyfanprincessunara

Aubade. IF-Sizzlerz
Aubade.
Aubade.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
I wouldn't blame DB at all. It's her right as an actor. They could have shaped Anjali's role and life to be a much better track than it is, and one that indulges ArHi as well. I liked the story handling two weeks back where they managed to do 3 tracks with equal weightage : the ArHi track, the Garima Dadi track and the Shyam track. But again they have lost control. When DB demanded screen space she didn't say what to do in the story. If they moulded Anjie to a self sustaining woman after Shyam left her and someone who told she is going to help Arnav and Akash run the family, I would have been prouder, ArHi would be intact, Shyam track would be fun to watch (coz he has to try harder to get inside Shaantivan), DB would be happy and TRPs would be good. But no. Because majority of the viewers of this show are the youth, we are not going to buy it. But had it been a saas bahu serial, this show would be rocketing coz despite our best efforts to change, our women still enjoy other women's tears. And now all I can tell the CVs, is to stick to the track and mold the characters into someone better, be it as a hero or as a villain.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1naina_rainasprinklesparikhrini_katMrDarcyfanxAaliya

lilmzsunshine Goldie
lilmzsunshine
lilmzsunshine

The show went on air with a clear theme - it was supposed to be a story of two siblings, and their respective individual lives, yet closely intertwined with each other.

The CVs started off real well.  The two stories developed beautifully and were intertwined quite well too.  But the CVs came to a point where they ditched one in favor of the other, probably because of public demand to see ArHi romance.

So, obviously the actors will have a say about it.  If they had ditched the Barun-Sanaya line, then those two would have something to say about it too. 

So, to rectify their mistake, they, I feel, did somewhat of a decent job in giving screen space, and the story did pick up, but now they've come to a similar point as before.  They'll either compromise the big picture if they don't tread carefully, or one of the other couples will again be sidelined.

That said, it's a very tough spot to be in - they deal with our rants and reviews, and change the story line to accommodate our views.   THAT is something I feel they shouldn't do.  Be consistent with a story line, stick to your vision - you're the professional, not us.  If you're consistent, and good at what you do, it'll show in the serial.  

So, I don't think DB is to be blamed at all.   She did what any professional would have done.  I actually feel it was very nice of her to not just quit.  

If we think about it - how  much longer do you think they're going to focus on her?  I imagine the forum will be in an uproar if they focus on her for more than two weeks.   TRPs will be down.  And if they don't unite ASR-Khushi again, they'll get hate mail.  

So, I'm sure Daljeet knows this screen space and attention to Anjali is temporary.

In my opinion the CVs need to think long term and come up with a roadmap for Anjali's character, and work on it.   Build up the Shyam story a little longer, and then end it permanently.  Then show how Anjali puts herself together.  Have her move on - positive or negative.  Either will be a treat to watch.  She can either take the ASR route and become very cynical, cold and distrusting.   Or they can have her be a strong woman, one she realizes she hasn't been, and then rebuild her life ... bit by bit.

Eitherway, Daljeet has talent, the CVs just need to dig deep and showcase it properly.  There's a wealth of ideas out there - they just need to think.

-S

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sprinkleherebedragonsmeshassparikhrini_katMrDarcyfan

Erika1 Goldie
Erika1
Erika1

Ouch

Edited by Erika1 - 14 September 2012 at 2:24pm

sprinklerini_katMrDarcyfanprincessunara

_Maya_ Goldie