India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Tarred with the same brush!

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:56pm | IP Logged

Purvi needs a kick in her shins for abandoning Arjun at the last minute but deserves a worse fate for bundling him up hastily and delivering him in gaily colored wrapping and fancy bows (his wedding attire) to her tantrum throwing sister who had been kicking her heels because of the mere fact she had seen the doll first, years ago plus had wanted it badly for the last 5 years!  No matter the doll was not hers to have and that wanting doesn't necessarily make something yours!  Purvi too has treated Arjun no better than a Ken doll, a mere possession to be tossed hither and thither.  She has very kindly bestowed him upon her whining sister who has been making a din about wanting the doll for herself.  Both sisters have no value for love, both claim to love the guy, one thinks she can have him for the asking merely because she wants him; the other thinks she has him so she can gift him away without compunction; after all he is hers to dispose of how she chooses.  Neither truly loves him, alas!  They are both tarred with the same brush, that of Archana's values – one by way of blood, the other by way of upbringing.  The two girls like their mother sit so high on a pedestal that they believe they are beyond the reach of reproach, one sits ensconced in her egocentric selfishness, the other in her mahaanta.  It was Arjun's mistake to get embroiled with these two girls. 

Arjun is not blameless in this charade. Purvi lost the rights to his love when she contemplated gifting him for the sake of her mother's elusive marital happiness.  A guy with sense would have bolted, post haste out of that mandir, out of that mantap, out of Mumbai on to a plane straight out to Canada.  Weakling that he is, he is now contributing to the already sad state of affairs in Mumbai with his tears, the flash flood situation has just worsened near the Karanjikar/Deshmuck residences.  He has proved beyond a doubt that he is nothing but a Ken doll, Ovi had him pegged right from day one.

As for Ms. Mahaanta, she is precariously balancing her giddy dreams of resting her head on old man Manav's shoulder on a 19 year old's senseless sacrifice and another 19 year old's cold-faced blackmailing.  I am sure Mother Mahaanta is properly grateful to both daughters for temporarily safeguarding her la la land dreams of living happily ever after with a man who has no gumption to claim her as his wife, a man who is lily-livered in the face of his mother's treachery and daughter's high voltage dramas.  The husband must be preening himself, he could not give his daughter the toy she wished for but she has so cleverly procured it for herself as ill-gotten gains.  Double cause for celebration, his pretty wife has landed plonk into his household (hopefully) forever without him moving a finger, thanks to his daughter who carries his inherited gene for selfishness.  I wish the lady (Mahaanta) luck, the waters have gotten a little more sullied and a lot murkier around the Deshmuck household with the advent of the unwilling son-in-law.  I bid adieu to Pavitra Rishta and welcome the melodrama, Apavitra Rishta which I might watch from time to time for comic relief and a hearty laugh.    

The following 36 member(s) liked the above post:

usitaramdap14Sankiess4123nowseenpurvishettysimpletruthpigglywigglyARluv16butuna-QH-reshma28pujli07namitagloryzsamisweethrtBrokengirldolce123abhimgaditty--Jenelle--ramki1Axiomampliphy..PlayfulKiss..100prabhjdronamrajuKittya_CullenFireLordPhoenixbee5sunflower52AshlaikaAnAvidReaderbonibrightnycsweetieblueocean_787pallavi25

pari87 Goldie
pari87
pari87

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
I love this post. So rightly said. This show should be nominated under sci-fi, horror show or outright comedy genres in the TV awards. Everything that happens in the show is outside the realm of regular middle class families. The whole family is retarded starting right at Savita following down the path with Manav Archana and now their kids. I feel I have wasted quite an amont of time watching this little piece of shit and now after this it's just time to stop. I quit PR when the whole Varsha drama took place and Archana giving more importance to her maika than her husband. I understand attachment to your mother, but sacrificing your family, kids and husband for that is just not right. 

Anyway after the generation leap I only watched it thinking ARVI is bringing some positive relief to this crazy dramatic saga of BS. However, this Arjun-Ovi wedding is all I needed to nail PR in the wall as one of those shows I am never getting back to again. Killing my brain cells over creatives that don't seem t have passed their SSC exams is not worth any intelligent person's time. 

Will stick to my Breaking Bad and Suits for normal men and women and normal dramas. 

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

SankieARluv16simpletruthpigglywigglyadittynamitagloryzBrokengirl..PlayfulKiss..ramki1Axiom.Nikki.soapwatcher1blueocean_787pallavi25

ameilia IF-Sizzlerz
ameilia
ameilia

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Purvi needs a kick in her shins for abandoning Arjun at the last minute but deserves a worse fate for bundling him up hastily and delivering him in gaily colored wrapping and fancy bows (his wedding attire) to her tantrum throwing sister who had been kicking her heels because of the mere fact she had seen the doll first, years ago plus had wanted it badly for the last 5 years!  No matter the doll was not hers to have and that wanting doesn't necessarily make something yours!  Purvi too has treated Arjun no better than a Ken doll, a mere possession to be tossed hither and thither.  She has very kindly bestowed him upon her whining sister who has been making a din about wanting the doll for herself.  Both sisters have no value for love, both claim to love the guy, one thinks she can have him for the asking merely because she wants him; the other thinks she has him so she can gift him away without compunction; after all he is hers to dispose of how she chooses.  Neither truly loves him, alas!  They are both tarred with the same brush, that of Archana's values ' one by way of blood, the other by way of upbringing.  The two girls like their mother sit so high on a pedestal that they believe they are beyond the reach of reproach, one sits ensconced in her egocentric selfishness, the other in her mahaanta.  It was Arjun's mistake to get embroiled with these two girls. 

Arjun is not blameless in this charade. Purvi lost the rights to his love when she contemplated gifting him for the sake of her mother's elusive marital happiness.  A guy with sense would have bolted, post haste out of that mandir, out of that mantap, out of Mumbai on to a plane straight out to Canada.  Weakling that he is, he is now contributing to the already sad state of affairs in Mumbai with his tears, the flash flood situation has just worsened near the Karanjikar/Deshmuck residences.  He has proved beyond a doubt that he is nothing but a Ken doll, Ovi had him pegged right from day one.

As for Ms. Mahaanta, she is precariously balancing her giddy dreams of resting her head on old man Manav's shoulder on a 19 year old's senseless sacrifice and another 19 year old's cold-faced blackmailing.  I am sure Mother Mahaanta is properly grateful to both daughters for temporarily safeguarding her la la land dreams of living happily ever after with a man who has no gumption to claim her as his wife, a man who is lily-livered in the face of his mother's treachery and daughter's high voltage dramas.  The husband must be preening himself, he could not give his daughter the toy she wished for but she has so cleverly procured it for herself as ill-gotten gains.  Double cause for celebration, his pretty wife has landed plonk into his household (hopefully) forever without him moving a finger, thanks to his daughter who carries his inherited gene for selfishness.  I wish the lady (Mahaanta) luck, the waters have gotten a little more sullied and a lot murkier around the Deshmuck household with the advent of the unwilling son-in-law.  I bid adieu to Pavitra Rishta and welcome the melodrama, Apavitra Rishta which I might watch from time to time for comic relief and a hearty laugh.    

@blue so true.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1Ashlaika

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Deepika, beautifully said Clap truly crappy!! Suits is a favorite of mine too. Sensible and intelligent, cannot wait for the season to start up again.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Sankieramki1Axiompari87Ashlaikablueocean_787

Axiom Goldie
Axiom
Axiom

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
So wickedly ruthless Janhvi!  Clap

I loved it - every word!  Clap

I only wish the CVs/Production house/Producers/Channel could get a taste of this rapid fire verbal tongue lashing which is rightfully deserved.

I don't do sloppy seconds so I won't be the one fawning over a patchwork ARVI come six months or even six children later.

The magic has evaporated post haste leaving only an ugly watermark as a reminder of what once was. In hind sight, things have rather worked out for the best. 

Purvi can now call herself Mother India and go cry herself a river to compete with the Ganges, 
Ovi can play house and dress up her Ken Doll however she chooses 
Arjun can become a couch potato, grow dreadlocks and never shower again if they should so choose. 

C'est la vie!

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Sankiepigglywigglyadittynamitagloryzdolce123abhimgBrokengirljdronamrajuampliphyramki1soapwatcher1bee5Ashlaikablueocean_787AnAvidReaderameiliapallavi25

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged

Janhvi, tell me what is so wrong what Ovi did that she went ahead and grabbed her love….

To me, it is only a game of survival of the fittest that has been hailed as the best theory that explains the evolution of the human race. Ovi was strong, she used all the weapons of diplomacy to gain her love – love, hate, divide etc. right??

Even if we see Purvi so called 'falling in love' wasn't it that she was unconsciously selecting the best suitor that can fulfill her future need and provide the best in terms of food and shelter for her progeny…I am not saying this…this phenomenon is universally accepted fact that Women will unconsciously choose the fittest in the 'male species' to survive…eh, it this terms…Ovi just came out the strongest, she survived the race…so what is so wrong in that???

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shermakoolsadhu1000blueocean_787Dabulls23

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
Laurie, the words that first came to mind were too vitriolic to put down on screen, unfortunately. I don't do seconds either, my dear friend, as you said even 6 children later or even 6 rivers of tears later.

I had to chuckle at the thought of Ovi dressing up her doll. Remember her ambitions for him? She wanted Purvi to take over his office work so he could spend his time fawning over her. He can now have the dubious honor of being her accessory on the ramp (her on stilts, of course) for ever more!!

I am positive Mother Ganga would start flowing uphill in the opposite direction before allowing Ms. Yuckmuck a chance to compete with her!!

Loved the dreadlocks and smelly lack of showers reference! Hey, we can laugh at the mockery the CVs have made of this!

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

SankiepigglywigglyadittynamitagloryzBrokengirlabhimgramki1AxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikabee5blueocean_787pallavi25

soapwatcher1 IF-Rockerz
soapwatcher1
soapwatcher1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Kalapi, great question and analogy.

Stepping back objectively, nothing wrong at all in the animal world where baser animal instincts are at work. Ovi's behavior is to be expected if Ovi has not evolved and I don't think her character has, she is very much of an ego-centric selfish child that wants and screams, "mine, mine". And children personify raw emotions with no trappings of "civilized behavior" much like in the animal kingdom.

In the real world, we don't grab a man just because he is good looking or can provide better. I would tell my daughter to leave well alone a married man, an engaged man or any man in a relationship with another girl. This solely to safeguard her happiness and also to preserve some semblance of "humanness". We do not live in the jungle, we have laws and social norms to keep peace and to co-exist peacefully. Grabbing something because you want it is like shop-lifting. If Ovi had played fair and won Arjun's love, that would be another matter entirely.

If Arjun can bring himself to forgive Ovi for what she did, latching on to her happiness at the cost of making him lose his, then they will make a blessed pair.

If Arjun had married a girl off the streets who was totally unconnected with this mess and who had no hand in him losing his happiness, I would insist he would have to stand by his marriage vows, forget Purvi and remain true to his wife. A marriage is not a joke. For this very same reason that marriage is not a joke, I would not want him to forgive a girl who has played under-handed tricks, used blackmail to procure him for herself. Not very flattering to her character and not promising for a future together if he ends up with a wife who has no thought for anyone else's happiness even his, except her own.

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 05 September 2012 at 8:38pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Sankiess4123ARluv16butunasimpletruthpigglywigglyadittyIndra2012Brokengirlabhimgnamitagloryzramki1Axiomjdronamrajubee5sunflower52Ashlaikablueocean_787AnAvidReaderpallavi25

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index