India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Shashank Interview 03.09.2012

lady_L Groupbie
lady_L
lady_L

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Shashank Vyas of Balika Vadhu talks about his struggle, personal life and insecurities as an actor

Tell us about your journey from Shashank to Jagya...
I came to Mumbai (from Ujjain) in 2009, when a friend encouraged me to pursue acting. But he left me in the lurch by not answering my calls after I got off at Dadar station. I stayed at a gurudwara in Andheri for 30 per day, where beds were provided on a first-come-first-serve basis. That meant many sleepless nights for me. My struggle boasts of 275 auditions in 18 months. After doing a one-day cameo in Rishta.com, I finally bagged Balika Vadhu on Colors and became an actor. I believe my mother, who passed away within a month of me shifting to Mumbai, takes care of me. This show is important to me, but those small assignments that helped me survive in the city initially, are dearer.

Did your unconventional looks deter you?
I didn't decide to become an actor after seeing my reflection in the mirror. I used to dance and be part of plays in school and college. People appreciated me and that's when I decided to make my hobby my profession.

How has your experience been in Balika Vadhu?
I think I am its worst actor, but the luckiest one. Every actor in this show is talented and I learn from all of them. I keep going for retakes till I am satisfied with a scene. I often laugh at my scenes. If I feel I am bad in an episode, I switch off the TV and pray that only few people would have watched it.

How does it feel to play Jagya, a character often labelled as weak, confused and spineless?
That is the foundation of the show. You can't develop a story if all the characters are strong. Even if you rechristen the show Anandi, Jagya will make a lasting impression. I get mixed response from my fans. When I went to Siddhivinayak once, many people asked me why I had gone there when my conduct was wrong. But in Shirdi, people appreciated my work. When people hate me, it means that I have convinced them with my acting. I am open to all kind of characters and not just the lead. I was offered Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, but I refused as I don't think I am a star yet.

Were you insecure with the introduction of a new male actor in the show, because the focus shifted?
I don't want to comment on my screen space, but I still get two-three scenes every episode. I am not worried about others as long as I'm getting work. I am a selfish actor. I work for myself. Daily soaps are often dragged on and hence become boring. One should call it quits when at the peak. But then, it's all about TRPs. The ratings don't bother me as it's not just one actor's responsibility. I want to think about my work and not the business. I don't understand TRPs.

Who do you get along with better — Gauri or Anandi?
Both are hard-working. They value their work and we are all of the same age. While Anjum (Gauri) is energetic, Pratyusha (Anandi) has the power to hold back. Her eyes speak a lot. We are not great buddies but we are cordial.

What do you have to say about Anjum quitting the show?
That's her decision. I congratulate her for her wedding. I've enjoyed working with Anjum and learnt a lot from her.

Tell us a bit about you as a person.
I am not impulsive and short-tempered like Jagya. I am sorted. I don't like to lose and I am an egoist. I like to watch all kinds of movies but don't like to party. I don't have many friends in the industry. After pack up, I go home and sleep.

If you fall in love with someone else — after marriage — in real life, how will you react?
It won't happen as I don't have a personality to charm women. Girls find me boring. I don't look like a hero or a cool dude.

Who is your ideal partner? Can you fall in love with an actress?
I want a mix of Gauri and Anandi, someone who understands me and my profession. I can't date an actress. She will try to make me understand throughout the day. Itni bhi samajhdaar nahi chahiye.

What about reports of your affair with actress Shrenu Parekh of the Byaah Hamari Bahu Ka fame?
It's not true. Had I been in a relationship, I would have got married since I don't like staying alone. I cook my own food. I want a wife who would oil my hair and make me a cup of tea when I return home.

Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/My-struggle-boasts-of-275-auditions-in-18-months-Shashank/articleshow/16202497.cms

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vgkantuSwethaVishnuUniqueUjjainishambhavidivya3sravssan_kNandini6A2ZVictorymonamie111misty85

simran1285 IF-Dazzler
simran1285
simran1285

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
He's truly struggled. I agree he is not actor material looks wise, but he has definitely done justice to his role as Jagya. Reading about his struggling days, I say he should be might proud of himself, he has made a name for himself in such a short span of time. I wish him all the best and hope he gets the kind of life-partner he is looking for.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SwethaVishnushambhaviDesdemonakavmuks

A2ZVictory IF-Rockerz
A2ZVictory
A2ZVictory

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Loved his candid interview. Certainly an intelleligent actor. Just needs to groom himself to look better

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shambhavi

Gouthami.b Goldie
Gouthami.b
Gouthami.b

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Watever it is ur acting is awesome shashanak both as jagya and jagat!

TFS

TheM5393

bhavi_shiv Senior Member
bhavi_shiv
bhavi_shiv

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:21am | IP Logged
thanks for the artical...nice!!!!
shashank is very nice nd down-to-earth person...he's great actor...i think he's realy handsome...
nd my mom thinks shashank is beter looking then sid...
love u shashank from me nd my mom...
lady_L Groupbie
lady_L
lady_L

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
He should have more trust in himself especially when we all say that he's a great actor. I'd really love to see him in other serials or even in movies. I'm sure that he has much more potential than what we currently get to see.

bhavi_shiv

bhavi_shiv Senior Member
bhavi_shiv
bhavi_shiv

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
i also hope he get some good movies...nd great role in future but not like the role he had in tees mar khan...lolz..
mahi12 IF-Dazzler
mahi12
mahi12

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Shanky is a  handsome young boy and a superb actor Embarrassed

Edited by mahi12 - 02 October 2012 at 8:32am

saba113

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top