Pakistani Serials

Multi-Taskers Have No Personal Life: Atif Aslam

chaha_khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Pakistani singer Atif Aslam doesn't just have a fantastic voice, but his good looks have gained him favour and a large female fan base here. Yet, he isn't inclined towards singing and acting in movies, though he played a small role in the Pakistani film, Bol (2011). "I know there are others (Pakistani singer–actor Ali Zafar) who sing and act in movies, but I'll not pursue both. I want to focus on music."

He explains, "My music career will get diluted, so I won't divert my energies in too many directions. As for movies, I don't want to force myself into them just because I am getting offers. Multi-taskers have no personal life and no free time because they handle too many things."

Other Pakistani singers like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan have had more hits in the recent past than Atif, but he has no qualms about that. "All other singers are doing better than me and I am happy for them," he smiles, insisting he's content with his career. And unlike Adnan Sami, he isn't inclined to shift to Mumbai for work. "I like my home (in Pakistan) and my bed. I miss my house when I am away for long."

At the moment, the artiste is eagerly awaiting the singing reality show Sur-Kshetra, where he plays mentor to Pakistani contestants, while singer-composer Himmesh Reshammiya offers guidance to the Indian competitors. "I hope the show erases the image Pakistanis have of Indians and vice versa," says Atif. "In today's times, we should shed such notions, which our forefathers harboured, and be open to a new thought process."

The buzz is that there were some arguments with Himmesh on the show… Atif responds, "Well, he gets excited pretty quickly."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shikharavi thumbnail
[QUOTE=chaha_khan]

Can't believe he actually try to comment on ali zafar  😕 , i thought they r frnds 

shivani_gupta thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i just luv his voice...:)😊
Tereliye06 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Why does this guy have so much ego? I don't see Ali zafar, rahat or any other pakis who are more successful then him saying bad things about him. Yeah I get it he's the one who started the trend of singing in India first I suppose with the new generation but Ali zafar is good with acting as well. After london paris new york I started to believe he can act too. I guess atif probably didn't get the recognition like he wanted to as an "actor" after bol. Oh well I don't find him as charming as rahat ali zafar and shaqfat...
pk14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i don't know y indians think he has ego . he does not have ego its called self respect ...and if u r fan of atif 's songs then i doesnot matter wat kind of attitude he has ...even we love to listen lady gaga except for the reason she praises satan ...its the singer we love not the person we know...wat badly spoiling atif's image is that stupid show sur k shetr ..some times i wonder how could atif speak infront of all indians with such an attitude ..at the end its an indian show ...they let him speak thats y he is speaking wat he wants to but indians have problem i wonder y not that indian director or producer of the show stopped him but inspite of that they started some dish dsh dah dah music on atif expression even when he turns his head around and it seems always so dramatic 😲Edited by pk14 - 11 years ago