Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Are men sacrificial goats (Page 9)

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:27am | IP Logged
vgiri thanks for ur reply .Smile

I watch American soaps as well as Indian and both have their stereotypes . Infact this stereotyping is what is formula and that is what I  am trying to say .

In my opinion all are selfish .

Arjun for breaking off with Ovi and going after Purvi .

Ovi for going after him .

Purvi for making big talks of 'love' when in reality she sold Arjun for her pririty her Aai's happiness . She hid that she had accepted Ovi's deal . Ovi had not told her to hide the deal from Archana or Arjun or to hide the fact that it was she who submitted the affidavit . Nor had Ovi told her to force Arjun to marry her ...she had merely told her to leave Arjun . 

It was Purvi's decision .

Sorry for ur emotional hurt . But I have been there before . My thoughts underwent a change as this soap progressed . I don't appreciate men having no say in a matter that concerns them as if they were sacrificial goats . Arjun would have dealt with Ovi as he deemed fit ...it was none of Purvi's business to force him into a marrige he never wanted . And the besotted lover that Arjun was ...he accepted it . Thats the reason i called him a young fool .  I  am of the opnion that he loved Purvi far more than she loved him as all the sacrifices were from his side .

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyKalapishermasashashyam.Senorita.Dabulls23

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

American audience applaud when a girl goes after Her man .  They believe that  all is fair in love and war . In American soaps the girl goes after even a married man . She simply follows her heart as she believes she has one life to live . Americans believe that if the man files for divorce its his burden not the girl's fault ...he is answerable to his wife not the girl .

But this is India and an Indian soap .

Here Arjun is unmarried .

Here Arjun was engaged to Ovi [ without a party thrown in as befitting their status but nevertheless with the blessings of the elders and it was he who proposed without any kind of force].

Here Ovi loved him since puberty and she never was interested  in boyfriends although it was a developed country .

Her fiancee comes for a project tp another country and falls  for another girl and what should she do ? 

Quietly , chupchap move out of his way  and not question him or the girl . In short , she should just roll over . Then she will be 'good Ovi.'

She should accept her mother 's decision who is divorcing her father yet again ...her decision ...her atrocious decision if i may add ...[one among the many she has taken in her life] quietly like a 'good' ' obedient' child and cling to her and even weave the flower garlands for  the Arjun Purvi wedding .

Why ?

If people tell me Kools you are going too far , all we are asking is that she ' respect' others feelings may I ask 

Why should there be a control button on Ovi's feelings while the feelings of Arjun Purvi should be uncontrollable ? 

Infact so uncontrollable are they that he renounced is dad , business everything and lived in poverty for her ...he had got it that badly . But Ovi should not get it that badly ...only he . Why ? Am puzzled . Who makes these rules ?

What is underhanded about that deal ? She offered the deal to her mother , then to her adopted daughter who had created a havoc in her peaceful life .

Had she told Purvi to hide the deal from Archana or Arjun ?

Had she told Purvi to hide from Archana that  it was she who had postponed the divorce for 10 days ? Later she was smart enough to heave a sigh of relief that Purvi did not tell her name but the decion was Purvi's alone right ?

The truth is Purvi , who was smart enough to smell deals as she was a smart working girl grabbed the deal out of  her own wish the moment it was offered to her by constantly thinking and mulling over it . This  deal would give her Aai everything ...Aai was personally foolish and stubborn and going about it the wrong way .

Arjun was totally under her thumb [ many are gonna hate me for spelling it out so bluntly] and making Arjun listen was her job .

Purvi realised quickly that it was a good deal and sold Arjun for her Aai's happiness .

But Purvi is noble . So is Arjun who has been cracking deals with DK all his life . Ah i forgot . One makes deals in business not in life .

Says who ?LOLLOLLOL This entire life we get is a deal with God if u believe in him and if you are smart enough to know what you want  you win . Purvi wanted Archana's happiness and Ovi wanted only Arjun .

And Arjun? LOLLOL Trust me , he is better off without Purvi . I would hate to be sold like that ...and be eternally grateful to the deal maker for exposing the real face .

Kool darlingBig smile….now I am convinced that I am a part of a triplet Winkand if Varsha could have her sayLOLWinkBig smile, our mom had the longest labor everBig smile….See, my post below on another thread

The list of 'emotional blackmails' that happened to date (and why only blame Ovi and Sachu in this game and say these were the only characters that were underhand with "deals")….

1.       Sachu emotionally blackmails Archu, who jumps happily to fulfill his demand. Outcome of his demand, I guess his longings to have a fully functional family to his bio mom..

Audience reaction: not happy that Archu conceded, generally

2.       Purvi emotionally blackmails Ajun to marry Ovi. The person gaining from such act is Archu followed by Sulo for the patch up….

3.       Purvi emotionally blackmails Manav for being there for Kanyadaan as 'baba'. Purvi gains by this this demand, her longings to have a male figure filling that role. Audience reaction, I think mostly neutral,

4.       Archu emotionally blackmails constantly Madhuri to give her 'legal' status of a wife, her son in the process becomes illegitimate. The person who gains most was Vaishu followed by Karanjkar household.  

5.       Archu emotionally blackmailing constantly MAna for Purvi's KAnyadaan. The person gaining from this act if Purvi and Archu (as Manav finally acted as Purvi's dad)

6.       DK emotionally blackmailing Manav to do Purvi's Kanyadaan. Gain here is still Karankjkars and Dk/Arjun, as manav gives fona acceptance and daughter status to Purvi

7.       Ovi emotionally blackmailing first Archana followed by Purvi. Gain here is Ovi and Desmukhs.

So, my question here is if the other blackmails were all over looked (mind you there were all emotional blackmails and the blackmailers were able and sane people knowing exactly what they wanted ), why only put Ovi and Sachu on the guillotine, should we not say all of the above people need to be punished, for each of these people put some 'happiness' and some 'need' above some other people, won't you say?? None of these people ever broadcasted their intentions in emotionally blackmailing the 'other' people, they consulted no one, why could they, they are adult and are capable to decide for themselves, As was Sachu and Ovi in this case. Why could they consult anybody?? Won't you agree all these emotional blackmailing was done to gain something at the end and was for some personal fulfillment???? And all involved tricking making the other people soft targets and making them work or accepting their demands????  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeshermakoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

glammie Newbie
glammie
glammie

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:00am | IP Logged
I could not have said this better myself!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalapikoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Kalapi u said it all and so correctly .

Thats what  i am trying to say ...why cheer some emotional blackmails and love pursuits and frown on some when it is all a matter of choice . Why give some love stories gaalis and cheer some on ...are those that one cheers on really worth it .LOL

Kalapisherma.Senorita.Dabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Fab post Kools and Kalapi...

Yep we selectively pick and not all...Not fair..

What is good for the goose is fabulous for the ganders Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalapikoolsadhu1000

K.Ahm IF-Rockerz
K.Ahm
K.Ahm

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged
It would be better if the 3 Karanjkar ladies becomes nun and spare the men in PR ... archu devi n purvi devi should stick to their mother throughout their life n in intervals blackmail the men to fulfill their demandsSilly ... n the men in PR r just puppets, jaha kaho waha domb hila ke chale jaate haiWackoThumbs Down

ForeverSHINeekoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged

Well, so why did Arjun agree to marry Ovi??? What was he trying to prove to Purvi?? If Ovi did a deal, so did Purvi did one and he was just a 'good' to be exchanged in the process….So, now what Mr. Arjun, now what???? Are you keeping your marriage promises or not?? You an adult made a decision, so now reap what ypu sowed, right?

And Ms. Purvi, why call Ovi on her Wedding night…what will be now the 'relationship'???

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sherma.Senorita.Dabulls23

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Well guys couldn't resist so did a commentary today LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KalapishermaDabulls23

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index